or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes - Page 63

post #931 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
regarding the studio, I would rotate the bed to free up some more room, shift the furniture towards the window a bit, and then add a kitchen cart in the kitchen area to create a sense of separation between the kitchen and living areas. Also, taller bookshelves to add a dimention of height and to create more storage space.

I played with some room dividers but nothing really worked for me. Now I'm kind of used to the space being wide open. I've moved the bed and furniture around a couple of times. I use the open area in front of the window for painting.
post #932 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
carpeted loft or is the camera flash playing tricks on me?

Carpet sucks ass. I want to tear it up and polish the concrete. A couple of the lofts in the building have rough wood, concrete or both. I was lucky enough to have carpet...
post #933 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
I like the exposed brick

The exposed brick and the big window cinched the deal for me. The brick has several old rusty nails (I know...hazard...but I can't bring myself to remove them) and broken wood pieces in the mortar. I love it.

post #934 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas View Post
Carpet sucks ass. I want to tear it up and polish the concrete. A couple of the lofts in the building have rough wood, concrete or both. I was lucky enough to have carpet...

ok, it's terrible. tear it out.
post #935 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcral1 View Post
I find it strange why people would post pictures of where they live on the internet.

Do you all think your living your own version of vogue living? So far all I've seen is some vague middle class desire to show off ones internet e-penis.

I'm sorry but posting pictures of the mansion you live in with a ferrari parked out the front is a silly display of wealth. It is insulting and tacky to people from all socio-economic backgrounds, especially in an economic environment where alot of people have lost and/or are looking for jobs.

You may as well make a thread stating something like "SF: Bank Account: How big is your statement" or "SF: Wives: How Hot is the ass you tap each night?". Vulgar. What ever happened to the days of discrete wealth?

if this kind of thing is bothersome to you, you probably ought to find another forum to frequent.
post #936 of 1906
Nice loft. I would swap out the ceiling fan/light for a proper fan when you can.

Is the carpet glued and nailed down? If not it may be an easy fix to lift it. Concrete polishing is very dusty - you would have to remove everything for a week.

I'm seriously rethinking my decorating style. Yesterday a very cute yoga instructor drove up as I was watering some plants and told me she has always loved my house and asked if she could have a quick tour before this weekend's open house. Very cute . . . so I said sure.

About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste."

My wife is still laughing.

lefty
post #937 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste." My wife is still laughing. lefty
post #938 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
you have to remove everything permanently. lefty
ftfy
post #939 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas View Post
Carpet sucks ass. I want to tear it up and polish the concrete. A couple of the lofts in the building have rough wood, concrete or both. I was lucky enough to have carpet...
You should consider doing an acid stain on the concrete.
post #940 of 1906
I agree entirely: an acid wash would look amazing. The carpet is glued down so whatever flooring is underneath will need to be completely redone.
post #941 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Nice loft. I would swap out the ceiling fan/light for a proper fan when you can.

Is the carpet glued and nailed down? If not it may be an easy fix to lift it. Concrete polishing is very dusty - you would have to remove everything for a week.

I'm seriously rethinking my decorating style. Yesterday a very cute yoga instructor drove up as I was watering some plants and told me she has always loved my house and asked if she could have a quick tour before this weekend's open house. Very cute . . . so I said sure.

About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste."

My wife is still laughing.

lefty

I have been told on several occasions: "I can't believe a single, straight guy lives here..."

The fan is totally functional but extremely ugly. I've seen several very cool, industrial fans I'd like to put up. I never use the light anyway.
post #942 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas View Post
I have been told on several occasions: "I can't believe a single, straight guy lives here..."

Was the painting on display in each of these occasions?
post #943 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Was the painting on display in each of these occasions?

Hahahahaha. Yeah. The funny thing is most people completely overlook it...or they're not really sure what to say.

I really need to post a good-quality shot of that painting.
post #944 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas View Post
I have been told on several occasions: "I can't believe a single, straight guy lives here..."

The fan is totally functional but extremely ugly. I've seen several very cool, industrial fans I'd like to put up. I never use the light anyway.

You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:


1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty
post #945 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:


1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty



amazing photo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes