or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 362

post #5416 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCarraway View Post

Technically only trouser hem, but many SAs will do "what it takes" (waist, sleeves, etc.).

I hope so, I had cuffs, suspender buttons, leg tapering and taking in some in the chest.
post #5417 of 6433
They'd normally charge you around $50 for the waist and $10-20 for tapering, but if they didn't quote a price, it sounds like they threw it in since you purchased 3 suits.
post #5418 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
 

I haven't been able to conjure an answer to this question from Google nor by any other means. Help me out?

 

 

(1) BB non-iron pinpoint shirts don't shrink at all -- or, in my experience, shrink so little that it's not worth mentioning.

 

(2) BB must-iron oxford shirts shrink quite dramatically (cold wash, air dry) -- so much that I need to order .5" up on both collar and sleeves.

 

 

So, the question:

 

(3) BB must-iron pinpoint ??? How are those for shrinkage?

I have a couple of those and they shrank quite a bit. I'd say equal to or slightly more than the oxfords. I warm wash and hang dry.

post #5419 of 6433

Good to know. Thanks, SmellBlind!

post #5420 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

They'd normally charge you around $50 for the waist and $10-20 for tapering, but if they didn't quote a price, it sounds like they threw it in since you purchased 3 suits.

Fingers crossed...the only price quoted was a re-shaping of one of the suit pants to take out the single pleat and that was $70. Everything else should be standard procedure alterations (cuff, suspender buttons, sleeve length, waist, crouch, sides of the jacket).

With the 2 for $1700 promotion and 30% corporate discount, the first 2 suits were $600 each and she added a third for the same price! biggrin.gif

Therefore, I bought 3 suits at 50% off. Here's pics of 2 of the 3. The third being my favorite, Regent Fit Saxxon Wool in Slate Blue with small Navy and Grey Pinstripe.

Regent Fit Black/White Glen Plaid with Blue Stripe


Grey Saxxon Wool Sharkskin Windowpane
post #5421 of 6433

Anyone know why the models always wear coats that are too roomy in the waist and short in length? Their shirt sleeves seem a tad short all the time too...

post #5422 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

Anyone know why the models always wear coats that are too roomy in the waist and short in length? Their shirt sleeves seem a tad short all the time too...

They normally have a variety of sizes and only have time to do minor adjustments to the pants and sleeve length. The waist is usually pinned in the back.
post #5423 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

They normally have a variety of sizes and only have time to do minor adjustments to the pants and sleeve length. The waist is usually pinned in the back.

They have gotten better about pinning the jackets. The Madison fits used to be pinned to appear almost body hugging, which they definitely are not.
post #5424 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

They have gotten better about pinning the jackets. The Madison fits used to be pinned to appear almost body hugging, which they definitely are not.

Ain't that the truth...Madison is a big ol sack! Love the Regent fit.
post #5425 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


Ain't that the truth...Madison is a big ol sack! Love the Regent fit.

Same here. I bought into SF groupthink & got the Fitz, but the Regent has SUCH better waist suppression OTR. I wish I never bought 2 Fitz's....Regents are so hard to find online nowadays.

post #5426 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
 

Same here. I bought into SF groupthink & got the Fitz, but the Regent has SUCH better waist suppression OTR. I wish I never bought 2 Fitz's....Regents are so hard to find online nowadays.

 

Regent works way better for me than Fitz, but I do find the arm holes are on the large side given how much natural waist suppresion there is - actually ended up having mine raised on a blazer I bought last year.

post #5427 of 6433

off topic I know, but do ESF oxfords come in collar sizes larger than 17? I think they used to. thanks

post #5428 of 6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

Regent works way better for me than Fitz, but I do find the arm holes are on the large side given how much natural waist suppresion there is - actually ended up having mine raised on a blazer I bought last year.

Lots of Regent fit suits at the Connecticut Ave location. I have an athletic build (44R suit with 34 waist) and Regent fits me perfectly.
post #5429 of 6433
Now I'm thinking I should exchange my fitz for a regent. I'm about 44R 34 waist. Bought it in December but it's still in its bag
post #5430 of 6433

There is a 30% off sale for corporate members on Mar 20.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?