It's easier to iron (and better for the shirt) if you only dry for 5 minutes so it's less damp. Ironing is pretty fast once you get the hang of it. Get a big ironing board. I use this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 236post #3526 of 796412/27/12 at 10:37pmpost #3527 of 796412/28/12 at 1:34amQuote:
Is this what you were talking about?post #3528 of 796412/28/12 at 5:12amQuote:
My shirts never see the inside of a drier. I hang dry them for about 90 minutes, and then iron them when they are still semi damp. Ironing is a bit of a pain, but it's easier when the shirts are a bit damp. Also, hang drying makes the shirts last longer. The non non-iron shirts feel much nicer against the skin than the non-iron shirts, I like not having a shirt that is filled with chemicals.post #3529 of 796412/28/12 at 5:32amAny one else not seeing their orders shipped?
I'm guessing it could be due to high order volume. I placed an order Christmas day, expecting it to ship within two days (I opted for the 2 day) but it still says order has been "submitted". Items were ready to ship according to the site. I'm guessing I paid a premium for something that won't be worth it.
Is anyone else mildly bothered by the costumey language of "It is, as always, our distinct pleasure to see you." when you sign into your account?
-Tpost #3530 of 796412/28/12 at 5:52ampost #3531 of 796412/28/12 at 7:27ampost #3532 of 796412/28/12 at 7:40amQuote:
Interesting, thanks for the info - I'm sure Milton is in back of a warehouse somewhere making sure the packing tissue paper is wrinkle free.Quote:
At least bring them on as a consultant - I guess it all depends on % of sales that derive from ecomm - but I'm guessing it's substantial. BB may also not have a warehouse network that favors speedy packaging and delivery.
I guess all that matters in this is that I got a solid deal on some solid shoes. I can wait.
-Tpost #3533 of 796412/28/12 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by SloopyNoob
Is this what you were talking about?
Yes. That's the exact one I use. Sizing is what manufacturers use to get that "crisp new shirt" feel when they package the shirt.
It should be cheaper (like a dollar) in the laundry section of your local grocer/big-box.
Here's an explanation of sizing vs. starch:
Edited by musicmax - 12/28/12 at 8:39ampost #3534 of 796412/28/12 at 11:14ampost #3535 of 796412/28/12 at 11:56amI ordered a suit online Christmas day for an event this weekend. I chose expedited shipping, but three days later, BB hasn't sent me a shipping confirmation yet. I called them today, and they told me that canceling the order was impossible at this point. Anyone know if this is true, even if the order hasn't shipped?post #3536 of 796412/28/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by HansBeckmann
I ordered a suit online Christmas day for an event this weekend. I chose expedited shipping, but three days later, BB hasn't sent me a shipping confirmation yet. I called them today, and they told me that canceling the order was impossible at this point. Anyone know if this is true, even if the order hasn't shipped?
Yes, this makes sense. Most Internet sellers have a point of no return, after which you cannot cancel, or edit an order. So when the suit arrives, you will have to return it by mail or to a store, both of which are fairly easy.
When I order a suit online from BB, it usually takes me at least another 7 days after I have the item in hand to get it ready to wear, since my tailor takes at least 7 days turn around time to finish sleeves, etc. So if I were in your position, if I ordered a suit on Christmas day, I would not expect to be wearing the suit until the second week of January.post #3537 of 796412/28/12 at 2:03pmpost #3538 of 796412/28/12 at 2:06pmQuote:
I do. I set the drier on low heat, damp dry, and iron them when they come out. That said, if I didn't iron them they wouldn't be awful as weekend casual.Quote:
No kidding. I don't think I've seen a shipping confirmation yet, either. I could have walked to the woodlands store and picked them up by now.post #3539 of 796412/28/12 at 2:13pmpost #3540 of 796412/28/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
brooks brother PRIME
that'd be amazing
i almost bought the triple stripe milano after christmas last year or earlier this year
but i found a milano with regular pinstripe and opted for that instead (it was possibly the last one in my size in the country)
from far away the stripes look like a single stripe.. almost like a chalk stripe
up close you can see the triple lines
if the milano fits you, i see no reason to not get it
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The General Lookbook Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding