Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 9:01 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 362post #5416 of 80103/12/14 at 7:50pmpost #5417 of 80103/12/14 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sundance
I haven't been able to conjure an answer to this question from Google nor by any other means. Help me out?
(1) BB non-iron pinpoint shirts don't shrink at all -- or, in my experience, shrink so little that it's not worth mentioning.
(2) BB must-iron oxford shirts shrink quite dramatically (cold wash, air dry) -- so much that I need to order .5" up on both collar and sleeves.
So, the question:
(3) BB must-iron pinpoint ??? How are those for shrinkage?
I have a couple of those and they shrank quite a bit. I'd say equal to or slightly more than the oxfords. I warm wash and hang dry.post #5418 of 80103/12/14 at 8:16pmpost #5419 of 80103/13/14 at 5:58amQuote:
Fingers crossed...the only price quoted was a re-shaping of one of the suit pants to take out the single pleat and that was $70. Everything else should be standard procedure alterations (cuff, suspender buttons, sleeve length, waist, crouch, sides of the jacket).
With the 2 for $1700 promotion and 30% corporate discount, the first 2 suits were $600 each and she added a third for the same price!
Therefore, I bought 3 suits at 50% off. Here's pics of 2 of the 3. The third being my favorite, Regent Fit Saxxon Wool in Slate Blue with small Navy and Grey Pinstripe.
Regent Fit Black/White Glen Plaid with Blue Stripe
Grey Saxxon Wool Sharkskin Windowpanepost #5420 of 80103/14/14 at 12:45ampost #5421 of 80103/14/14 at 5:21amQuote:
They normally have a variety of sizes and only have time to do minor adjustments to the pants and sleeve length. The waist is usually pinned in the back.post #5422 of 80103/14/14 at 9:27amQuote:
They have gotten better about pinning the jackets. The Madison fits used to be pinned to appear almost body hugging, which they definitely are not.post #5423 of 80103/14/14 at 9:51ampost #5424 of 80103/14/14 at 9:54amQuote:
Same here. I bought into SF groupthink & got the Fitz, but the Regent has SUCH better waist suppression OTR. I wish I never bought 2 Fitz's....Regents are so hard to find online nowadays.post #5425 of 80103/14/14 at 1:25pmQuote:
Regent works way better for me than Fitz, but I do find the arm holes are on the large side given how much natural waist suppresion there is - actually ended up having mine raised on a blazer I bought last year.post #5426 of 80103/14/14 at 3:27pmpost #5427 of 80103/14/14 at 4:46pmQuote:
Lots of Regent fit suits at the Connecticut Ave location. I have an athletic build (44R suit with 34 waist) and Regent fits me perfectly.post #5428 of 80103/14/14 at 8:19pmpost #5429 of 80103/14/14 at 8:24pmpost #5430 of 80103/14/14 at 9:36pm
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Dundee boot in Snuff Suede, 8.5E 6 minutes ago
- › Orazio Luciano, Green Cashmere-Silk Sport Coat, 52R 42R 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...