^ I've noticed that with casual clothing as well. Perhaps the same manufacturers are making things for multiple brands, and they have decided to do away with the hassle of figuring out which brand requires instructions in which language!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 407
Styleforum Top Picks
Something I specifically noticed with the last batch of BB shirts I got but has really become a pretty common and absurd trend with a lot of brands:
It seems like clothing manufacturers have really gone overboard with care tags and labels. On the latest OCBD shirts, there were three different nylon labels sewn inside the bottom of the shirt placket, on top of each other. Seems like it was just a dozen different translations of the same care instruction that's on the bottom front placket. It got to the point that I finally had to cut them off with scissors… I iron all of my shirts dry and the excess labels were becoming a major annoyance.
Does anyone know the reason for these care labels getting so out of hand? In some instances they are in excess of 3 to 4 inches.
Mine always ships the next day (I use Shoprunner - not sure if that would make a difference). The only time it doesn't ship immediately is when I order something from the new season that is not yet in stock. For example, I've been waiting for a pocket square to ship since July, but everything else in that order was shipped the next day. Does what you ordered have a red expected shipping date on the listing for it? (You can see what I'm talking about where it says "1 unit(s) expected to ship on 9/13/14" on these socks: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Stretch-Merino-Block-Stripe-Crew-Socks/MB00479_____BRWN_ONE__SIZE,default,pd.html)
It sometimes takes longer after a sale weekend, they'd have a lot of orders to ship.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › concerts 6 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 52 seconds ago
- › TV>>>Chelsea vs FC Schalke 04 Live stream UEFA Champions League 2014 53 seconds ago
- › TV%%Bayern Mun vs Man City live Streaming Online 1 minute ago
- › TV>>>FC Porto vs BATE Borisov Live stream UEFA Champions League 2014 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › TV>>>Blackburn vs Derby Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)