or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor – PLUS - Finished Navy Summer Jacket Pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor – PLUS - Finished Navy Summer Jacket Pics - Page 3

post #31 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolal View Post

Do you have a photograph of the back like this but with your arms resting at your side?

- M
post #32 of 106
Beautiful jacket. Can I mention you if I drop by Mr Lim's shop?

Also, am I right in assuming this Brisa cloth was some private deal for that other forum and isn't available anymore?
post #33 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkn View Post
Do you have a photograph of the back like this but with your arms resting at your side?

- M

Hi mmkn, sorry none that turned out well. I was using a timer and had trouble staying still at the right moment. I'll try and take another shot sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLA View Post
Beautiful jacket. Can I mention you if I drop by Mr Lim's shop?

Also, am I right in assuming this Brisa cloth was some private deal for that other forum and isn't available anymore?

Thanks a lot :-) Feel free to mention me to Sunny or Richard. Just say it's Alex who has been taking pictures for the forum post. They'll know who it is!

The Brisa was a private deal via the London Lounge. But if you email Michael Alden, he does have some Brisa remaining. In particular, there should be extra navy Brisa available.
post #34 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkn View Post
Do you have a photograph of the back like this but with your arms resting at your side?

- M

Here's a shot I just took this morning. Please ignore the green cords

There are a few things I'm going to ask Richard to tweak i.e. armhole size and some pulling along the shoulder blades.


Edited by coolal - 12/7/11 at 6:39pm
post #35 of 106
Just stumbled upon this thread. Nice work. It's quite incredible considering the price he charges. And considering his personality and your experience, it sounds great. I love the blunted corners. I would have gone for a diferent lapel style but it's unique and interesting. I find it hilarious that everyone is wearing super baggy (what seems like) OTR shirts.
post #36 of 106
Awesome review.

Any chance you could post pics of the other pieces he has made for you?

I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Thanks!
post #37 of 106
Very, Very, nice and distinctive. It undoudtedly
reflects your own sensibility. Where is Lim in LA?
I'll be there in July.
post #38 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. Nice work. It's quite incredible considering the price he charges. And considering his personality and your experience, it sounds great. I love the blunted corners. I would have gone for a diferent lapel style but it's unique and interesting. I find it hilarious that everyone is wearing super baggy (what seems like) OTR shirts.
I'm glad you appreciate the details! Yes, it's always interesting to see what a tailor wears, and how far it can sometime deviate from iGent ideals
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerP View Post
Awesome review. Any chance you could post pics of the other pieces he has made for you? I'm sure others would be interested as well. Thanks!
I'll take some pics of the final version of my first and second jacket when I get a chance. Here are links to the threads I started for each commission: My first jacket order. Also ordered a shirt, but Freddy Vandecasteele is my guy now: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=97396 My second jacket order. First experimental notch design (precursor to this design): http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=133441 First pair of trousers: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=225341
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
Very, Very, nice and distinctive. It undoudtedly reflects your own sensibility. Where is Lim in LA? I'll be there in July.
Thanks again, here's Richard Lim's contact info: Phone: 213.383.3333 E-mail: richardlimtailor@yahoo.com Address: 2974 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Korea Town, between Vermont and Hoover) His assistant, Sunny, is the one who answers emails and usually picks up the phone.
post #39 of 106
Thread Starter 
Just snapped some new pics of my first and second order from Richard Lim. I'm also wearing my new Freddy V. shirts, that were posted in "Folded Up Shirt Porn" http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2727

My first jacket order. Freddy V white linen / cotton shirt



My second jacket order. Freddy V blue linen sport collar shirt

post #40 of 106
I like the 2nd one better - the sleeves hang cleaner the buttoning point seems to high in #1. Also, there seems to be an issue with rippling below your back collar. Did you make adjustments in the patterns between each commission?
post #41 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I like the 2nd one better - the sleeves hang cleaner the buttoning point seems to high in #1. Also, there seems to be an issue with rippling below your back collar. Did you make adjustments in the patterns between each commission?

My preference is for the second one as well. The first jacket is now a "bar jacket" that I don't have to worry about too much.

The patterns have been tweaked between each commission. I believe that the third is now the best fit. That said, the pulling between the shoulder blades is an issue that keeps popping up. I think it has to do a bit with my posture being a bit too perfect when I get measured or try on the jacket; in use I hunch a bit more.

BTW, you may notice that the armholes are much higher on these jackets than the summer jacket. I'm still not convinced I want the same close fit for a summer garment.

I believe the fourth commission will be the one that comes out closest to "perfect". I've been hesitant to tweak these pieces too much.
post #42 of 106
Dig Mr. Lim's triple pleated pants.
post #43 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolal View Post
My preference is for the second one as well. The first jacket is now a "bar jacket" that I don't have to worry about too much.

The patterns have been tweaked between each commission. I believe that the third is now the best fit. That said, the pulling between the shoulder blades is an issue that keeps popping up. I think it has to do a bit with my posture being a bit too perfect when I get measured or try on the jacket; in use I hunch a bit more.

BTW, you may notice that the armholes are much higher on these jackets than the summer jacket. I'm still not convinced I want the same close fit for a summer garment.

I believe the fourth commission will be the one that comes out closest to "perfect". I've been hesitant to tweak these pieces too much.

Just need to shorten the back at top, will pull the vents up as well so they lie flat. You said the jackets were fully canvassed? Difficult to tell from the picture they very well might be, but it looks to me like they used fusing.
post #44 of 106
Thank you for sharing. I know that these kinds of threads take a lot of time and effort to start and continue. You are a true gentleman to do both. I applaud also your decisions to break away from the pack and develop your own personal brand. PGuido has done that to very good advantage. Thanks again.
post #45 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYstyle View Post
Just need to shorten the back at top, will pull the vents up as well so they lie flat. You said the jackets were fully canvassed? Difficult to tell from the picture they very well might be, but it looks to me like they used fusing.

Coolal goes to all this trouble to take all these photos and do a very detailed write-up, and all you can do is shit on him. So classy.

To Coolal: The jackets are beautiful I Richard Kim is now at the top of my to-do list. Thanks for one of the best posts I've seen on here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor – PLUS - Finished Navy Summer Jacket Pics