Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 522

post #7816 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

BB messed up my order and sent me a wrong shirt. So, I called them and they sent me the correct shirt at no charge... nod[1].gif

A lot of stuff isn't appearing on the site, but still pop up as available in my wish list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post


eek. I have yet to open the box. must check

I got my order of shirts in today, got 7 out of 8. @zissou you are a BB2 right? Any chance you got an extra white oxford? Ended up getting a striped one though tag and bag both say it's white haha
post #7817 of 8454

One of the items I ordered sold out, so if one of you could kindly return your grey tipped BF sweater in BB2, that would be great.

post #7818 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


I got my order of shirts in today, got 7 out of 8. @zissou you are a BB2 right? Any chance you got an extra white oxford? Ended up getting a striped one though tag and bag both say it's white haha
Yeah, I'm a BB2. The white Oxford was the one missing from my order, too. I wound up with a red and white stripe shirt :\ But, when I called them, a white Oxford popped back in stock, so I got it. One has come back in stock a few times lately, so just keep an eye on your wish list.

All of the other ones I got are Supima, and so nice in person.
post #7819 of 8454
Hey guys,

Thinking of buy the artisanal shirts. But the sizes are 15 32/33 or 15 34/35. Why two numbers? Are the sleeves 32 or 33 inches for example?

Thanks!
post #7820 of 8454
Just got an email from BB Corporate (I'm an admin at my company for our BB corporate account), that May 18 is a 30% corporate day.
post #7821 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Thinking of buy the artisanal shirts. But the sizes are 15 32/33 or 15 34/35. Why two numbers? Are the sleeves 32 or 33 inches for example?

Thanks!
cost-effective way of services the masses. You capture those with 32 & 33 inch sleeves with one shirt. From the rumors I've read, that's what the 2 button stances are for on the cuffs.
post #7822 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Thinking of buy the artisanal shirts. But the sizes are 15 32/33 or 15 34/35. Why two numbers? Are the sleeves 32 or 33 inches for example?

Thanks!
When there are two numbers it usually means there are two buttons on the sleeve, so you can adjust to hug your wrist if you need it shorter or leave it on the loose button if you need it longer.
post #7823 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


When there are two numbers it usually means there are two buttons on the sleeve, so you can adjust to hug your wrist if you need it shorter or leave it on the loose button if you need it longer.

 

I can't imagine that alone making a difference of a full inch in the sleeve length.

 

To me it seems more likely that the alternate numbers are just allowances for manufacturing variance once you have a bunch of suppliers across multiple countries.

post #7824 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

I can't imagine that alone making a difference of a full inch in the sleeve length.

To me it seems more likely that the alternate numbers are just allowances for manufacturing variance once you have a bunch of suppliers across multiple countries.
This is not specific to Brooks Brothers. Other manufacturers do this also.
post #7825 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

Just got an email from BB Corporate (I'm an admin at my company for our BB corporate account), that May 18 is a 30% corporate day.

Im gonna buy a pocket square AND use my $20 bb gift card from that survey!
And get the brooks storm single breasted rain coat...
Edited by HealthActuary - 4/27/16 at 9:10pm
post #7826 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

Just got an email from BB Corporate (I'm an admin at my company for our BB corporate account), that May 18 is a 30% corporate day.

 

post #7827 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

Just got an email from BB Corporate (I'm an admin at my company for our BB corporate account), that May 18 is a 30% corporate day.

Buy gift cards by May 8 through brooks brothers website for an additional ~15% off. $150 gets you additonal $25.
post #7828 of 8454

Is the new Oxford Cloth Buttondown worth it over the discontinued ones with the pockets?

http://www.gq.com/story/brooks-brothers-new-oxford-button-down-release

 

The older ones are on clearance at $79.50 when combined with promo code SP16LC (25% off sitewide, ends May 1) and the cashstar gift card promo (Buy $150, get $25, roughly $14% off), have a final price of $51.30 each (before tax).

 

The newer ones at the retail of $140 when combined with the 30% off 4 shirts or more and the above codes / gift cards, have a final price of $63.20 each (before tax).

 

Pocket of the older model is useful when worn without a jacket; adds visual interest, useful for a small notepad, sunglasses.

 

No pocket of newer one has cleaner aesthetic under jackets.

 

Should I stock up on the discontinued ones or accept the new OCBDs as part of my wardrobe?

post #7829 of 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Is the new Oxford Cloth Buttondown worth it over the discontinued ones with the pockets?
http://www.gq.com/story/brooks-brothers-new-oxford-button-down-release

The older ones are on clearance at $79.50 when combined with promo code SP16LC (25% off sitewide, ends May 1) and the cashstar gift card promo (Buy $150, get $25, roughly $14% off), have a final price of $51.30 each (before tax).

The newer ones at the retail of $140 when combined with the 30% off 4 shirts or more and the above codes / gift cards, have a final price of $63.20 each (before tax).

Pocket of the older model is useful when worn without a jacket; adds visual interest, useful for a small notepad, sunglasses.

No pocket of newer one has cleaner aesthetic under jackets.

Should I stock up on the discontinued ones or accept the new OCBDs as part of my wardrobe?

There are very few things that are a value at full retail, especially a cotton shirt that really doesn't warrant the price in the first place. That said, like with anything in retail, if you can get the shirts on sale it makes the value proposition much better/justifiable.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $75 for an OCBD.
post #7830 of 8454

Today, while in my local BB, an associate mentioned that a 25% off sale on suits starts tomorrow (5/2).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?