or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 335

post #5011 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan View Post



2) Red Fleece is BB's pathetic attempt to eat into J Crew's ownership of non-greybearded shopper (i.e. the younger demo).



As far as your original question, there possibly may be no difference at all between them; for all we know, they may be outsourced to the same factory in China.

 



I don't particularly prefer Red Fleece but they're the right fit for a guy that's thin with long arms. Most sport shirts from other makes have 34" sleeves for size medium but RF appears to have longer sleeves which fits me better.

But you're right they're all made in China and likely from the same factory.
post #5012 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

The nice thing about ESF is that they still make an OCBD in the fit but with the original polo collar. Nice to have a well fitting shirt with a grown up collar that won't look ridiculous in a year. All of the red fleece shirts have those child collars.

The collar with the button on the back of the neck is silly. What is that an attempt to make a fashionable collar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan View Post



2) Red Fleece is BB's pathetic attempt to eat into J Crew's ownership of non-greybearded shopper (i.e. the younger demo).



As far as your original question, there possibly may be no difference at all between them; for all we know, they may be outsourced to the same factory in China.

 



I don't particularly prefer Red Fleece but they're the right fit for a guy that's thin with long arms. Most sport shirts from other makes have 34" sleeves for size medium but RF appears to have longer sleeves which fits me better.

But you're right they're all made in China and likely from the same factory.

Probably now that you mentioned it! The styles are so similar. So where do you shop for casual shirts under $50?
post #5013 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

The collar with the button on the back of the neck is silly. What is that an attempt to make a fashionable collar?

Nothing wrong with that on a casual shirt. The problem I think is that this tends to be combined with very short collar points.
post #5014 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

If you wait that long, a lot of the normal sizing might be gone. I've always noticed that the items that are 70% off tend to be XXXL shirts, size 46 waist pants, or other sizes that no one wears.

+1

I'm a 40R jacket, medium sweater/t-shirt/jacket, and 32W pant.

Good luck to me ever getting stuff on sale. It happens sometimes, but it's tough.
post #5015 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherGuido View Post

From IvyStyle:

Like everything in menswear, the third collar button originally served a utilitarian purpose: It kept your necktie from slipping, back when ties were so skinny they’d fit between button and the collar fold. The detail was probably inspired by the days of detachable collars, which were secured by a button in the back.



 



When Brooks Brothers eliminated the third button from its shirts in the late ’60s, probably because ties had become too wide for the button to serve its purpose, old-school customers were furious and started stockpiling the last remaining third-button shirts, according to a Brooks spokesman.




Cool. Should have known a company like BB (with its rich history) would have done the research. Makes sense since the Red Fleece is too appeal to slimmer fitting clothing, hence slim ties.
post #5016 of 6231
FYI, 5-day sale starts on Wednesday Dec 4th.
post #5017 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

FYI, 5-day sale starts on Wednesday Dec 4th.

Thanks. Do you have any more details on this? Is it on select items, or is it store-wide?

post #5018 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by desastre View Post
 

Thanks. Do you have any more details on this? Is it on select items, or is it store-wide?

Each day they will have certain items go on sale, ie. 40% off all leather accessories, 40% off all sweaters, etc.

post #5019 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
 

Each day they will have certain items go on sale, ie. 40% off all leather accessories, 40% off all sweaters, etc.

Good to know. I bought one of their BrooksStorm wool overcoats during last year's sale for 40% off.

post #5020 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
 

Each day they will have certain items go on sale, ie. 40% off all leather accessories, 40% off all sweaters, etc.

 

If they follow the same pattern as last year, there will also be a 40% off all tailored clothing day and a 40% off all outerwear day.

post #5021 of 6231

Isn't the 40% usually what you get off post-christmas as well? So this could be a good opportunity to snag something, right?

post #5022 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon24 View Post
 

Isn't the 40% usually what you get off post-christmas as well? So this could be a good opportunity to snag something, right?

 

There's usually an additional 15% kicker on 12/26, but inventory is significantly diminished by that point in time.

post #5023 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

FYI, 5-day sale starts on Wednesday Dec 4th.

anyone have a sample of what the sale was last year?

post #5024 of 6231
Are any of their shoes ever on sale?
post #5025 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

Are any of their shoes ever on sale?

Yes. I picked up some shoes the holidays before last. I want to say it was 30-40% off with a bonus 15% or so with a certain payment method (mastercard)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?