or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits - Page 4

post #46 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranDCG View Post
Sources: Username GradSchooler expected to turn himself in on a warrant accusing him of the rape of SF-user Chrenetique

"But she (Chrenetique) wanted it" GradSchooler's lawyer asserted.
post #47 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 View Post
As you say he had a history of this, i know a guy that alleges he worked for DSK in the past and said this is no surprise. I am sure it would not take long for the NYPD to find out this is is usual M.O and find the girls story very credible. If true and convicted, may he be locked up with Bernie, another one who thought he was way above the law who stepped too far one too many times.

The French Consulate General in HK got fired a few months back for stealing a couple of bottles of expensive Burgundy from the cellar of a private members club. Allegedly not the first time he helped himself to Vino

It seems like DSK has a history of forcing himself on the ladies.
The maid and that nubile blonde newscaster.

This reminds me of Gerard Depardieu's Time mag interview years ago where he said he and his pals in their younger days would spend their time raping girls. That got pulled hastily but the damage was done. Makes me wonder whether forcing oneself on the ladies is an European or French thing. After all, Berlusconi is famous for dry humping an Italian meter maid. On camera.
post #48 of 67
First of all, I would like to say hi to everyone. This is my first post here and I would like to express my thanks to every active member of the community. This forum is awesome and I have already learned a lot from it.

Now, to the point. Let me reassure you that forcing oneself on a lady is not at all accepted in France, Italy or any other part of Europe as far I know (I am Italian myself). On the other hand, there is no doubt that cases of sexual harassment, attempted rape and the such are treated much more severely in the US that in most European countries. DSK actions would have most certainly had no repercussions, had he been in a parisian hotel instead of NY. And that is because in France, just like in Italy, politicians can get away with such things, not only because of their status, but also because public opinion tends to more sympathetic that the average American would expect. For instance, a few years ago newspapers released a picture of Berlusconi in his villa in company of five (five!!!) twenty-something year old girls in bikinis. Had this happened to any senator or congressmen in the US that would have surely signed the end of this career. But, unsurprisingly, there were no consequences for Berlusconi or his credibility and in fact he was elected once more after the fact. (Although he did not dry hump the meter lady on record; the dude in the video is a look-alike).
post #49 of 67
That's it, I'm moving to Europe.
post #50 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
.... you just have to believe an incredible story.

Indeed, an incredibly impossible story. In fact, it's so impossible that's hard for a professional writer to make it up, let alone for a "ňúchambermaid'. And even if she had such a rich imagination, it's hard to imagine why she would want to make this up, as her job is now probably in jeopardy. Not something a single mom would want to jeopardize. Surely any possible set-up by DSK's opponents - and presumably, payments to her - would come out sooner or later. Again, not something a single mom would want to risk.

You're correct; it's a pretty impossible story. I know which side I would prefer to argue.
post #51 of 67
..
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
Listen, I know people who know Strauss-Kahn personally, who even had sex with him, so I can tell (like many other Frenchmen, and many politicians who have no interest in defending him, btw) it is impossible to believe he's a rapist. The guy loves sex, but is very cold-headed too. It looks like an ugly plot against him (for various plausible reasons - his European policy, his embarrassing rivalry with Sarkozy...).



So, if I can't prove he's innocent, he's guilty, that's it? Ever heard of presumption of innocence? My dear friend, if you can't prove he did it, then he's innocent. Period. And the facts are nearly impossible to prove - you just have to believe an incredible story.
On the other hand, I know the guy from personal sources (unlike you, okay?), and we have good reasons to think it's only a plot against Strauss-Kahn.

Oh - and you're just impolite ("asshole"? is this tolerated here? please ban) and brainwashed by the vilest U.S. media.



Do you like presumption of innocence? The man assaulted nobody, until the contrary is judicially established. Media gossips are not proofs, even if written in huge letters.

Anyway, two weeks ago, Strauss-Kahn told the press he asked Sarkozy to stop dirtying him about his privacy, and feared a plot about "a woman he would rape in a parking lot, and who would be promised 500 000 or 1 000 000 euros to make up such a story..." And now he would rape a woman, precisely when he feared to be wrongly accused of it? Isn't it interesting?

Article in French revealing this: http://www.liberation.fr/politiques/...emmes-et-alors

Plus, his suits were nice indeed - which at least proves his sartorial innocence.
Your posts remind me of this crazy cat Oxxfordsomethingorother who used to post here.
post #53 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post
Indeed, an incredibly impossible story. In fact, it's so impossible that's hard for a professional writer to make it up, let alone for a "ňúchambermaid'. And even if she had such a rich imagination, it's hard to imagine why she would want to make this up, as her job is now probably in jeopardy. Not something a single mom would want to jeopardize. Surely any possible set-up by DSK's opponents - and presumably, payments to her - would come out sooner or later. Again, not something a single mom would want to risk.

You're correct; it's a pretty impossible story. I know which side I would prefer to argue.

Just so. If you are, say, an enemy of DSK's seeking to frame him up on a rape charge, there are easier ways to do it.

Setting up something like what allegedly happened is by far the hardest way. First and most importantly, you'd have to make sure the false victim -- the housekeeper, in this case -- can sustain the incredible tale for months and even years despite brutal and ceaseless scrutiny of the finest defense attorneys money can buy.

Far easier to send in a pro (which this woman almost certainly is not) and go from there. The case, as it stands, would be a masterpiece for even the old school NKVD crowd who spent their whole careers trying to come up with something half as good as this.

We'll see how the case plays out, but if Occam's razor is still sharp, it looks pretty bad for DSK.
post #54 of 67
..
post #55 of 67
So what about his suits? I mean, pics or GTFO.
post #56 of 67
It's almost ridiculous to even think they might cost that much money. It's like the idiots that say he was staying at 3K-a-night Sofitel room, when everyone knows that you spend what $500-$600 for that room.
post #57 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
Far easier to send in a pro (which this woman almost certainly is not) and go from there. The case, as it stands, would be a masterpiece for even the old school NKVD crowd who spent their whole careers trying to come up with something half as good as this.

We'll see how the case plays out, but if Occam's razor is still sharp, it looks pretty bad for DSK.

Based on my indepth knowledge of diplomatic law from Lethal Weapon 2, why cant DSK invoke diplomatic immunity? After all, in that movie, didnt the South African ambassador murdered Mel's girlfriend and claimed immunity by flashing his passport?

And how likely is DSK going to do a Polanski once he gets the chance?
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangofett View Post
Based on my indepth knowledge of diplomatic law from Lethal Weapon 2, why cant DSK invoke diplomatic immunity? After all, in that movie, didnt the South African ambassador murdered Mel's girlfriend and claimed immunity by flashing his passport?

And how likely is DSK going to do a Polanski once he gets the chance?

Oh no! Does this mean Mel Gibson is going to shoot him while doing an immitation of Curly from the Three Stooges?
post #59 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio3969 View Post
Oh no! Does this mean Mel Gibson is going to shoot him while doing an immitation of Curly from the Three Stooges?

No. He will tongue the chambermaid in lieu of Patsy Kensit and carry that beaver puppet.
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Cant we have a modicum of decorum? Chambermaid, please.

Sorry, noted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits