or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 264

post #3946 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke42 View Post

Is right now a good time to go shopping for a pair of 1818 suits? I'm not in any urgent need of a suit, but it's hard to pass up a sale.

Right now it' the 25% off sale (for BB card holders). Stacking that with the "2 for $1,699" promo, that's about 36% off a pair of 1818 suits, which normally cost $998. With Saxxon wool 1818 suits, the discount is even greater, as much as 47%.

Is it worth getting a pair of suits right now, or is it better to wait for a possibly deeper discount during the summer clearance? Or maybe even waiting till the Christmas sale?

The best possible deal I've seen is getting a clearance suit plus the FF discount. That comes out to about 60% off. But that's never for solid staples.

Best for staples is 30% off on the corporate discount (which stacks with the multiple discount). That just passed.
post #3947 of 6136
I bought several Madison 1818 Saxxon suits in November for 60% off.
post #3948 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilus View Post

I've never seen the luxury ESF on sale, but I've got a few of the slims (which are significantly slimmer than the supima slims). The fabric is exceptionally nice (Egyptian cotton), though not as resilient (probably get about 24 months' wear out of them).

Dayum, yeah the fabrics felt really good to me with great collar and cuff construction. I'm a 16/35 so that's probably a pretty common size . I think $140 for the ESF luxury is still a bit steep no?
post #3949 of 6136

Don't understand why they don't have basic staples in the luxury line for ESF.  The only solid white and light blue shirts are button down collar.  Nothing in a spread collar, nothing in a French cuff.

post #3950 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Dayum, yeah the fabrics felt really good to me with great collar and cuff construction. I'm a 16/35 so that's probably a pretty common size . I think $140 for the ESF luxury is still a bit steep no?

I think I grabbed mine for around $80. Was a couple years back, however.
post #3951 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilus View Post

I think I grabbed mine for around $80. Was a couple years back, however.

You like em much?
post #3952 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

You like em much?

Best workshirts I've ever had.

FWIW, there are a couple of clearance ESF luxury, such as this and this. Comes out to about $60 a pop.
post #3953 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfloormatt View Post

Don't understand why they don't have basic staples in the luxury line for ESF.  The only solid white and light blue shirts are button down collar.  Nothing in a spread collar, nothing in a French cuff.

Because it's Brooks Brothers and white button downs are suitable for wearing with everything except a tuxedo. LOL.
post #3954 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfloormatt View Post

Don't understand why they don't have basic staples in the luxury line for ESF.  The only solid white and light blue shirts are button down collar.  Nothing in a spread collar, nothing in a French cuff.

This doesn't qualify as a solid white shirt?
post #3955 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

You like em much?

The luxury line are great shirts. They shrink a bit after washing and drying.

They can be had for a hair under $90 if you're willing to be patient.
post #3956 of 6136
even the normal brooks brothers shirts are pretty good. the fabrics are just nicer and the collars are better on the luxury. I do the don draper and have like 5 stacked in my bottom drawer in the office. foo.gif
post #3957 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post


This doesn't qualify as a solid white shirt?

I don't like my "solid" whites to have a herringbone pattern.  I always have a tough time finding a "crisp" white shirt that doesn't wrinkle easily...suggestions welcomed, guys...

post #3958 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post

I don't like my "solid" whites to have a herringbone pattern.  I always have a tough time finding a "crisp" white shirt that doesn't wrinkle easily...suggestions welcomed, guys...

Charles Trywhitt slim fit or extra slim fit twill, non-iron, spread collar dress shirt. Best white dress shirt for the money, hands down, in my opinion (can be had for $40-$50).
post #3959 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Charles Trywhitt slim fit or extra slim fit twill, non-iron, spread collar dress shirt. Best white dress shirt for the money, hands down, in my opinion (can be had for $40-$50).

bb esf is closest to ct sf ir esf?
post #3960 of 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmaticbeat View Post

bb esf is closest to ct sf ir esf?

I'm not entirely sure what you just asked, but see this link: http://www.shirtdetective.com/charles-tyrwhitt-vs-brooks-brothers/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?