Amateur. Real big-timers put their orders in this week to avoid having to mingle with the peasants.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 223
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah. Just be smart about it.
Just say that your friend shops with BB, and his SA called him and offered that.
Then kindly ask SA if he could do the same for you. But to be honest, you gotta make it worth his while.
If you are just going to buy a shirt and tie, I doubt he will agree.
That happens. But it's an individual characteristics of a person, rather than of BB.
I as a matter of fact I like online returns. Most of the time it is due to a wrong size.
Once you solve the sizing issue for them, you pocket the sale.
If you provide excellent customer service, you get a loyal client, that rather deal with you, than with computer.
Hi, Yorsch, I wish to buy a solid navy blue suit. Will the "40%+15%" discount also apply to BB's 1818 suit items (price is around $ 998 to $ 1098). Many thanks!
That happens. But it's an individual characteristics of a person, rather than of BB. I as a matter of fact I like online returns. Most of the time it is due to a wrong size.
Once you solve the sizing issue for them, you pocket the sale. If you provide excellent customer service, you get a loyal client, that rather deal with you, than with computer.
I would say you are correct if the B&M and online store offered the same discounts/prices. Except for the name and merchandise, I would say the B&M and online store are competitors. While I have a sales associate that sends me cards to notify me of an upcoming sale, I prefer to buy online because they offer a better discount. I bought 4 Madison 1818 suits in Saxxon wool for $439 each, they retail for $1098 (60% off). This is a steal which I've never heard being offered in the store. And since I no longer buy shirts, ties or pants at BB, I don't go to the store. And since I've received some really bad to non-existent service at the Tyson's Galleria store, I prefer to buy online.
I will say that I've received the most incredible service at Brook's Brothers in New Orleans. Absolutely amazing service.
I would say you are correct if the B&M and online store offered the same discounts/prices. Except for the name and merchandise, I would say the B&M and online store are competitors. While I have a sales associate that sends me cards to notify me of an upcoming sale, I prefer to buy online because they offer a better discount. I bought 4 Madison 1818 suits in Saxxon wool for $439 each that retails for $1098 (60% off). This is a steal which would never be offered in the store. And since I no longer buy shirts, ties or pants at BB, I don't go to the store.
There is nothing that you can buy from the BB website that is unavailable for purchase from your SA for the exact same price. I have my SA order internet only items all the time.
I'm going to put in a large order for at least 6-8 shirts but I don't have a relationship with any SAs from the BB I would be ordering from.
Would they accept a down payment of some sort?
I didn't realize that I could order the same merchandise from my SA at the same price offered online. I'll have to ask my SA about the process when I visit the store tonight to return more merchandise.
Edited by Cuttingboard - 12/19/12 at 11:24am
+1 It just took 4 weeks and 3 phone calls to get credit back on a return/exchange.
Am I candidate for the Extra Slim Fit shirts?
Waist 34, Chest 44, 5'10'', Neck 17
The standard slim fit shirts are huge on me. My go to dress shirts and sport shirts have been Theory, as they fit me perfectly. However, I need to find a slim fit french cuff shirt. Most shirts that fit me in the chest are just huge through the body.
I have yet to try the extra slim fit shirts, but I am thinking of ordering one through the free shipping deal today.
Anyone have any insight/input?
Agreed - use Sleven. He's a great asset to this forum.
Edited by wsumarine - 12/19/12 at 12:13pm
They problem I have with ordering from Sleven is that he's on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast, therefore, I have a 3 hour head start if I order online and BB sells out of my suit size (43R) very quickly.
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts just now
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 36 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...