Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 286post #4277 of 79595/11/13 at 8:23ampost #4278 of 79595/11/13 at 8:33amQuote:
Think it depends on the fabric, to be honest. With rare exception, I'm not a fan of their silk ties at all, but I have ties made from other materials that knot excellently, even in slim (wool, silk-wool blend, cotton, chambray, madras).post #4279 of 79595/12/13 at 8:26am
Do the Milanos fit TTS?
Also, does anybody have pictures in the wild of either of these jackets?post #4280 of 79595/12/13 at 12:53pmpost #4281 of 79595/12/13 at 12:59pmpost #4282 of 79595/12/13 at 1:33pmpost #4283 of 79595/14/13 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by musicmax
One guide for shirt sleeve length is that with the gauntlet and cuff UNbuttoned, the shirt should just about reach to the web inside the base of your thumb. You don't show any pictures with the sleeve unbuttoned but based on the clean creased line showing on the picture taken from the side, the sleeve would fall a good bit short of the thumb web. Therefore I'd size up an inch on the sleeve length.
Has this shirt been laundered? Brooks's shirts always shrink, I find I lose about 1/2" in the collar and 3/4" in the sleeve.
^This is absolutely true.
Unfortunately I bought most of my BB shirts when I was in a business casual (non-suit wearing) environment. The length is to the base of my thumb on all of the shirts. I recently started a new job and now wear a suit every day. The shirts get swallowed up in the suit sleeve so they never show at the cuff. I now need to get shirts that are 1 inch longer in the sleeve to negate this. It sucks but live and learn...post #4284 of 79595/14/13 at 7:02pmpost #4285 of 79595/15/13 at 12:29amQuote:... or you can tailor your jacket sleeve to show just about 1/4" of shirt sleeveOriginally Posted by Willin
^This is absolutely true.
Unfortunately I bought most of my BB shirts when I was in a business casual (non-suit wearing) environment. The length is to the base of my thumb on all of the shirts. I recently started a new job and now wear a suit every day. The shirts get swallowed up in the suit sleeve so they never show at the cuff. I now need to get shirts that are 1 inch longer in the sleeve to negate this. It sucks but live and learn...
why would you want your shirt sleeve to be any longer than where they are now?post #4286 of 79595/15/13 at 8:59ampost #4287 of 79595/15/13 at 9:53amQuote:
I think it is because some think the sleeve might be a bit short, especially because there is no slack.post #4288 of 79595/15/13 at 10:37ampost #4289 of 79595/15/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
just a quick review--i decided to give juan a shot and ordered a basic OCBD. he responded to my request within a few hours of my initial email, located one in my size that same day, and four days later it was at my door.
saved a few bucks on shipping (versus ordering from the website), and avoided my (subpar) BB store.
would recommend.post #4290 of 79595/16/13 at 5:30am
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Rider Boot Company 37 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding