Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/12/16 at 11:24am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 286
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4277 of 76145/11/13 at 8:23ampost #4278 of 76145/11/13 at 8:33amQuote:
Think it depends on the fabric, to be honest. With rare exception, I'm not a fan of their silk ties at all, but I have ties made from other materials that knot excellently, even in slim (wool, silk-wool blend, cotton, chambray, madras).post #4279 of 76145/12/13 at 8:26am
Do the Milanos fit TTS?
Also, does anybody have pictures in the wild of either of these jackets?post #4280 of 76145/12/13 at 12:53pmpost #4281 of 76145/12/13 at 12:59pmpost #4282 of 76145/12/13 at 1:33pmpost #4283 of 76145/14/13 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by musicmax
One guide for shirt sleeve length is that with the gauntlet and cuff UNbuttoned, the shirt should just about reach to the web inside the base of your thumb. You don't show any pictures with the sleeve unbuttoned but based on the clean creased line showing on the picture taken from the side, the sleeve would fall a good bit short of the thumb web. Therefore I'd size up an inch on the sleeve length.
Has this shirt been laundered? Brooks's shirts always shrink, I find I lose about 1/2" in the collar and 3/4" in the sleeve.
^This is absolutely true.
Unfortunately I bought most of my BB shirts when I was in a business casual (non-suit wearing) environment. The length is to the base of my thumb on all of the shirts. I recently started a new job and now wear a suit every day. The shirts get swallowed up in the suit sleeve so they never show at the cuff. I now need to get shirts that are 1 inch longer in the sleeve to negate this. It sucks but live and learn...post #4284 of 76145/14/13 at 7:02pmpost #4285 of 76145/15/13 at 12:29amQuote:... or you can tailor your jacket sleeve to show just about 1/4" of shirt sleeveOriginally Posted by Willin
^This is absolutely true.
Unfortunately I bought most of my BB shirts when I was in a business casual (non-suit wearing) environment. The length is to the base of my thumb on all of the shirts. I recently started a new job and now wear a suit every day. The shirts get swallowed up in the suit sleeve so they never show at the cuff. I now need to get shirts that are 1 inch longer in the sleeve to negate this. It sucks but live and learn...
why would you want your shirt sleeve to be any longer than where they are now?post #4286 of 76145/15/13 at 8:59ampost #4287 of 76145/15/13 at 9:53amQuote:
I think it is because some think the sleeve might be a bit short, especially because there is no slack.post #4288 of 76145/15/13 at 10:37ampost #4289 of 76145/15/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
just a quick review--i decided to give juan a shot and ordered a basic OCBD. he responded to my request within a few hours of my initial email, located one in my size that same day, and four days later it was at my door.
saved a few bucks on shipping (versus ordering from the website), and avoided my (subpar) BB store.
would recommend.post #4290 of 76145/16/13 at 5:30am
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 seconds ago
- › Pal Zileri SC 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris SL/10 Court Sneakers SZ 44.5 (Black Perforated) 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.