or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits - Page 3

post #31 of 67
In cases like this anyone with one ounce of wisdom will reserve judgment until at least several weeks after the fact, when most of the disinformation that has been spread by all sides has hopefully dissipated and “facts” become clearer Until then having anything close to a strong opinion on what happened is pure stupidity As for those $$$$ suits, I am sure that whatever number you mention that seems conceivable (yes not $1M) has been done before. After all people pay $10Ks for shoes of crap exotic materials so anything goes when you are rich and bored
post #32 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Nice guy... has a "liquid lunch" almost every day at the Old Ebbitt Grill, just a few steps down from his shop.

Ah, that explains the distended belly
post #33 of 67
Kiton does a MTM Vicuna or Super 250's at 35K and up. I can tell you the cloth itself is a few grand a yard. A Paul Stuart MTM suit in Super 250s from Scabal would run $19,000.
post #34 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
According to the media, his tailor would be "Georges de Paris", the famous Washington-based tailor (Strauss-Kahn denied). His prices indeed vary from €5000 to €25000 for the finest fabrics. No one really knows if Strauss-Kahn paid €25000 or less; it's just a libellous supposition made by journalists trying to dirty his reputation. They just took the higher price to convey the idea he's a filthy plutocrat - wealth and money are somewhat taboo in France. All this comes in a whole defamatory campaign against him (it started last week, just before the sex scandal).

Indeed, Strauss-Kahn was the man to kill... Too popular, too brilliant, too likely to win next year's presidential election. The guy is notoriously "sex-oriented" (I even know a girl who met him at a swingers' party), but obviously not a rapist. Sad story.

I keep hearing this - that lots of folks had it out for him, wanted to plot his downfall, etc.

But seriously? Wouldn't such "powers that be" have used someone other than a maid?

The Wikileaks dude was entrapped by a couple hotties. This dude got a maid who probably smells like Lysol. Fail.

Well, looks like Sarko wins again. I'm fine with it so long as Le Pen (the dude who wants all Muslims placed in a pile, doused with gasoline, and then ignited) doesn't win - that dude is the antichrist.
post #35 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloM View Post
Kiton does a MTM Vicuna or Super 250's at 35K and up. I can tell you the cloth itself is a few grand a yard. A Paul Stuart MTM suit in Super 250s from Scabal would run $19,000.

You can bet DSK has tapped a housekeeper in one
post #36 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Not that it merits further debate here...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1MbLBuWbv

Summary - he says she consented to the encounter, meaning he definitely tapped that. Beyond that, who can say, but on the question of penetration, there is no longer any doubt. Like it matters.

Great the New York Post - known for solid journalism throughout the world ;-)

Interesting how half of the commentators "know" he did not do it because some friend knows somebody who knows something, whereas the rest "knows" that he is guilty because else the maid would not have accused him and it is unthinkable and never happend in history that men were falsly accused of rape. BTW: My favorite is that the NYPD would have never arrested him without solid evidence - as if absolutely all NYPD arrests were found guilty in court!
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
Great the New York Post - known for solid journalism throughout the world ;-) Interesting how half of the commentators "know" he did not do it because some friend knows somebody who knows something, whereas the rest "knows" that he is guilty because else the maid would not have accused him and it is unthinkable and never happend in history that men were falsly accused of rape. BTW: My favorite is that the NYPD would have never arrested him without solid evidence - as if absolutely all NYPD arrests were found guilty in court!
Never knew him personally, but I've been to some of his talks, and I know a thing or two about his policies. He is a brilliant man -- while I cannot speak for his personal qualities, this reeks too much of a setup. I believe just a few weeks ago, he had expressed fear that he may be setup.
post #38 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
Oh - and you're just impolite ("asshole"? is this tolerated here? please ban) and brainwashed by the vilest U.S. media.
Your head called, apparently it's stuck someplace where it's dark and smells like New Jersey.
post #39 of 67
i hate people who ask for other people to be banned- at least this reptile did it publicly which means he is not a snake, but more like a lizard Cowardly beasts in any case First ones to turn you over in any totalitarian state (like SF )
post #40 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
You can bet DSK has tapped a housekeeper in one

Cant we have a modicum of decorum? Chambermaid, please.
post #41 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post
I keep hearing this - that lots of folks had it out for him, wanted to plot his downfall, etc.

But seriously? Wouldn't such "powers that be" have used someone other than a maid?

The Wikileaks dude was entrapped by a couple hotties. This dude got a maid who probably smells like Lysol. Fail.

Well, looks like Sarko wins again. I'm fine with it so long as Le Pen (the dude who wants all Muslims placed in a pile, doused with gasoline, and then ignited) doesn't win - that dude is the antichrist.

He's not running, welcome to Marine's world!
post #42 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
Do you like presumption of innocence? The man assaulted nobody, until the contrary is judicially established. Media gossips are not proofs, even if written in huge letters.

First off, if I were you (and thank the gods I'm not) I'd stop advertising you run in Strauss-Khan's social circles. They don't exactly seem to be the most savoury of characters. Anyone who calls himself a socialist and then heads an organization which exploits the poorest countries in the world has proven himself a hypocrite at best.

Second, you're confusing two issues; legal and ontological. The legal presumption of innocence has no relation what-so-ever to whether or not he actually did it. It is a material truth that he either did it or he didn't. The presumption of innocence does not change reality. It is not that he didn't do it until it's proven and then magically history changes so that he did.

There is no way for any of us to know what happened in that hotel room. There are only two people that really know. The courtroom findings will not change that. Even if DSK is not convicted, it in no way proves he's innocent. People are not proven innocent in court, they are shown to be not legally culpable of what they are accused of, i.e. not "guilty". They still may have done it, but the state could not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Presumption of innocence is essentially a legal version of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. In essence, it states that for the purposes of determining legality and culpability, the government will assume that the accused did not commit the act they are accused of, so as to avail themselves of all the legal rights (and defenses) they are entitled to. It's part of the social contract by which citizens agree to abdicate their personal sovereignty to the state in exchange for protection and the requirement that the state not infringe on the rights of its citizenry without testing their case and proving their justified authority to violate citizens rights.

I'm sure we all agree that presumption of innocence is a legal good. That said, a rapist is a rapist whether he has been found legally culpable (i.e. guilty) or whether he gets away with it. You're assertion that he's "obviously not a rapist" is just as unfounded as the "vilest US media" you are railing against. At best, it's second hand anecdotal evidence from unnamed sources. The fact that these sources slept with DSK and he didn't rape them doesn't mean anything.
post #43 of 67
Sources: Username GradSchooler expected to turn himself in on a warrant accusing him of the rape of SF-user Chrenetique
post #44 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper007 View Post
The sickness of those who try to defend the indefensible is just shocking. i cannot fathom the level of self delusion is must take to believe DSK was set-up. believe me, the US police would not be acting in the way they are now if they didn't have extremely solid evidence. Not to mention DSK history of sexual harassment and alleged rape attempt (s)

As you say he had a history of this, i know a guy that alleges he worked for DSK in the past and said this is no surprise. I am sure it would not take long for the NYPD to find out this is is usual M.O and find the girls story very credible. If true and convicted, may he be locked up with Bernie, another one who thought he was way above the law who stepped too far one too many times.

The French Consulate General in HK got fired a few months back for stealing a couple of bottles of expensive Burgundy from the cellar of a private members club. Allegedly not the first time he helped himself to Vino
post #45 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC View Post
A friend of mine's best friends' neighbor's uncle passed Sarkozy on the street the other day. He said he didnt set DSK up. I believe him, after all, he's innocent until proven guilty.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits