Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Edited on 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Edited on 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 234
Apparently this Black Fleece scarf I was looking at was recalled. Gucci went after them for infringement, so these scarves and a bunch of accessories had to be recalled and I guess they're not allowed to sell them. In cases like this, what happens to the scarves? Do they get burned? Sealed in a vault somewhere? Because I'd still kind of like one.
Went into flagship store to take a look, unpleasantly surprised at how unhelpful staff was. Had salesperson get a ? fit specialist ? to tell me I should get a larger size coat, brought me the wrong color, it was clearly too long, clearly longer than he or his associates were wearing, was annoyed when I told him I didn't like the fit. He was so vehement about the ridiculous length I felt like I really couldn't trust his assessment of fit at all and just left.
I have a relatively large seat and ideally would fit in a 39S, the 38 was ok in shoulders but not only too small in waist, too tight in seat/thighs. Initially figured Fitzgerald cut was best based on this forum and description, and that I'd like flat front, but questioning this because of fit issues in seat/thighs. A 39s would probably work but they don't make it. 40 was a little big in body, tiny bit big in shoulders, waist was too big but obviously fixable there. Jacket extended slightly beyond the tip of my thumb.
-Is there another slim fit that is a little looser in the seat? Seems like there is not, but I am quite new to this so just checking.
-Am I better off getting a slightly boxy 40s that is too long in the jacket and tailoring it for waist suppression / trying to shorten coat or just abandoning for another brand?
-Might the flatiron store provide any better service?
Apologies for such novice questions, appreciate the help.
The only time I was in the flatiron store, I think this is the one on Broadway you are referring to, most of the SAs were college students. Not to say that they are all like that and it could have just been that one day. Of all of the BB stores I have been to I think the one in financial district will probably be the next one I would head to. The Rockefeller store is probably around the same size as the Lincoln triangle one or smaller.
What is your chest to waist drop? I'm not sure how the 38 could be tight in the waist if the slim fit is the appropriate fit for you. I am only a 5 drop (38 chest, 33 true waist) and still needed to get the waist taken in on my pants and jacket on my Fitzgerald cotton suit.
You can get this staple Fitz suit in 38R for $425 (after the kicker).
Sounds like a decent plan to me.
Just to confirm, that's not sarcasm, right?
(I'm new, so cant reply)
Didn't really need a new pair of dress shoes but thought I'd treat myself to a post xmas gift to myself.
Good man. Love it.
Fixed. I'm a 41 in Madison, 42 in Fitz, 43 in Milano/Cambridge. Ditto pants. The Milano pant is shockingly snug through the hips & thighs. Size up and then get the waist tucked. If you can, go to a store and try 'em on. And sit down a few times.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/24/13 - Embrace The Wrinkle Sprezz 2 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 7 minutes ago
- › Post your photography skills! (self-gloss) 9 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 9 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 11 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw