or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes - Page 86

post #1276 of 1906
Beautiful space, no doubt. Bit too much gray, IMO.
post #1277 of 1906
Nice, lefty. My bedroom is gray like that ... works for me.
post #1278 of 1906
The light grey in the bedroom sucks. The rest of the house is gorgeous.
post #1279 of 1906
You guys are hilarious - even if the grey paint isn't ideal, compare this place to the stuff posted in this thread over the last few pages. Forest for the trees...
post #1280 of 1906
That house and apartment are the next level. I have never seen property developer (in USA) making anything close to it in style. Absolutely awesome. How much is the asking price for this place???
post #1281 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You guys are hilarious - even if the grey paint isn't ideal, compare this place to the stuff posted in this thread over the last few pages. Forest for the trees...

Yeah, like I said, the place is beautiful. But come on, every single room is gray. Most of it is the same shade. The color is boring.
post #1282 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You guys are hilarious - even if the grey paint isn't ideal, compare this place to the stuff posted in this thread over the last few pages. Forest for the trees...

To be fair to the posters of lesser means...this isn't the "Post links to awesome baller places you live in/are considering living in" thread.

This thread works equally well when you can see "oh, that is Metro's studio" or "I can't believe anyone anyone can actually live in tagut's place"
post #1283 of 1906
I actually didn't need to see either of the troll posts you mentioned. It's a matter of taste, not means, and people should post what they're interested in or proud of. We are here to give advice and to be inspired or intrigued. I actually might use some ideas from gdl or matt's kitchens, and someone might use something from mine, or we might give each other suggestions, or point out that a paint job makes the home look like a bus depot. But what do you do with a messy dorm room, or a dull 1 bedroom that doesn't have a single concealed belonging and all ikea furniture? What does posting something like that do aside from affirming the real life existence and laziness of the poster?
post #1284 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
The light grey in the bedroom sucks. The rest of the house is gorgeous.
All the rooms are the same grey. Agents take shitty pictures here and don't compensate for the differences in light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You guys are hilarious - even if the grey paint isn't ideal, compare this place to the stuff posted in this thread over the last few pages. Forest for the trees...
No shit. Again, these pics don't even come close to representing this place. It was ballsy of this guy do the entire building this way as many people will walk in and and reject it outright. Particularly ballsy to do the trim in a darker grey - most would do white against the grey walls. Sweet guy as well. One thing I would change is the outlet plates. I would have them painted the same colour as the walls or fabricate a grey steel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxaddict73 View Post
That house and apartment are the next level. I have never seen property developer (in USA) making anything close to it in style. Absolutely awesome. How much is the asking price for this place???
Much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Yeah, like I said, the place is beautiful. But come on, every single room is gray. Most of it is the same shade. The color is boring.
All the same shade, but for one room that he painted off-white. It looks tepid by comparison. What you guys are missing is that while this is a bold choice it is also a neutral colour in that almost every type of furniture works here - post modern, no problem; rococo, you bet; asian primitive, why not? Scale would be an issue for some, but I have big furniture and big art and would love to use this place as a background. The stove weighs 1200 lbs and was craned in. Figured you'd appreciate that alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
To be fair to the posters of lesser means...this isn't the "Post links to awesome baller places you live in/are considering living in" thread.
I did make a low-ball offer. Rejected. Don't blame him, I would hold out for asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
I actually didn't need to see either of the troll posts you mentioned. It's a matter of taste, not means, and people should post what they're interested in or proud of. We are here to give advice and to be inspired or intrigued. I actually might use some ideas from gdl or matt's kitchens, and someone might use something from mine, or we might give each other suggestions, or point out that a paint job makes the home look like a bus depot. But what do you do with a messy dorm room, or a dull 1 bedroom that doesn't have a single concealed belonging and all ikea furniture? What does posting something like that do aside from affirming the real life existence and laziness of the poster?
My wife snagged the dark grey colour and is going to lacquer some teak bedside tables that I hate and wanted to pitch so it was inspiring if nothing else. lefty
post #1285 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfurey View Post
Please link me a place.

For $1400, I only get a 1 bdrm 900 sq/ft in a nice neighborhood here...

I wasn't saying your place costs 1400 a month GDL, my bad for not seperating them. Pfurey I live in The Bahamas
post #1286 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post



This is the most depressing photo I've ever seen.
post #1287 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
This is the most depressing photo I've ever seen.
Its now filled with depressing furniture, depressing boxes, and a formerly depressed guy. How's that for karma!
post #1288 of 1906
I'd survive 2 or 3 hours in that room before crying. Get out of there ASAP.
post #1289 of 1906
I love that place man, it's beautiful. I really like the wall and trim colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
All the rooms are the same grey. Agents take shitty pictures here and don't compensate for the differences in light.



No shit. Again, these pics don't even come close to representing this place. It was ballsy of this guy do the entire building this way as many people will walk in and and reject it outright. Particularly ballsy to do the trim in a darker grey - most would do white against the grey walls. Sweet guy as well.

One thing I would change is the outlet plates. I would have them painted the same colour as the walls or fabricate a grey steel.



Much.



All the same shade, but for one room that he painted off-white. It looks tepid by comparison. What you guys are missing is that while this is a bold choice it is also a neutral colour in that almost every type of furniture works here - post modern, no problem; rococo, you bet; asian primitive, why not? Scale would be an issue for some, but I have big furniture and big art and would love to use this place as a background.

The stove weighs 1200 lbs and was craned in. Figured you'd appreciate that alone.



I did make a low-ball offer. Rejected. Don't blame him, I would hold out for asking.



My wife snagged the dark grey colour and is going to lacquer some teak bedside tables that I hate and wanted to pitch so it was inspiring if nothing else.

lefty
post #1290 of 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
I'd survive 2 or 3 hours in that room before crying. Get out of there ASAP.
I don't plan on spending much time in there if I can help it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes