or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 192

post #2866 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post


Picked up the coat yesterday. Best $600 bucks I spent all year (well, besides my Lindrick boots). BB4 fits perfectly. I tried it on in store with the flannel sports coat that I was wearing to make sure it would fit over just about anything. A few years ago, I was in the MA store and the BB$ coats were tight in the shoulders. It seems like they fixed that issue.
Really thick cashmere and the buttons are great. Overall construction is in line with their GF line although this one feels thicker. Very happy with it. Just hope we have a real winter this year so that I can wear it. This coat rocks! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

That's an awesome looking coat and a great deal!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post


Welcome on board!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thank you!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post

Hi everyone - I'm looking for advice on sizing for sweaters. I notice they don't have measurement info up for sweaters on the BB website, I understand how knits are a bit different than shirts and suits. I find I'm between a small and a medium in just about everything, this makes life difficult if I'm not familiar with the product I'm ordering.
I'm 5'9.5", 168 lbs, 38 inch chest, generally a slim guy with a little bit of a belly. I've found Epaulet's medium shirts fit me well, CT's tailored fit, and LEC's smalls. And I suppose I'll be wearing a shirt under these sweaters, so I have to keep this in mind too.
What do you think? Small or medium?

I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with those brands. Based on the information your provided, I would recommend the Small size. Brooks Brothers sweaters offer a generous cut. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


My guy told me that BB is trying to reduce the frequency of sales and discounts, so I think your observations are in line with what he was telling me.

That is correct, including not having an overload of inventory. 

post #2867 of 6051
Thank you to all of those who chose to work with me so far for this event biggrin.gif

...just waiting for the day this happens: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Crocodile-Weekender/439F,default,pd.html?dwvar_439F_Color=BRWN&contentpos=73
post #2868 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

My guy told me that BB is trying to reduce the frequency of sales and discounts, so I think your observations are in line with what he was telling me.

BB has been sliding down a slippery slope with all these sales. If there is a sale every month then nobody pays retail and pretty soon you are JAB.
post #2869 of 6051
^^ interesting thought...I asked the manager @ my location the very same thought and seems like Mr. C. Del Vecchio is really pushing hard on sale vols...
post #2870 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


BB has been sliding down a slippery slope with all these sales. If there is a sale every month then nobody pays retail and pretty soon you are JAB.

 

 

Quality-wise, they've already gotten pretty close to JAB (if not right on par). Playing the price game is dangerous, but BB's no longer a "big-timer's brand." A lot of people (including myself), wouldn't pay full retail for their suits if they came with two shirts, two ties and a second suit for free.

post #2871 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post


Quality-wise, they've already gotten pretty close to JAB (if not right on par). Playing the price game is dangerous, but BB's no longer a "big-timer's brand." A lot of people (including myself), wouldn't pay full retail for their suits if they came with two shirts, two ties and a second suit for free.

Ouch. Makes my half canvassed, made in USA sack blazer at 25% off purchase last Friday sound a lot less exciting...
post #2872 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjl1 View Post

Ouch. Makes my half canvassed, made in USA sack blazer at 25% off purchase last Friday sound a lot less exciting...

dude, its some random guy on the internet. Sure, some of BB's stuff is no longer what it was, but that goes for pretty much every brand under the sun.

from my experience, BB is still at least two rungs above JAB, so i hope that re-excites you
post #2873 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


dude, its some random guy on the internet. Sure, some of BB's stuff is no longer what it was, but that goes for pretty much every brand under the sun.
from my experience, BB is still at least two rungs above JAB, so i hope that re-excites you

 

 

        x2

post #2874 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post


        x2


concur.
post #2875 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post


        x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

concur.

x4
post #2876 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post


Quality-wise, they've already gotten pretty close to JAB (if not right on par). Playing the price game is dangerous, but BB's no longer a "big-timer's brand." A lot of people (including myself), wouldn't pay full retail for their suits if they came with two shirts, two ties and a second suit for free.

I was making the point that BB has moved toward JAB's everything on sale all the time pricing model. I strongly disagree that JAB quality is anything near that of BB. That is a ridiculous statement.

Big timer's brand? Like Grey Goose?
post #2877 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I was making the point that BB has moved toward JAB's everything on sale all the time pricing model. I strongly disagree that JAB quality is anything near that of BB. That is a ridiculous statement.
Big timer's brand? Like Grey Goose?

Big timer, what an ass clown.
post #2878 of 6051
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjl1 View Post

Ouch. Makes my half canvassed, made in USA sack blazer at 25% off purchase last Friday sound a lot less exciting...
I'm 95% sure that jacket is made in the Southwick factory (BB owned now) with loro piana fabric. I think you're ok.
post #2879 of 6051
I honestly believe our quality is superb but have had my head in those MTM books as of late; has anyone placed a MTM order recently?
post #2880 of 6051
I had. Im not that impressed. Especially since southwick didn't even bother to.fallow the measurements. I wouldn't do it again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?