or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 237

post #3541 of 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

BB should seriously consider outsourcing their logistics to Amazon.com, they will have more happy online customers.

brooks brother PRIME
that'd be amazing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif





i almost bought the triple stripe milano after christmas last year or earlier this year
but i found a milano with regular pinstripe and opted for that instead (it was possibly the last one in my size in the country)
from far away the stripes look like a single stripe.. almost like a chalk stripe
up close you can see the triple lines

if the milano fits you, i see no reason to not get it
post #3542 of 6233

Thank you Winston S. and othertravel for your helpful information.

 

Indeed the Liberty Plaza store proved to have far better service than the midtown location, and somehow, the Fitzgerald cut, as you suggested Winston, did fit - not sure why the pants didn't seem to when I tried another on at the midtown location. 

 

I appreciate the knowledge I've gained from reading the forums here, it was nice to know how to advise the tailor on what I liked, so thank you all.

 

A question - the shoulders in a 40 fit well, but the sleeves both had an indentation roughly in the area of the upper tricep / rear deltoid where my arm just didn't fill the sleeve - i.e. the actual width of the shoulders themselves was fine, but the sleeve itself seemed a bit loose, right at the top in the rear area only. The tailor said the only way to fix that would be to widen the shoulders themselves so as to drape the material straight down and avoid the dimple, which I thought would just look worse. He said this indentation was typical and not really avoidable. Might anyone be able to tell me if this is fixable (or if its not a big deal?)? I've done my best to demonstrate on another picture (from me from the tailor thread on a pre-alteration jacket). The fit is not-at-all similar, I merely used the picture as a means of demonstrating the location of the issue, which is about the same size as the drawn-on oval, and a slightly indented area which my posterior upper arm just doesn't fill out. Thank you.

 

 

 

 

 700

post #3543 of 6233
Picked up four shirts. Three were really sub-par quality. Thin, cheap fabric and billowy arms, which should not be the case as they were extra slim fit. Returning the three shitty ones.
post #3544 of 6233

Many thanks.  That is exactly what I got right now.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


brooks brother PRIME
that'd be amazing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


i almost bought the triple stripe milano after christmas last year or earlier this year
but i found a milano with regular pinstripe and opted for that instead (it was possibly the last one in my size in the country)
from far away the stripes look like a single stripe.. almost like a chalk stripe
up close you can see the triple lines
if the milano fits you, i see no reason to not get it
post #3545 of 6233
Thank you to all who took the time to contact me during the event and I definitely appreciated your time and business. I was definitely envious of all the shoes ordered and now it seems like my current shoe collection needs to be updated smile.gif

Hope you all had a great holiday!

p.s. Spring is already in my store...oh retail
post #3546 of 6233
is there a thread that has information about the next, or in this case, current sale? I thought this was it but apparently not.
post #3547 of 6233
Thread Starter 
^ that's a great idea for a thread. You can call it "when is the next brooks brothers sale"
post #3548 of 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ that's a great idea for a thread. You can call it "when is the next brooks brothers sale"


crackup[1].gif
post #3549 of 6233

Ordered on the 26th, no shipping yet. I suppose this is normal?

post #3550 of 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by drebin View Post

Ordered on the 26th, no shipping yet. I suppose this is normal?

I believe a lot of people ordered so there are some slight delays. It's to be expected considering their logistics are found wanting though personally, I receive my packages within 2-3 days of ordering.

post #3551 of 6233
So what's next sale wise? Will the stuff on clearance just get additional reductions? Or will there be additions to the clearance sale?
post #3552 of 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

So what's next sale wise? Will the stuff on clearance just get additional reductions? Or will there be additions to the clearance sale?

 

typically jan 3 or w/e all the basics go back to full price. then clearance starts, so all the seasonal stuff goes to 50% off

 

but i think usually semi annual is the last sale for a few months

post #3553 of 6233
Ok; hope to see a better selection of suits/SCs in the coming weeks on clearance.
post #3554 of 6233

Mystery solved. I got the U-Throat wingtips in the mail today and it's C&J on the 341 last, based on the "341" inside the side of the shoe. Great looking last.
post #3555 of 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Picked up four shirts. Three were really sub-par quality. Thin, cheap fabric and billowy arms, which should not be the case as they were extra slim fit. Returning the three shitty ones.

ack. Which shirts did you get? Please don't say OCBD. I have a couple I received recently that were top-notch but am still nervous due to a few 90's era ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

I believe a lot of people ordered so there are some slight delays. It's to be expected considering their logistics are found wanting though personally, I receive my packages within 2-3 days of ordering.

Yeah, the more I thought about this, the more sense it seemed to make. I think a lot of people jumped on this sale, and Brooks is no doubt allowing staffers some post-Christmas time off. I'm in no hurry, myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?