Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 399
Styleforum Top Picks
Any watch people in this thread? BB's offerings are currently 30% off. I love the look of this one (made by Seiko):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good value for $500?
Think you're better off spending the $500 elsewhere or getting the Seiko equivalent of the watch. You could probably find something similar to it for <$100.
in case anyone missed it the Black Fleece is still available at less 30%.
that's still overpriced by about 20%
I just want one of those damn 40% off coupons for people that haven't shipped there in a while. Was looking to get a suit, but I can get 30% off at the corporate sale (4x year). With this, corporate sales and after Christmas you can get 6 big sales a year. What are they thinking?
sales selections are rather limited, and outside of these fora, you'd be surprised how many people decide to buy clothes on a whim rather than sit tight and wait for the biggest discount possible. That's how I bought my first BB suit, full-price, yet with a not-so perfect fit :( . I now regret that purchase every other time I look in my closet, yet can't get myself to ebay it for pennies on the dollar.
I own a couple of BB madders, but mine are a few years old (bought last summer at the outlets). Same pricepoint, and not obviously different to the last ones I checked out at a retail Brooks.
They're nice. The heavy silk, fairly thick interlining, and chalky texture mean that they can be slightly tricky to knot, but a couple tries always gets it right for me. The current ones may be a touch narrower than mine, which might make that a tiny bit easier -- and make them less likely to tie rather large knots.
I don't see that they're made much better than the standard BB ties -- the lining is sewn in there pretty well, there's a slip-stitch, and they have a self-fabric keeper in addition to the label. I think the price difference is just due to the material itself, and possibly the interlining.
If you pull aside the interlining (tricky, delicate, and a bad idea -- not that it trashed mine, but I suspect it could have), you'll see that the silk is a plain color on the back, which I understand is a sign that they're inkjet printed.
Here's a few of mine (I must really like that square):
Very nice jacket in this pic. Care to offer details?
Seems to be the new norm, at least with the slightly less-expensive than BB retailers. Maybe they were feeling the heat (I couldn't see myself ever paying full price at BB, anyway . . . certainly seems overpriced to me).
Finally showed up, and while that Donegal is a lovely shirt, it was a nightmare for me; the speckling actually made it worse.
Still haven't seen the new store in Toronto, but I may try to check it out on Friday when the semi-annual starts. Either way, I'm still very encouraged by BB's continued expansion up here, and by their commitment to not gouging the bejesus out of us.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Munich in the summer 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...