or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 
"Even more recently, the conservative press has ... published details of his ... €25,000 suits made to measure by Barack Obama's tailor."

10th paragraph in:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...low?intcmp=239

Journalistic hyperbole, or matter of fact? Anyone know?
post #2 of 67
Given the state of journalism today, it wouldn't surprise me if he simply "spent 25,000" on [a bunch of] suits.
post #3 of 67
... or if he had bought 25,000 suits.
post #4 of 67
According to the media, his tailor would be "Georges de Paris", the famous Washington-based tailor (Strauss-Kahn denied). His prices indeed vary from €5000 to €25000 for the finest fabrics. No one really knows if Strauss-Kahn paid €25000 or less; it's just a libellous supposition made by journalists trying to dirty his reputation. They just took the higher price to convey the idea he's a filthy plutocrat - wealth and money are somewhat taboo in France. All this comes in a whole defamatory campaign against him (it started last week, just before the sex scandal). Indeed, Strauss-Kahn was the man to kill... Too popular, too brilliant, too likely to win next year's presidential election. The guy is notoriously "sex-oriented" (I even know a girl who met him at a swingers' party), but obviously not a rapist. Sad story.
post #5 of 67
i thought obama wears hartmarx suits that run a couple of grand at most. where did this "barack obama's tailor" come from? 25K sounds more like bush oxxford territory,
post #6 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig View Post
i thought obama wears hartmarx suits that run a couple of grand at most. where did this "barack obama's tailor" come from? 25K sounds more like bush oxxford territory,

Obama also wears Georges de Paris suits (tailor for all U.S. presidents since 1965, and Washington lobbyists), although he prefers Hartmarx.
post #7 of 67
Hes no Murabak.
post #8 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrenetique View Post
Obama also wears Georges de Paris suits (tailor for all U.S. presidents since 1965, and Washington lobbyists), although he prefers Hartmarx.
I've never heard of a suit that costs $35,000. Maybe he buys Savile Row suit made from Alpaca suits embedded with gold threading?
post #9 of 67
Not sure what could make a suit cost that much nor what kind of person could charge that much.
post #10 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post
Not sure what could make a suit cost that much nor what kind of person could charge that much.
Dege and Skinner has a Super 250s suit with gold threading for 8,000 sterling. And another firm has a Vicuna jacket with pure gold buttons for 7,000 sterling See the first minute of this vid:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Hes no Murabak.

i just love this... the ultimate FU suit.

the only thing even better would be a windowpane in the same pattern.
post #12 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
I've never heard of a suit that costs $35,000. Maybe he buys Savile Row suit made from Alpaca suits embedded with gold threading?

i remember reading an article a while ago about kiton bespoke or semi-bespoke suits made from rare fabrics that would run you 25K+.
post #13 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig View Post
i remember reading an article a while ago about kiton bespoke or semi-bespoke suits made from rare fabrics that would run you 25K+.

I have heard this of Armani as well.
post #14 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
I've never heard of a suit that costs $35,000. Maybe he buys Savile Row suit made from Alpaca suits embedded with gold threading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post
Not sure what could make a suit cost that much nor what kind of person could charge that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig View Post
i remember reading an article a while ago about kiton bespoke or semi-bespoke suits made from rare fabrics that would run you 25K+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I have heard this of Armani as well.

Some people will buy anything.
post #15 of 67
I have a couple...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits