Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 234
Styleforum Top Picks
Apparently this Black Fleece scarf I was looking at was recalled. Gucci went after them for infringement, so these scarves and a bunch of accessories had to be recalled and I guess they're not allowed to sell them. In cases like this, what happens to the scarves? Do they get burned? Sealed in a vault somewhere? Because I'd still kind of like one.
Went into flagship store to take a look, unpleasantly surprised at how unhelpful staff was. Had salesperson get a ? fit specialist ? to tell me I should get a larger size coat, brought me the wrong color, it was clearly too long, clearly longer than he or his associates were wearing, was annoyed when I told him I didn't like the fit. He was so vehement about the ridiculous length I felt like I really couldn't trust his assessment of fit at all and just left.
I have a relatively large seat and ideally would fit in a 39S, the 38 was ok in shoulders but not only too small in waist, too tight in seat/thighs. Initially figured Fitzgerald cut was best based on this forum and description, and that I'd like flat front, but questioning this because of fit issues in seat/thighs. A 39s would probably work but they don't make it. 40 was a little big in body, tiny bit big in shoulders, waist was too big but obviously fixable there. Jacket extended slightly beyond the tip of my thumb.
-Is there another slim fit that is a little looser in the seat? Seems like there is not, but I am quite new to this so just checking.
-Am I better off getting a slightly boxy 40s that is too long in the jacket and tailoring it for waist suppression / trying to shorten coat or just abandoning for another brand?
-Might the flatiron store provide any better service?
Apologies for such novice questions, appreciate the help.
The only time I was in the flatiron store, I think this is the one on Broadway you are referring to, most of the SAs were college students. Not to say that they are all like that and it could have just been that one day. Of all of the BB stores I have been to I think the one in financial district will probably be the next one I would head to. The Rockefeller store is probably around the same size as the Lincoln triangle one or smaller.
What is your chest to waist drop? I'm not sure how the 38 could be tight in the waist if the slim fit is the appropriate fit for you. I am only a 5 drop (38 chest, 33 true waist) and still needed to get the waist taken in on my pants and jacket on my Fitzgerald cotton suit.
You can get this staple Fitz suit in 38R for $425 (after the kicker).
Sounds like a decent plan to me.
Just to confirm, that's not sarcasm, right?
(I'm new, so cant reply)
Didn't really need a new pair of dress shoes but thought I'd treat myself to a post xmas gift to myself.
Good man. Love it.
Fixed. I'm a 41 in Madison, 42 in Fitz, 43 in Milano/Cambridge. Ditto pants. The Milano pant is shockingly snug through the hips & thighs. Size up and then get the waist tucked. If you can, go to a store and try 'em on. And sit down a few times.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › Anyone else stopped wearing stiff leather soled shoes? 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › A visit to... Liverano & Liverano 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw