or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Petronius ties - like Marinella?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Petronius ties - like Marinella?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Was in Barney's and saw ties made by a firm called Petronius. Looked gorgeous, very much like Marinella or Cappelli. In fact, from the design of the labels, I wonder if Drakes makes these for Petronius as they make the RTW marinellas.

Anyone know about Petronius?

They were $155, better than $195 for the Marinellas down the street at Bergdorf's
post #2 of 15
Try a search Johnny, I think these have come up before and Manton enjoys them.
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
Was in Barney's and saw ties made by a firm called Petronius. Looked gorgeous, very much like Marinella or Cappelli. In fact, from the design of the labels, I wonder if Drakes makes these for Petronius as they make the RTW marinellas.

Anyone know about Petronius?

They were $155, better than $195 for the Marinellas down the street at Bergdorf's

I can not comment on the quality, as I've never owned one. But word on the street is that they are up there with the other big names. Im also quite sure they run their own production, and dont relabel Drakes.
post #4 of 15
They're definitely not made by Drakes. I like Petronius ties quite a bit.
post #5 of 15
Jonathan at fourinhand.com can tell you more about the brand, and - I think - beat that price too.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Jonathan at fourinhand.com can tell you more about the brand, and - I think - beat that price too.
I actually have one from Jonathan and another from an SF member. It's a great tie.
post #7 of 15
For printed silks, I think Marinella is much better, based on the small sample I have had.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
In fact, from the design of the labels, I wonder if Drakes makes these for Petronius as they make the RTW marinellas.

Marinella ties are made by Drakes?
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
In fact, from the design of the labels, I wonder if Drakes makes these for Petronius as they make the RTW marinellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post
Marinella ties are made by Drakes?


I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Having said that, though, Drake's and Marinella often use very similar and even the same printed silks, sourced from the same mills.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post
Marinella ties are made by Drakes?
No. They're handmade in Naples.
post #11 of 15
I have one Petronius and I like it a lot. I would get more. Price is excellent, and yes, I recommend FIH, cheaper than Barney's.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
No. They're handmade in Naples.

Marinella only makes the bespoke ties to the best of my knowledge. I have seen his better ties being made by one supplier and there is another for the least expensive ready to wear.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Marinella only makes the bespoke ties to the best of my knowledge. I have seen his better ties being made by one supplier and there is another for the least expensive ready to wear.

this is correct william
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Marinella only makes the bespoke ties to the best of my knowledge. I have seen his better ties being made by one supplier and there is another for the least expensive ready to wear.

Your point is well taken. I can't say whether they're made by Marinella - only in Naples
post #15 of 15
biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Petronius ties - like Marinella?