I'm leaning toward Henry Poole, they travel to Washington DC several times a year and I'll be going to London in June for business. Would also like to try Oxxford Clothiers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:25 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 371post #5551 of 83583/23/14 at 7:29ampost #5552 of 83583/23/14 at 7:32ampost #5553 of 83583/23/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Henry Poole is great, but the price difference will be very significant. If you do go that route, I would suggest asking for Alex as your cutter.post #5554 of 83583/23/14 at 8:37ampost #5555 of 83583/23/14 at 8:38amQuote:
I haven't done research on price yet but I'm hoping I can get something for close to $2k. I didn't realize you could request a cutter. Thanks!post #5556 of 83583/23/14 at 9:17ampost #5557 of 83583/23/14 at 12:49pmpost #5558 of 83583/23/14 at 1:22pmpost #5559 of 83583/23/14 at 1:34pmpost #5560 of 83583/23/14 at 2:43pm
Hey there -- I’m trying to work out a plan of action for my first suit in a long time, and I would be really grateful for your advice.
1) I’m trying to get the best price possible, and I’m willing to wait. I know from the Brooks Brothers e-mails I get that a preferred customer event is starting soon, with 25% off using the company credit card. It appears that I also get 15% with the BB credit card. I haven't applied for one yet. And I have access to about $450 of BB gift cards at 20% off.
- Does anyone know if the 15% and 25% discounts stack?
- I’m probably too late to get the gift cards and apply for the credit card for the upcoming customer event, so does anyone know when the next one is? Should I target the preferred customer events, or are there even better times to buy? (Should I wait until the X-mas sale? I looked around then, but there was nothing my size and the SAs were too busy to help. I've also seen some mention of a 40% off card in this thread.)
- I have available to me $450 of gift cards to the following stores as well, at a 20% discount. Would they be better choices for a suit? LLBean Macy’s Express Eddie Bauer
2) Which BB suit should I get? I've been doing some reading, it seems the 1818 will give me the best deal at a half-canvas. I could probably go for the Golden Fleece at full-canvas, but is the extra spend worth it?
3) Should I order in-store or online? I’m not a big fan of going into the store, but I understand I would likely get a better fit that way. On the other hand, it’s unlikely they’ll have a good selection for me, since my drop is so wide. I’m a 38S in the jacket, 28 waist.
4) Based on group recommendations, I also went to try on some Allen Edmonds. I liked the brown Strands more than the black Park Avenues I tried. Black Park Avenues were too conservative. I like the versatility of brown Strands, it seemed like I could wear them with jeans or a suit. Given the brown Strand as a shoe shoe, what color suit should I get? Gray? My other pair of dress shoes are some very old, but still in decent shape, black fancy cap-toe Bostonians.
Thanks!post #5561 of 83583/23/14 at 4:47pmpost #5562 of 83583/25/14 at 2:57pm
Same here. If anyone received a card and doesn't plan to use it, I would gladly accept the coupon code via PM. I've been waffling on buying a blazer and the 40% discount would be enough to get me off the fence. I bought a few items during the 30% corporate event and should have bought it then.post #5563 of 83583/25/14 at 5:45pmpost #5564 of 83583/25/14 at 6:06pmpost #5565 of 83583/25/14 at 7:10pm
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › MASSIMO BIZZOCCHI HOUNDSTOOTH SILK TIE 7 CM 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Camel Hair Sportcoat 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...