or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 380

post #5686 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos20co View Post

Does anybody know if the 40% works on already discounted merchandise?

No
post #5687 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

I've been out of the loop on formal clothes for a number of years, but now I'm in the market for a good basic suit and am looking at an 1818 Milano.

At the $600 price point (if I can get it for 40% off), how does an 1818 Milano compare with the competition in terms of quality?

The quality of Milano suits is irrelevant as they will be out of style long before their seams or fabric fail. Get a suit whose jacket covers your backside, has a lapel wider than a pencil, and whose pants won't inhibit your ability to reproduce.
post #5688 of 6041
Try Fitzgerald, regent and the Milano. If you're a skinny dude, a Milano might work. Wide shoulders, maybe go with the regent that has stronger drop/waist suppression. Fitzgerald is a trim but not too anemic of a fit.

If you can get a corporate discount and can go for two suits. You can get them down to 550 per suit stacking the corp discount and brooks buys.
post #5689 of 6041

I just bought a great Madison sport coat. I was pleasantly surprised that the man I ordered with automatically assumed I was looking for and honored the 40% deal despite the fact that I was ordering on the phone. I guess so many people have been bringing in the coupons that they are honoring it for everyone. If you are considering a purchase, I would try these last few hours before the sale ends.

 

Btw, has anyone received the 40% off on cordovans. I asked on the phone earlier during the sale, but was told it was excluded. 

post #5690 of 6041
40% off didn't work for me. The lady rep said that she would require me to mail in the physical copy to her.
post #5691 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

40% off didn't work for me. The lady rep said that she would require me to mail in the physical copy to her.

Did you ask to speak w/ alan or rebecca like i mentioned?
post #5692 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

Did you ask to speak w/ alan or rebecca like i mentioned?

Tried, but unfortunately they weren't available. Oh well.
post #5693 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

Tried, but unfortunately they weren't available. Oh well.

I would follow up with an email
post #5694 of 6041
Most shoes and accessories (but not including Green and cordovan) are now 30% off.
post #5695 of 6041
Couldn't find anything to use my 40% off coupon on, and ended up selecting this tie in red white and blue because I wanted to take advantage of discount:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Textured-Sidewheeler-Stripe-Tie/MA01486,default,pd.html?dwvar_MA01486_Color=RED&contentpos=10

Did I make a bad choice? can't tell if the tie is nice and clean looking for spring/summer or too preppy...
post #5696 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyJ View Post


Btw, has anyone received the 40% off on cordovans. I asked on the phone earlier during the sale, but was told it was excluded. 

Any of the "high end" shoes will be excluded unless the SA screws up or takes bribes.
post #5697 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post



Any of the "high end" shoes will be excluded unless the SA screws up or takes bribes.

 



I didn't have to bribe mine.
post #5698 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post



Any of the "high end" shoes will be excluded unless the SA screws up or takes bribes.

 



I didn't have to bribe mine.

Well then lucky you for either getting a screw up or a store that doesn't follow the rules of what 99% of them do!
post #5699 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post



Well then lucky you for either getting a screw up or a store that doesn't follow the rules of what 99% of them do!

 



To be fair I had an incident with them few months ago when they could not order a pair of Peal & Co Cordovan Boots which showed they were in stock at a US store (I'm from Canada). I called the US store directly and had them shipped to my drop box at the border and picked them up myself. I made sure I wore them when I visited my SA and told him and his manager that I really wanted them so I ordered them myself.
post #5700 of 6041
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
 

To be fair I had an incident with them few months ago when they could not order a pair of Peal & Co Cordovan Boots which showed they were in stock at a US store (I'm from Canada). I called the US store directly and had them shipped to my drop box at the border and picked them up myself. I made sure I wore them when I visited my SA and told him and his manager that I really wanted them so I ordered them myself.

 

You sound like a wonderful person.  I'm sure your SA is thrilled when you walk through the door.


Edited by New Shoes1 - 4/15/14 at 7:37am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?