Originally Posted by Slopho
^ Drugs man, Drugs.
Edit: That's how I'd like to propose./
That's some hard stuff.
Originally Posted by Anthony K
Fuck me running, I've been watching wrestling practically my entire life and I've never heard that one! Of course, I googled it and sure enough, that rumor is everywhere.
I'd say it goes like this:
- Vince thinks of Savage like a son. Savage breaks Vince's heart, defecting to WCW. Apparently, he stated he would welcome Savage back, but never again do business with Hogan.
- Years later, Vince finds out Savage tried it on with Stephanie. This is the double whammy. Vince, once again, was betrayed by Savage. Savage gets barred. Stephanie goes on to assure him that nothing happened. There's no way Vince responds as he did (does nothing), if Savage technically raped his daughter.
- In interviews over a decade old, Savage acts as though he doesn't know that Vince has a problem with him. The only thing he doesn't know is that Vince now knows.
- Vince goes against his word, doing business with Hogan, not Savage.
- WWE staff claim that nobody is allowed to ever mention Savage. Only recently, Savage got a legends contract (toys, video games etc.), but does not appear on WWE TV (a Hall of Fame induction would require his physical participation, precisely why he is never inducted). I seriously can't see the man that banged your daughter getting that, can you?
- On Bret Hart's radio show (The Hitman and Groberman Show) last month, Savage calls Vince a "coward", says he'll kiss Stephanie for "old time's sake", and challenges her husband, Triple H, if he has a problem with it. Bret Hart asks him straight up about the rumour to which Savage says he "can't remember", but for someone that can't remember, he gives the month and the year of the event he couldn't remember!
- It is my belief that over the years it was exaggerated from Savage pursuing/dating/kissing Stephanie to Savage fucking her, and he knows they don't have anything on him, so he perpetuates the myth (as can be seen on the YT promo I posted where he more than mentions Stephanie). His brother, Lanny Poffo, is also in on it. He came up with something along the lines of "the internet wrestling fans know why (Savage) isn't inducted".