or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Hazing in Greek Life
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hazing in Greek Life - Page 10

post #136 of 223
On the list of homoerotic things fraternities do, spanking with a paddle is pretty low.
post #137 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
Honestly, I've never heard of genuine spanking. I know pledges who were just hit in general with the paddle, don't get me wrong, but no one literally bent over in front of a brother and took off his pants.
I did. It sucked.
post #138 of 223
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I did. It sucked.

Did you have to elephant walk.
post #139 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
Did you have to elephant walk.

I have a high tolerance for shit, but this would be my limit.
post #140 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post
I have a high tolerance for shit, but this would be my limit.
+1 I've been jumped in, I've drank absurd amounts of alcohol, stolen dorm signs, stolen road signs, been kidnapped, groded, bulldogged, dressed in drag etc but elephant walk is out of the question.
post #141 of 223
In my experience, the rumors alway far outreache reality. While I was an undergrad I heard rumors involving cocaine about all four fraternity houses on campus including my own. You'd think college kids would learn to think for themselves.
post #142 of 223
One of my oldest and closest friends has his fraternity letters branded on his arm. As I recall, he was president of the fraternity. I thought enduring the branding seemed like a rather macho thing to have done. If I remember aright, he told me he was fairly well anesthetized with booze before the branding.

Interesting that branding is popular in African-American fraternities, given that cicatrization is a popular form of self-adorned in many African tribal cultures.

My aforementioned pal is of predominantly Welsh ancestry, thus not African-American. At prep school he had a big Confederate battle flag on the wall of his room. One fellow, whose antecedents were in the Union Army, took exception to it, pulled a big clasp knife from his pocket and from clear across the room threw it and nailed the rebel flag dead center in the "X." It was quite an impressive performance.
post #143 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
You said that I was justifying stupid shit and I'm sure in hindsight 10-20 years down the line I'll probably think most of it was kinda dumb too. However, are the crazy shit, close calls, great stories, and fun honestly different? That's not a rhetorical question too.
They're fun when I think about it or talk about it with other fraternity types and some friends. I wouldn't be surprised if I told some other people and they looked at me like I was a dumbass. A few names of some stuff we did: Taco Night (last night or two of rush), High P (crazy), butt dog (disgusting but easy as long as you don't run into a door post), PT, eating and drinking, dressing up as women (don't ask), kidnapping sorority girls to fuck with them, breaking into sorority girls houses and stealing shit (panty raids), fake brandings (basically have a pledge sit next to a bonfire with a red hot brand, tell them to drop trou and bend over to get branded it's a trick though and everyone laughs except the pledge). One story I will tell since I wasn't a pledge but was the most hated brother for my reputation: On a tuesday night while studying for an exam I was "kidnapped" by the pledges. Taken into a shed, tied to a chair and force fed [with beer bongs] mad dog 20/20 and beer for a long time (maybe 30 minutes). Wasted off my ass now, blind folded and tied up driven to the middle of nowhere, guided into a forest and tied to a tree to be left to my defences. After they leave I wait a few minutes, escape, stumble (blind drunk now) to the lonely highway and flag down a cop car. Asking no serious questions though I looked like a victim of a hate crime, he drives me back to my fraternity house. I pass out, miss my test (which was 30% percent of my grade) but was able to make it up and got an A. Ah, Junior year in the boonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
I still can't listen to Enter Sandman without looking around in terror.
I always think of a particularly traumatizing (yet ultimately rewarding) ordeal anytime I hear this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ
post #144 of 223
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
They're fun when I think about it or talk about it with other fraternity types and some friends. I wouldn't be surprised if I told some other people and they looked at me like I was a dumbass. A few names of some stuff we did: Taco Night (last night or two of rush), High P (crazy), butt dog (disgusting but easy as long as you don't run into a door post), PT, eating and drinking, dressing up as women (don't ask), kidnapping sorority girls to fuck with them, breaking into sorority girls houses and stealing shit (panty raids), fake brandings (basically have a pledge sit next to a bonfire with a red hot brand, tell them to drop trou and bend over to get branded it's a trick though and everyone laughs except the pledge).

One story I will tell since I wasn't a pledge but was the most hated brother for my reputation: On a tuesday night while studying for an exam I was "kidnapped" by the pledges. Taken into a shed, tied to a chair and force fed [with beer bongs] mad dog 20/20 and beer for a long time (maybe 30 minutes). Wasted off my ass now, blind folded and tied up driven to the middle of nowhere, guided into a forest and tied to a tree to be left to my defences. After they leave I wait a few minutes, escape, stumble (blind drunk now) to the lonely highway and flag down a cop car. Asking no serious questions though I looked like a victim of a hate crime, he drives me back to my fraternity house. I pass out, miss my test (which was 30% percent of my grade) but was able to make it up and got an A.

Ah, Junior year in the boonies.



I always think of a particularly traumatizing (yet ultimately rewarding) ordeal anytime I hear this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

The last generation of Greeks at Western Kentucky would tell their pledges to each sand a 2x4 until sundown during which the brothers would beat them with it until they break. They were so furiously sanding them some of their hands were bleeding. The brothers took them by a tree and as the first pledge was about to be beaten, the brother broke it on the tree laughed and they all walked away. A previous poster said, and it's true, the best pledgeship is mental.
post #145 of 223
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
My aforementioned pal is of predominantly Welsh ancestry, thus not African-American. At prep school he had a big Confederate battle flag on the wall of his room. One fellow, whose antecedents were in the Union Army, took exception to it, pulled a big clasp knife from his pocket and from clear across the room threw it and nailed the rebel flag dead center in the "X." It was quite an impressive performance.
Thought not a Kappa Alpha Order member, there's not much more invigorating than hearing the chant: *edited chant offensive to many members*
post #146 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
The last generation of Greeks at Western Kentucky would tell their pledges to each sand a 2x4 until sundown during which the brothers would beat them with it until they break. They were so furiously sanding them some of their hands were bleeding. The brothers took them by a tree and as the first pledge was about to be beaten, the brother broke it on the tree laughed and they all walked away. A previous poster said, and it's true, the best pledgeship is mental.
I think hazing is a lazy tool that is used to create certain positive benefits which can be achieved through other means.
post #147 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
Thought not a Kappa Alpha Order member, there's not much more invigorating than hearing the chant:

ONE TWO THREE ROBERT E LEE
THREE TWO ONE THE SOUTH SHOULD HAVE WON
Wheat, barley, alfalfa, give'em hell Kappa Alpha.
Wheat, barley hay, give'em hell KA!

The lionization of Robert E. Lee as anything more than a treasonous bastard who tried to destroy the Union is one of the great tragedies of American history.
post #148 of 223
nvm
post #149 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
Thought not a Kappa Alpha Order member, there's not much more invigorating than hearing the chant: ONE TWO THREE ROBERT E LEE THREE TWO ONE THE SOUTH SHOULD HAVE WON Wheat, barley, alfalfa, give'em hell Kappa Alpha. Wheat, barley hay, give'em hell KA!
what the fuck is wrong with you? you are like the culmination of everything that is wrong with preppy white frat culture.
post #150 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
what the fuck is wrong with you?
^^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Hazing in Greek Life