Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 362
Styleforum Top Picks
I haven't been able to conjure an answer to this question from Google nor by any other means. Help me out?
(1) BB non-iron pinpoint shirts don't shrink at all -- or, in my experience, shrink so little that it's not worth mentioning.
(2) BB must-iron oxford shirts shrink quite dramatically (cold wash, air dry) -- so much that I need to order .5" up on both collar and sleeves.
So, the question:
(3) BB must-iron pinpoint ??? How are those for shrinkage?
I have a couple of those and they shrank quite a bit. I'd say equal to or slightly more than the oxfords. I warm wash and hang dry.
Fingers crossed...the only price quoted was a re-shaping of one of the suit pants to take out the single pleat and that was $70. Everything else should be standard procedure alterations (cuff, suspender buttons, sleeve length, waist, crouch, sides of the jacket).
With the 2 for $1700 promotion and 30% corporate discount, the first 2 suits were $600 each and she added a third for the same price!
Therefore, I bought 3 suits at 50% off. Here's pics of 2 of the 3. The third being my favorite, Regent Fit Saxxon Wool in Slate Blue with small Navy and Grey Pinstripe.
Regent Fit Black/White Glen Plaid with Blue Stripe
Grey Saxxon Wool Sharkskin Windowpane
They normally have a variety of sizes and only have time to do minor adjustments to the pants and sleeve length. The waist is usually pinned in the back.
They have gotten better about pinning the jackets. The Madison fits used to be pinned to appear almost body hugging, which they definitely are not.
Same here. I bought into SF groupthink & got the Fitz, but the Regent has SUCH better waist suppression OTR. I wish I never bought 2 Fitz's....Regents are so hard to find online nowadays.
Regent works way better for me than Fitz, but I do find the arm holes are on the large side given how much natural waist suppresion there is - actually ended up having mine raised on a blazer I bought last year.
Lots of Regent fit suits at the Connecticut Ave location. I have an athletic build (44R suit with 34 waist) and Regent fits me perfectly.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 47 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015