or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 381

post #5701 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

You sound like a wonderful person.  I'm sure your SA is thrilled when you walk through the door.

 



It wasn't my SA's fault. He said it was company policy and he later told me he personally did not agree with it either.
post #5702 of 5710


Greetings gentlemen!! First time poster here.

I have been eyeing these Great Gatsby edition white bucks for over a year. Finally pulled the trigger with the 40% coupon today. My SA was able to honor the coupon until tomorrow since the shoes had to be shipped in from another store and they got to the store after Sunday.
Edited by 3rdRail - 4/15/14 at 7:18pm
post #5703 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdRail View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Greetings gentlemen!! First time poster here.

I have been eyeing these Great Gatsby edition white bucks for over a year. Finally pulled the trigger with the 40% coupon today. My SA was able to honor the coupon until tomorrow since the shoes had to be shipped in from another store and they got to the store after Sunday.

Welcome! Enjoy your stunning bucks! Wear them in good health!!
post #5704 of 5710

Wearing these around the house this morning - picked them up on 30% corporate discount day:

 

 

I'm on the fence about keeping them.  I think they're a cool design and I love summer shoes . . . but the way the canvas in the vamp bunches up turns me off a little and although you can't see it the heel is low like a bowling shoe.

 

Decisions, decisions . . .

post #5705 of 5710

I bought a bunch of $59 must-iron luxury dress shirts.  Does proper care start and finish by bringing them to the drycleaner for a wash and press?

post #5706 of 5710

BTW, for those (like me) who never got the 40% off coupon in the mail, I was talking to my SA about it today and he told me he would give me that discount on a full-priced summer suit I was eyeing.  YMMV, of course, but if you have a good relationship with an SA and didn't get the coupon it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

post #5707 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

I bought a bunch of $59 must-iron luxury dress shirts.  Does proper care start and finish by bringing them to the drycleaner for a wash and press?

No, wash in cold on gentle cycle and iron yourself. The cleaners will destroy your shirt.
post #5708 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


No, wash in cold on gentle cycle and iron yourself. The cleaners will destroy your shirt.

 

In the immortal words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat."

 

Thanks for the answer, but I guess my shirts are going to be destroyed.

post #5709 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

In the immortal words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat."

Thanks for the answer, but I guess my shirts are going to be destroyed.

+1 I've been sending all of my shirts to a commercial laundry for years. They include many Brooks Brothers luxury and Golden Fleece shirts, along with plenty from high-end Italian brands (Kiton, Borrelli, Truzzi, Barba, etc.). I know I'm a heretic/non-believer for saying this, but if my Terminator laundry has shortened the life of my shirts, I can't tell.
post #5710 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by 518aata View Post


+1 I've been sending all of my shirts to a commercial laundry for years. They include many Brooks Brothers luxury and Golden Fleece shirts, along with plenty from high-end Italian brands (Kiton, Borrelli, Truzzi, Barba, etc.). I know I'm a heretic/non-believer for saying this, but if my Terminator laundry has shortened the life of my shirts, I can't tell.

I'll 2nd this.  It is easy for people to say dry cleaners will ruin shirts, but with my two left thumbs and non-ability to iron, I'd say the chances of me messing them up is higher than someone who does it for a living :embar:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?