or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes - Page 10

post #136 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
I'm considering the Audience line or the Focus line for a primarily home theatre application with some musical use. Most likely, 5.1 with a SVS sub.. not sure yet on the power plant / processing. I want a MC207 but the likelihood of that in the next 5 years is pretty freaking slim so I'll probably end up with Arcam gear or a Denon receiver as my pre/pro with a respectable 7-chan; I also won't be opting for a CD Transport or anything too audiophile-centric in the system's inception.. mostly FLAC output via the HTPC. How do you like your Danes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Thanks Roy-quality gear. A friend uses Herbies tube dampers in his Audio Research amp.

Thanks Artisan Fan.

Kronik, I love the speakers, though admittedly, I didn't audition any others really. Just read up on them and found a lot of good things said about the line and the company.

I'm really an audiophile from a music lover's perspective. I love my music and want to hear it reproduced well. I don't really speak the audiophile lingo. That said, Dynaudio are a pretty special speaker company.
post #137 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatrick View Post
Thanks Artisan Fan.

Kronik, I love the speakers, though admittedly, I didn't audition any others really. Just read up on them and found a lot of good things said about the line and the company.

I'm really an audiophile from a music lover's perspective. I love my music and want to hear it reproduced well. I don't really speak the audiophile lingo. That said, Dynaudio are a pretty special speaker company.

I should add that they sounded a hell of a lot better when they were on their floorstands. The usual tug of war with the wife over stereo equipment taking up floorspace in the new place banished them to the top of the record cabs.
post #138 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
The look from my yard:


View from the roof terrace:


The current living room:


The new living room:


The furniture I bought:


This is how it looks from the street at the moment:


This is how it should look from the street when it's done:

A little update, my home still isn't done yet. I hope the contractor will be done by february. So I can move all my stuff in, finally. if the contractor makes the february deadline he spent a full year working on it.

The view from the terrace:


the front:




post #139 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Show us yours, then, LK....
I have '60s Danish furniture.
post #140 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post


I have '60s Danish furniture.

I'm surprised you have standard white walls. I would have expected some damask wallpaper made from the skins of orphaned puppies.
post #141 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
I'm surprised you have standard white walls. I would have expected some damask wallpaper made from the skins of orphaned puppies.

White walls are rather practical for background.
post #142 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
White walls are rather practical for background.

Practicality isn't your style.
post #143 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
White walls are rather practical for background.

I have slowly but surely been "undoing" all of the bright colors that we originally painted on the walls throughout our house. Back to all-white, the perfect background as you say.
post #144 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
White walls are rather practical for background.

You bought the tortoise lamp?

If you did pay that much, you really should update the quality of the rest of the place.
post #145 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist View Post
You bought the tortoise lamp? If you did pay that much, you really should update the quality of the rest of the place.
No, it's another tortu lamp. The quality is fine though I daresay I should cull a lot of my stuff. I have an huge amount of books stacked about, and also assorted decorative items.
post #146 of 1897
I want a luxe East German Modernist look. Inspired by the Iammatt, I am considering the Pistillo lamp: It reminds me of the late Palast der Republik in former East Berlin.
post #147 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
White walls are rather practical for background.

Not allowed to paint the white walls in your apartment are you?
post #148 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I want a luxe East German Modernist look.

Inspired by the Iammatt, I am considering the Pistillo lamp:


I think it looks great with small framed artwork and white walls. It is in its element. Here is ours next to a small drawing:

post #149 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I think it looks great with small framed artwork and white walls. It is in its element. Here is ours next to a small drawing:

The Invisible One?
post #150 of 1897
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
The Invisible One?
You can't see it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes