or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bryan Ferry Interview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bryan Ferry Interview - Page 4

post #46 of 71
I can't get behind any band or musician that becomes famous for covering other people's songs.
post #47 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I can't get behind any band or musician that becomes famous for covering other people's songs.

You mean like Frank Sinatra? Or the Boston Symphony Orchestra?
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLA View Post
You mean like Frank Sinatra? Or the Boston Symphony Orchestra?

Yes, or Elvis Presley.
post #49 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I can't get behind any band or musician that becomes famous for covering other people's songs.

Ferry didnt become famous for covering others songs.
post #50 of 71
For those that are not familair with Ferry's work: http://www.roxyrama.com/index.shtml. or http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/bryan.php.
Sheer musical genius with style to spare!
post #51 of 71
Avalon is great. Probably their most successful LP. But, my favorite is Manifesto. Decadent arty glam pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigory View Post
In The Mood For Love inspired Wong Kar Way to make a movie with the same name. Terrific movie actually!
Excellent movie. One of my favorites. I've been meaning to see 2046, the semi-sequel.
post #52 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLA View Post
You mean like Frank Sinatra? Or the Boston Symphony Orchestra?

My way for example?

They all do it ....

When it is done with panache , no problem with cover...
post #53 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

When it is done with panache , no problem with cover...

+100
post #54 of 71
i'm a fan. <-----
post #55 of 71
Roxy Music are up there with The Kinks and Velvet Underground.

Country Life and Siren are probably my two favorite Roxy albums.
post #56 of 71
Quote:
Brian Eno I just looked up some images, looks like a poor man's David Bhowie.
It's possible that it is the other way around.
post #57 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Brian Eno I just looked up some images, looks like a poor man's David Bhowie.

I suggest listening instead.
post #58 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by either/or View Post
I suggest listening instead.

No one would be crazy for saying that. I think David is just the better looking, more commercial and better businessman. Never ever met David Bowie or made anything for him which is strange. He must move in very different circles. I made suits for Brian Eno, he's a bit like a very nice art teacher in a good way.
post #59 of 71
Bowie is generally more well known than Eno/Ferry/Roxy music, Marc Bolan/T. Rex, and Iggy Pop/The Stooges.

Does it follow that a less famous contemporary of Bowie is a poor man's version of him?

Because Bowie is a better businessman? I thought music was art?

post #60 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Bowie is generally more well known than Eno/Ferry/Roxy music, Marc Bolan/T. Rex, and Iggy Pop/The Stooges.

Does it follow that a less famous contemporary of Bowie is a poor man's version of him?

Because Bowie is a better businessman? I thought music was art?


Don't be naive...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bryan Ferry Interview