or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 500

post #7486 of 8281
I've ordered stuff in-store before, & they've shipped for free.
post #7487 of 8281
What are people buying? Looks like shoes are discounted, but not 40% on most and lots of Cordovan not discounted.
post #7488 of 8281
FYI eBates had 8% cash back on brooks brothers today
post #7489 of 8281
Very very weak sale. I remember back in 2010 or so the after Xmas sale was: 30% off ties and accessories, 40% off pants, 40% off shirts etc.

What the heck is this? Buy FOUR ties to get 40% off. I do not see straight 40% off anything.
post #7490 of 8281
Looks like the cheapest time to buy dress shirts as long as you are willing to buy 4.

I bought 4 OCBDs for $199 during the recent sale on Nov 27th. Today you can get the same for $192.27. If you also use the gift card promotion ($175 for $150) then you'd be spending about $165.
post #7491 of 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

FYI eBates had 8% cash back on brooks brothers today

Hi sjmin, where do you see ebates has 8% today? it shown 2.5% at the site.
post #7492 of 8281
Shows 8% for me
post #7493 of 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Very very weak sale. I remember back in 2010 or so the after Xmas sale was: 30% off ties and accessories, 40% off pants, 40% off shirts etc.

What the heck is this? Buy FOUR ties to get 40% off. I do not see straight 40% off anything.

I stocked up on socks...I'm cool with effectively paying under $11 per pair of socks with the 40% (buy 6), 15% (kicker), 14% (gift card)...14 pairs for $150

These are made in England with 90% merino wool content and have held up well for me (line dry). Only issue with these is the navy is a very very dark navy, so they won't look good with a medium navy suit. The also make an OTC version.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Merino-Wool-Golden-Fleece®-Sized-Crew-Socks/001D________NV___11_______,default,pd.html?cmp=ppc_us_GG_pla_Men%27sUnderwear&Socks&gclid=CjwKEAiA7_OzBRDA8OfT3orp51oSJACVqslIBOrT6HqB-gpRbA-BoBIY5Nuo7kuBbFpA4rdkuBAT2BoC3bLw_wcB

I'm considering trying the sea island cotton shirts with the 40% + 15% + 14%....anyone have any experience with the herringbone?
post #7494 of 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Shows 8% for me
I also see 8% on ebates and Mr. Rebates. Something called Splender is giving 12% according to Cashbackmonitor.
post #7495 of 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

I also see 8% on ebates and Mr. Rebates. Something called Splender is giving 12% according to Cashbackmonitor.

I guess we are getting off topic here, but I have good experiences with both Mr Rebat** and Ebat**. Befrugal is annoying and I don't recommend them- they make you call in to confirm your payment. I actually tried Splender last week so I don't really have any experience with them but I would suggest sticking to Ebat** and Mr Rebat**. Mr rebat** is nice because you get extra cash back for those who you referred. I had my wife refer me, so she's making a few extra $ every time I make a purchase.
post #7496 of 8281
Pretty disappointed at this sale too. I post-Xmas sale is the best time to buy suits? Not even discounted this year. frown.gif
post #7497 of 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

I guess we are getting off topic here, but I have good experiences with both Mr Rebat** and Ebat**. Befrugal is annoying and I don't recommend them- they make you call in to confirm your payment. I actually tried Splender last week so I don't really have any experience with them but I would suggest sticking to Ebat** and Mr Rebat**. Mr rebat** is nice because you get extra cash back for those who you referred. I had my wife refer me, so she's making a few extra $ every time I make a purchase.
I've had good experience with Mr. Rebat** and Ebat** too.
post #7498 of 8281
I bought the pebble chukkas. Was 30% off with 15% kicker. Plus I bought the gift certificates so there was some additional savings there. Hope they're what I'm looking for. Anyone know what C&J quality they are? Somewhere between bench and hand grade?
post #7499 of 8281

Just an FYI.  When I was at a Brooks Brothers store this morning, the 25% off for buying two or more ties was not coming up automatically at the cash register.  I looked at the bill and only saw the 15% discount for today and tomorrow, so the cashier had to manually add the 25% discount for the two ties I was buying.  The discount was coming up for the shirts, just not the ties.

post #7500 of 8281
What a joke of a sale. I'm pissed I even bothered waiting. I would have bought 4 shirts, maybe, if they had MIUSA OCBDs in my size in enough colors that I'd want, but all I can get is blue and blue university stripe. I was thinking of buying two plain white shirts just for filler, but F that. If they're going to the inflated MSRP, constant sale model, that 15% kicker just isn't enough incentive for me.

Hell, I'd rather have a broad "spend $150/200, get 40% off" so I could get the 40% on 2 shirts and 2 ties instead of them forcing me to either buy nothing or buy shit I don't really want. (I get it... that's the point of the sale. Force people into buying shit they wouldn't buy otherwise, but it's bullshit.)

Shitty inventory. Shitty discounts. Shitty sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?