It's easier to iron (and better for the shirt) if you only dry for 5 minutes so it's less damp. Ironing is pretty fast once you get the hang of it. Get a big ironing board. I use this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:50 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 236
Styleforum Top Picks
Is this what you were talking about?
My shirts never see the inside of a drier. I hang dry them for about 90 minutes, and then iron them when they are still semi damp. Ironing is a bit of a pain, but it's easier when the shirts are a bit damp. Also, hang drying makes the shirts last longer. The non non-iron shirts feel much nicer against the skin than the non-iron shirts, I like not having a shirt that is filled with chemicals.
I'm guessing it could be due to high order volume. I placed an order Christmas day, expecting it to ship within two days (I opted for the 2 day) but it still says order has been "submitted". Items were ready to ship according to the site. I'm guessing I paid a premium for something that won't be worth it.
Is anyone else mildly bothered by the costumey language of "It is, as always, our distinct pleasure to see you." when you sign into your account?
Interesting, thanks for the info - I'm sure Milton is in back of a warehouse somewhere making sure the packing tissue paper is wrinkle free.
At least bring them on as a consultant - I guess it all depends on % of sales that derive from ecomm - but I'm guessing it's substantial. BB may also not have a warehouse network that favors speedy packaging and delivery.
I guess all that matters in this is that I got a solid deal on some solid shoes. I can wait.
Is this what you were talking about?
Yes. That's the exact one I use. Sizing is what manufacturers use to get that "crisp new shirt" feel when they package the shirt.
It should be cheaper (like a dollar) in the laundry section of your local grocer/big-box.
Here's an explanation of sizing vs. starch:
Edited by musicmax - 12/28/12 at 8:39am
I ordered a suit online Christmas day for an event this weekend. I chose expedited shipping, but three days later, BB hasn't sent me a shipping confirmation yet. I called them today, and they told me that canceling the order was impossible at this point. Anyone know if this is true, even if the order hasn't shipped?
Yes, this makes sense. Most Internet sellers have a point of no return, after which you cannot cancel, or edit an order. So when the suit arrives, you will have to return it by mail or to a store, both of which are fairly easy.
When I order a suit online from BB, it usually takes me at least another 7 days after I have the item in hand to get it ready to wear, since my tailor takes at least 7 days turn around time to finish sleeves, etc. So if I were in your position, if I ordered a suit on Christmas day, I would not expect to be wearing the suit until the second week of January.
I do. I set the drier on low heat, damp dry, and iron them when they come out. That said, if I didn't iron them they wouldn't be awful as weekend casual.
No kidding. I don't think I've seen a shipping confirmation yet, either. I could have walked to the woodlands store and picked them up by now.
brooks brother PRIME
that'd be amazing
i almost bought the triple stripe milano after christmas last year or earlier this year
but i found a milano with regular pinstripe and opted for that instead (it was possibly the last one in my size in the country)
from far away the stripes look like a single stripe.. almost like a chalk stripe
up close you can see the triple lines
if the milano fits you, i see no reason to not get it
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 35 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...