I would look elsewhere. I've never heard a good comment regarding BB MTM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 371
Styleforum Top Picks
Henry Poole is great, but the price difference will be very significant. If you do go that route, I would suggest asking for Alex as your cutter.
I haven't done research on price yet but I'm hoping I can get something for close to $2k. I didn't realize you could request a cutter. Thanks!
Hey there -- I’m trying to work out a plan of action for my first suit in a long time, and I would be really grateful for your advice.
1) I’m trying to get the best price possible, and I’m willing to wait. I know from the Brooks Brothers e-mails I get that a preferred customer event is starting soon, with 25% off using the company credit card. It appears that I also get 15% with the BB credit card. I haven't applied for one yet. And I have access to about $450 of BB gift cards at 20% off.
- Does anyone know if the 15% and 25% discounts stack?
- I’m probably too late to get the gift cards and apply for the credit card for the upcoming customer event, so does anyone know when the next one is? Should I target the preferred customer events, or are there even better times to buy? (Should I wait until the X-mas sale? I looked around then, but there was nothing my size and the SAs were too busy to help. I've also seen some mention of a 40% off card in this thread.)
- I have available to me $450 of gift cards to the following stores as well, at a 20% discount. Would they be better choices for a suit? LLBean Macy’s Express Eddie Bauer
2) Which BB suit should I get? I've been doing some reading, it seems the 1818 will give me the best deal at a half-canvas. I could probably go for the Golden Fleece at full-canvas, but is the extra spend worth it?
3) Should I order in-store or online? I’m not a big fan of going into the store, but I understand I would likely get a better fit that way. On the other hand, it’s unlikely they’ll have a good selection for me, since my drop is so wide. I’m a 38S in the jacket, 28 waist.
4) Based on group recommendations, I also went to try on some Allen Edmonds. I liked the brown Strands more than the black Park Avenues I tried. Black Park Avenues were too conservative. I like the versatility of brown Strands, it seemed like I could wear them with jeans or a suit. Given the brown Strand as a shoe shoe, what color suit should I get? Gray? My other pair of dress shoes are some very old, but still in decent shape, black fancy cap-toe Bostonians.
Same here. If anyone received a card and doesn't plan to use it, I would gladly accept the coupon code via PM. I've been waffling on buying a blazer and the 40% discount would be enough to get me off the fence. I bought a few items during the 30% corporate event and should have bought it then.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 40 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › APC - Petit New Standard - Size 31 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays