• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share some SF History

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been perusing through the pages of SF and have noticed 3 things.

1. Many members have been banned, most notably bigbris1 with over 7k posts and one dude jovan who is "banned for good."

2. A lot of intersting custom titles out there, which I just learned are not chosen by the member but are bestowed upon them by the forvm at large.

3. References to some odd stories, like pictures of many prominent SF'ers together in funeral garb the famous "I cheated with my maid & got busted on SF please delete my posts" story and some heavy fueds.

So I ask all you SF history buffs, IC dwellers and old timers. Please be gereous with this n00b, sit him on your lap by the fireplace and share some of these stories from the days back when SF had a crooked halo on its head. Why did these posters get banned? What is the sory behind such custom titles as "Sean Penn's Mexican lovechild" and "Franchoulliard Modasse" amongst others. Do you have any other interesting SF antecdotes, if so please share. Pass on the knowledge so it is not lost to the future generations.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well...first of all, back in the day custom titles could be chosen by the member, but this was before my time. Fuuuuma used to be "Masta Killah" and Ken might still be "Banned by Request"

teacha.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
1) bris is still here under another name. He got banned over some nonsense in B&S that he wouldn't let go. jovan was kind of whiney and finally just pissed off the mods one last time. He asked to be banned, then unbanned, at least twice. There was also the matter of a very embarassing photo.

2) custom titles are generated and granted by the mods and always have been.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
before there was dt, there was vanity. and before you got foof'd, you got pidal'd.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
But not starting this duplicate thread would have slowed OP's progress toward his goal of having his threads started count increase at the same ridiculous rate as his post count.

i have no goals in this matter. i do not start threads just for the sake of increasing my "threads started count." i start one for the same reason anyone else does. i honestly didnt recall that thread. a long time and very well regarded member actually reccomended to me that i start this thread after a discussion we had the other day. sorry that i irk you man.

you can always just share a story btw once you were poasting here anyway. like this one

Originally Posted by texas_jack
When I reached 1000 posts I asked J to give me a cool title. Instead I had my post count permanentely set to 0,000

i always wondered about this thanks. what about redcaimen stuck at 2,000?

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
(...)i always wondered about this thanks. what about redcaimen stuck at 2,000?
redcaimen is the only member (of which I'm aware) to have the ability to move and edit the same post. He can move his posts between topics, between sub-fora, infact I wouldn't be surprised if he could move his posts between SF and purseforvm. He is not actually stuck at 2,000, but rather he takes his 2,000th post and edit/moves it around, depending on his purposes. Kind of like congress and budgeting prestidigitation.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
before there was dt, there was vanity. and before you got foof'd, you got pidal'd.

Josepidal: forgotten, but not gone. Okay, that's mean. I liked him.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
redcaimen is the only member (of which I'm aware) to have the ability to move and edit the same post. He can move his posts between topics, between sub-fora, infact I wouldn't be surprised if he could move his posts between SF and purseforvm. He is not actually stuck at 2,000, but rather he takes his 2,000th post and edit/moves it around, depending on his purposes. Kind of like congress and budgeting prestidigitation.

That is some jedi-level **** there.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Josepidal: forgotten, but not gone. Okay, that's mean. I liked him.

Sample JosePidal thread titles:

Going to dinner tonight - should I wear grey pants or charcoal?
What should I wear to lunch today?
I have a dried piece of mucuous in my nose. Should I remove it digitally or try to blow it out?
Are Allen Edmonds too casual for job interviews?
How should I breathe? Is through the nose better than the mouth?
How should I lace my shoes?
I have a fleshy appendage dangling from my midsection, what should I do with it?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Sample JosePidal thread titles:

Going to dinner tonight - should I wear grey pants or charcoal?
What should I wear to lunch today?
I have a dried piece of mucuous in my nose. Should I remove it digitally or try to blow it out?
Are Allen Edmonds too casual for job interviews?
How should I breathe? Is through the nose better than the mouth?
How should I lace my shoes?
I have a fleshy appendage dangling from my midsection, what should I do with it?

I can tell these are all made up because none of them have "lawyer in a tropical country" in the title.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads