• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We always get these interesting glimpses on the periphery of clothing shots. I thought it would be interesting to see the homes /dwellings of SF members.

Mine is a one story ranch style house, 1200 sq. ft
Floors are walnut.

The furniture in the living room shots:

Leather chairs from Restoration Hardware in the style of Jean Michael Frank.

Chesterfield style sofa in brown velvet, silver nailhead trim.

Silk pillows from Silk Trading Co.

Coffee table by Bernhardt, a kind of Asian /Rococo hybrid

Panoramic photos taken from the turn of the century.
(Found in the garbage!)

Lamps by chairs are from Pottery Barn.

Small table, Neo classical inspired by Baker

Not in picture: red Eames LCW, and MVDR Barcelona chair

Bedroom picture:
Wooden bed
Lamp on dresser, Restoration Hardware.
Bachelor chest by Bernhardt
Enlargements of postcards I got from Barcelona, Spain
Linen curtains, I removed most of the closet doors.
Closet: suits and the shoe rack.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DP, great idea. Like all places, ours is eternally a work in progress and some things might have already changed. The dining room chairs are on their way out as they are just not comfortable enough for dinner parties when older folks come over.

1. Entryway - Knotted chair, marble Saarinen table, vintage cadelabra, Bernt Mirror, Shade Shade.

2, 3. Dining Room - Saarinen table, Bertoia chairs, S-chair, Low-pad chairs, Ruhs Panca, various art and knick-nacks.

4. Bedroom - Felt chair, Uni lacquered cabinet, more knick-nacks

5. Egg chairs, Cone table, Irkel bookshelf, more crap

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Continued... 1. Living room - Rive Droite chair, Ile sofa, some table that I don't know the name of from Cappellini, more junk. 2. Solarium (?) - Same two Low pad chairs and Ruhs Panca from Dining room. 3. Kitchen - Pretty self explanatory, but a poor picture. Any questions about any of the art, architecture, house or crap feel free to ask.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Continued...

1. Living room - Rive Droite chair, Ile sofa, some table that I don't know the name of from Cappellini, more junk.

2. Solarium (?) - Same two Low pad chairs and Ruhs Panca from Dining room.

3. Kitchen - Pretty self explanatory, but a poor picture.

Any questions about any of the art, architecture, house or crap feel free to ask.

Nice range!

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Continued...

1. Living room - Rive Droite chair, Ile sofa, some table that I don't know the name of from Cappellini, more junk.

2. Solarium (?) - Same two Low pad chairs and Ruhs Panca from Dining room.

3. Kitchen - Pretty self explanatory, but a poor picture.

Any questions about any of the art, architecture, house or crap feel free to ask.

Matt: Where are you located? Curious because of the city shot in one of the windows.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Matt: Where are you located? Curious because of the city shot in one of the windows.
San Francisco.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you keep the clothes?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dp: love the walnut floor

matt: love the modern look and furnishings. Who made that kitchen? How large is the apt? Is it an older building?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EL- Thanks. The building is from the 20s and the apt is around 3000sf. Kitchen is SieMatic IIRC.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Matt. We're looking into kitchens so I'll try and look them up. Great taste as always.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt,

Why do you have *three* Starck juicers when you only need one in order NOT to be able to prepare a proper glass of fresh juice?
tounge.gif

(I have one, too, and yet I always reach for my cheap plastic juicer when I'm in the kitchen....)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Matt,

Why do you have *three* Starck juicers when you only need one in order NOT to be able to prepare a proper glass of fresh juice?
tounge.gif

(I have one, too, and yet I always reach for my cheap plastic juicer when I'm in the kitchen....)

I thought it was the Alessi juicer.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I thought it was the Alessi juicer.

Alessi is the manufacturer; Philipe Starck is the designer. He is infamous for creating sculptural designs for Alessi that only sort-of function properly, such as the "Hot Bertaa" kettle (pictured below) and the "Juicy Salif" juicer under discussion.

object477_pic562_normal.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads