or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 215

post #3211 of 6414

Do they normally have a boxing day sale? I'm in the market for a suit and if they have a boxing day sale + being able to hit one of the outlets I might be able to make a BB one work for me.

 

Speaking of, which is their slim fit line? (if they have one)

post #3212 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCostanza View Post

Do they normally have a boxing day sale? I'm in the market for a suit and if they have a boxing day sale + being able to hit one of the outlets I might be able to make a BB one work for me.

 

Speaking of, which is their slim fit line? (if they have one)


I think their outlets carry the 346 line, which isn't part of the well renowned set of suits that everyone on SF and AAAC moans about. So you wouldn't exactly be getting "Brooks Brothers quality."

post #3213 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCostanza View Post

Do they normally have a boxing day sale? I'm in the market for a suit and if they have a boxing day sale + being able to hit one of the outlets I might be able to make a BB one work for me.

 

Speaking of, which is their slim fit line? (if they have one)


I think their outlets carry the 346 line, which isn't part of the well renowned set of suits that everyone on SF and AAAC moans about. So you wouldn't exactly be getting "Brooks Brothers quality."

 

That's actually alright with me just because I'm in the market for, lack of a better word, "starter" suits.

post #3214 of 6414

Thanks! My neck measurement is 15", my chest is 36" and my sleeve lenght is about 35". A custom fit RL shirt in 15 38 is too large for me in chest and waist. should I go with 15 35 then?

post #3215 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCostanza View Post

Do they normally have a boxing day sale? I'm in the market for a suit and if they have a boxing day sale + being able to hit one of the outlets I might be able to make a BB one work for me.

Speaking of, which is their slim fit line? (if they have one)

Outlets carry the Fitzgerald fit in limited fabric choices.
post #3216 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Just curious if anyone is taking advantage of the "30% off Dress Shirts" deal today. Judging by the website, I'm guessing that the 30% discount is only on the individual shirt prices (i.e. you can't get 30% off their usual "buy three shirts" price?)

I bought 2 Luxury, Extra Slim Fit shirts with a cutaway collar. I'm very happy with this line so far, nice fabric and no breast pocket.
post #3217 of 6414
Does BB usually have a sale that takes place around or after Christmas/New Years?
post #3218 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Does BB usually have a sale that takes place around or after Christmas/New Years?

Is there a retailer that doesn't?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/243159/when-is-the-next-brooks-brothers-sale/855#post_5060046
post #3219 of 6414
Thanks very much, zippyh. Sorry for the useless post - I should have searched first!
post #3220 of 6414
Last year 40% + 20% was great. Anyone know if this year it will be the same? Looking at picking up a carcoat. Anyone have any recommendations of a BB coat? Looking at grey or navy color.
post #3221 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Wow, I really missed out. When was that promo?

Their shirts are overpriced at normal prices, but their ESFs are becoming my mainstay until I find something else with a comparable fit at a better price/quality ratio (that has long arm sizes). I think I may go pick up a couple today.

Have you looked at IM Label? They do custom shirts. I bought 3 BB ESF last Boxing Day and they fit better than other stuff but they are a bit baggy still. IM Label I am able to get a better fit, choose options plus price is only around $70 a shirt, which ain't bad.
post #3222 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Last year 40% + 20% was great. Anyone know if this year it will be the same? Looking at picking up a carcoat. Anyone have any recommendations of a BB coat? Looking at grey or navy color.

I ordered one of these last Tuesday (when BB had 40% off all of their outerwear). I went with Navy because I already have a black wool blend carcoat and wanted something a little more interesting colour-wise:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BrooksStorm®-Short-Town-Coat/032L________BLCK_42___RG__,default,pd.html

To avoid shipping/duty, I ordered it to a U.S. address that I'll be visiting in a couple weeks, so I can't give you an opinion on it yet. But I've heard others speak well of them.
post #3223 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Have you looked at IM Label? They do custom shirts. I bought 3 BB ESF last Boxing Day and they fit better than other stuff but they are a bit baggy still. IM Label I am able to get a better fit, choose options plus price is only around $70 a shirt, which ain't bad.

That's good to know: I've never heard of them before. The BB ESF shirts aren't baggy on me at all (any tighter and they'd be too small), but the next time I'm in the market for some shirts I may give them a try. Maybe for my wedding shirt even...
post #3224 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

I ordered one of these last Tuesday (when BB had 40% off all of their outerwear). I went with Navy because I already have a black wool blend carcoat and wanted something a little more interesting colour-wise:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BrooksStorm®-Short-Town-Coat/032L________BLCK_42___RG__,default,pd.html
To avoid shipping/duty, I ordered it to a U.S. address that I'll be visiting in a couple weeks, so I can't give you an opinion on it yet. But I've heard others speak well of them.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Will try that one on in store and a few others probably on Boxing Day and see how the fit is.
post #3225 of 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

That's good to know: I've never heard of them before. The BB ESF shirts aren't baggy on me at all (any tighter and they'd be too small), but the next time I'm in the market for some shirts I may give them a try. Maybe for my wedding shirt even...
If you don't mind my asking, what is your body type and what sizes did you get?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?