When does the semi annual sale start?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 399
Styleforum Top Picks
Any watch people in this thread? BB's offerings are currently 30% off. I love the look of this one (made by Seiko):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good value for $500?
Think you're better off spending the $500 elsewhere or getting the Seiko equivalent of the watch. You could probably find something similar to it for <$100.
in case anyone missed it the Black Fleece is still available at less 30%.
that's still overpriced by about 20%
I just want one of those damn 40% off coupons for people that haven't shipped there in a while. Was looking to get a suit, but I can get 30% off at the corporate sale (4x year). With this, corporate sales and after Christmas you can get 6 big sales a year. What are they thinking?
sales selections are rather limited, and outside of these fora, you'd be surprised how many people decide to buy clothes on a whim rather than sit tight and wait for the biggest discount possible. That's how I bought my first BB suit, full-price, yet with a not-so perfect fit :( . I now regret that purchase every other time I look in my closet, yet can't get myself to ebay it for pennies on the dollar.
I own a couple of BB madders, but mine are a few years old (bought last summer at the outlets). Same pricepoint, and not obviously different to the last ones I checked out at a retail Brooks.
They're nice. The heavy silk, fairly thick interlining, and chalky texture mean that they can be slightly tricky to knot, but a couple tries always gets it right for me. The current ones may be a touch narrower than mine, which might make that a tiny bit easier -- and make them less likely to tie rather large knots.
I don't see that they're made much better than the standard BB ties -- the lining is sewn in there pretty well, there's a slip-stitch, and they have a self-fabric keeper in addition to the label. I think the price difference is just due to the material itself, and possibly the interlining.
If you pull aside the interlining (tricky, delicate, and a bad idea -- not that it trashed mine, but I suspect it could have), you'll see that the silk is a plain color on the back, which I understand is a sign that they're inkjet printed.
Here's a few of mine (I must really like that square):
Very nice jacket in this pic. Care to offer details?
Seems to be the new norm, at least with the slightly less-expensive than BB retailers. Maybe they were feeling the heat (I couldn't see myself ever paying full price at BB, anyway . . . certainly seems overpriced to me).
Finally showed up, and while that Donegal is a lovely shirt, it was a nightmare for me; the speckling actually made it worse.
Still haven't seen the new store in Toronto, but I may try to check it out on Friday when the semi-annual starts. Either way, I'm still very encouraged by BB's continued expansion up here, and by their commitment to not gouging the bejesus out of us.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › Hey do you wanna watch Radio Music Awards live stream? 1 minute ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 2 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...