Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 351post #5251 of 759312/30/13 at 7:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5252 of 759312/30/13 at 8:20pmpost #5253 of 759312/30/13 at 8:50pmpost #5254 of 759312/31/13 at 5:37pm
Ordered a Milano suit from the site. Satisfied for sure... BUT:
whats this on the shoulder part? I need to get the pants hemmed since they came un-hemmed. Do I just go to a BB and is this free or will I have to pay for tailoring? Also, fit wise... the sleeves are a bit tight, but the body doesn't fully have that taper look to it.
)( <--- like that
If I get the sides taken in will the jacket be completely too tight?
I'd like the sides to fit like thatpost #5255 of 759312/31/13 at 11:14pmIt's basting thread and should be removed. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you take it to a BB store, you can get basic alterations (including trouser cuffs and jacket sleeves) for free on online purchases. You probably need to get the sleeve buttons attached, too, which I think they will do for free. The other question is something you should ask the tailor since it depends on how the jacket fits you. You don't want it so tight that it's pulling at the button.post #5256 of 759312/31/13 at 11:42pmpost #5257 of 75931/1/14 at 9:14pmpost #5258 of 75931/2/14 at 9:07amQuote:
I don't have a ton of experience (a few suits), but the fastest I have ever received something back is 2 weeks.post #5259 of 75931/2/14 at 11:01ampost #5260 of 75931/2/14 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bbhuesQuote:
I don't have a ton of experience (a few suits), but the fastest I have ever received something back is 2 weeks.
I have two BBs in my area. I called the suburban strip mall BB and they are totally backed up and can't guarantee less than two weeks. The downtown BB told me they can have it back to me in a week or less.post #5261 of 75931/2/14 at 3:58pmWhat are everyone's thoughts on adding back darts to BB OCBDs? Anyone here done it? Their slim fit shirts generally fit me well but still are a bit too full in the waist (extra slim is too tight in the chest and shoulders). My thinking has always been that darts seem incongruous on an OCBD, especially when it's a must-iron with a box pleat. But now that Kamakura is doing OCBDs with darts, my opinion is swaying. My only remaining hesitation in darting my BB shirts is the box pleat.
Edited by Evolve - 1/2/14 at 8:49pmpost #5262 of 75931/2/14 at 4:24pmpost #5263 of 75931/2/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
I see what you're saying. But to play devil's advocate, the purpose of pleats is to allow more room and freedom of movement in the upper back/shoulder area, while darts eliminate excess material in the lower back. Both of these things are beneficial to someone with a large drop.post #5264 of 75931/2/14 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evolve
What are everyone's thoughts on adding back darts to BB OCBDs? Anyone here done it? Their slim fit shirts generally fit me well but still are a bit too full in the waist (extra slim is too tight in the chest and shoulders). My thinking has always been that darts seem incongruous on an OCBD, especially when its a must-iron with a box pleat. But now that Kamakura is doing OCBDs with darts, my opinion is swaying. My only remaining hesitation in darting my BB shirts is the box pleat.
I did that to one of my shirts, it was not my first intention to put on darts. I took the shirt to my tailor to take in the sides (which is what I usually do with my shirts), and then there was a problem with fabric tearing, I don't remember exactly, but I ended up with darts on that shirt. I was hesitant to wear it at first, but it looks ok to me. It looks good enough for everyday wear, and the fit is fine now. I wouldn't do it on purpose though, go with the sides instead.post #5265 of 75931/3/14 at 10:23am
Does anyone notice how most of the fall/winter items including sport coats, flannels, and sweaters are no longer on the website. I highly doubt all of these items just sold-out in the past day or two, especially some of the items that were available in many sizes and had many left in stock. I wonder if items were transferred to outlets earlier than usual this year
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 10 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Minty Fresh So Fresh It Hurts Kiton 2013 Blow it up Damn Dude SC EU50 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...