Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 399post #5971 of 80106/16/14 at 7:53ampost #5972 of 80106/16/14 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
Any watch people in this thread? BB's offerings are currently 30% off. I love the look of this one (made by Seiko):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good value for $500?
Think you're better off spending the $500 elsewhere or getting the Seiko equivalent of the watch. You could probably find something similar to it for <$100.post #5973 of 80106/16/14 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
in case anyone missed it the Black Fleece is still available at less 30%.
that's still overpriced by about 20%post #5974 of 80106/17/14 at 1:32pmpost #5975 of 80106/17/14 at 1:43pmpost #5976 of 80106/17/14 at 7:58pmpost #5977 of 80106/17/14 at 8:03pmpost #5978 of 80106/17/14 at 8:27pmpost #5979 of 80106/18/14 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Jmm722
I just want one of those damn 40% off coupons for people that haven't shipped there in a while. Was looking to get a suit, but I can get 30% off at the corporate sale (4x year). With this, corporate sales and after Christmas you can get 6 big sales a year. What are they thinking?
sales selections are rather limited, and outside of these fora, you'd be surprised how many people decide to buy clothes on a whim rather than sit tight and wait for the biggest discount possible. That's how I bought my first BB suit, full-price, yet with a not-so perfect fit :( . I now regret that purchase every other time I look in my closet, yet can't get myself to ebay it for pennies on the dollar.post #5980 of 80106/18/14 at 4:42ampost #5981 of 80106/18/14 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
I own a couple of BB madders, but mine are a few years old (bought last summer at the outlets). Same pricepoint, and not obviously different to the last ones I checked out at a retail Brooks.
They're nice. The heavy silk, fairly thick interlining, and chalky texture mean that they can be slightly tricky to knot, but a couple tries always gets it right for me. The current ones may be a touch narrower than mine, which might make that a tiny bit easier -- and make them less likely to tie rather large knots.
I don't see that they're made much better than the standard BB ties -- the lining is sewn in there pretty well, there's a slip-stitch, and they have a self-fabric keeper in addition to the label. I think the price difference is just due to the material itself, and possibly the interlining.
If you pull aside the interlining (tricky, delicate, and a bad idea -- not that it trashed mine, but I suspect it could have), you'll see that the silk is a plain color on the back, which I understand is a sign that they're inkjet printed.
Here's a few of mine (I must really like that square):
Very nice jacket in this pic. Care to offer details?post #5982 of 80106/18/14 at 7:53amQuote:
Seems to be the new norm, at least with the slightly less-expensive than BB retailers. Maybe they were feeling the heat (I couldn't see myself ever paying full price at BB, anyway . . . certainly seems overpriced to me).post #5983 of 80106/18/14 at 7:58ampost #5984 of 80106/18/14 at 7:19pmQuote:
Finally showed up, and while that Donegal is a lovely shirt, it was a nightmare for me; the speckling actually made it worse.
Still haven't seen the new store in Toronto, but I may try to check it out on Friday when the semi-annual starts. Either way, I'm still very encouraged by BB's continued expansion up here, and by their commitment to not gouging the bejesus out of us.post #5985 of 80106/18/14 at 7:22pmThread Starter
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › SuitSupply Shirts? 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 11 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 24 minutes ago
- › OLZAN | A new fashion brand | Exclusive clothing 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...