or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › REQUEST: Anyone with Russian business contacts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REQUEST: Anyone with Russian business contacts?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
All, I'm headed to Russia on behalf of a client next week. Though I have plenty of Russian relatives, including a cousin in Moscow, we don't have any truly "independent" business contacts, and information from the FSR tends to be highly tailored to the listener (in other words, we're hearing a lot of bullshit). Since we seem to have all manner of high-rollers, king makers, and otherwise lofty dudes here, I thought I'd see if anyone has a Russian contact they consider reliable. I'm not looking to do business with them, I just want to get their opinion on some general questions regarding regulations, currency control, and other items where I've gotten widely divergent opinions. You can't talk to too many people. I will, of course, compensate them for their time. Thanks!
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
All,

I'm headed to Russia on behalf of a client next week. Though I have plenty of Russian relatives, including a cousin in Moscow, we don't have any truly "independent" business contacts, and information from the FSR tends to be highly tailored to the listener (in other words, we're hearing a lot of bullshit).

Since we seem to have all manner of high-rollers, king makers, and otherwise lofty dudes here, I thought I'd see if anyone has a Russian contact they consider reliable. I'm not looking to do business with them, I just want to get their opinion on some general questions regarding regulations, currency control, and other items where I've gotten widely divergent opinions. You can't talk to too many people.

I will, of course, compensate them for their time.

Thanks!

have you thought about the US commercial office? for what you are talking about, that would be your best bet. for 700 bucks a day they will do pretty much anything that you want, but for what you want you can probably set a meeting and spend 2 hours with them and pick their brains.

http://www.buyusa.gov/russia/en/
post #3 of 8
..
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
have you thought about the US commercial office? for what you are talking about, that would be your best bet. for 700 bucks a day they will do pretty much anything that you want, but for what you want you can probably set a meeting and spend 2 hours with them and pick their brains. http://www.buyusa.gov/russia/en/
Good suggestion, I set up a meeting with them, I will let you know how it goes.
post #5 of 8
"Russian business contacts" is code for the mob, right?
post #6 of 8
my uncle, who owns a deli in Cali, imports fine delicatessens from the mother land. I don't think he can help you with your questions though. With that said, If anyone needs a container of cured polish sausage, my uncle is your guy
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Good suggestion, I set up a meeting with them, I will let you know how it goes.

good luck

by the way, if you ask them, they can get you a discount on your hotel rate.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
"Russian business contacts" is code for the mob, right?

I was wondering the same thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › REQUEST: Anyone with Russian business contacts?