or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 158

post #2356 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post

Does anyone know if the legs on a Milano suit can be widened?
I love the fit of the Milano suit jacket but the pant legs are rock star thin. . . foo.gif

I took a look at a 43R Milano on my rack. Looks like you have about 1/2 inch on each seam available, so 1 inch per leg. Take the pants to your tailor and ask him how far he can go.
post #2357 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I took a look at a 43R Milano on my rack. Looks like you have about 1/2 inch on each seam available, so 1 inch per leg. Take the pants to your tailor and ask him how far he can go.

Thanks for that.
Will kop online and report back.
post #2358 of 5722
Any idea when the next corporate 30% sale would be? Would like to pick up some AE shoes - pretty sure I saw them in the $260 range.
post #2359 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post

Any idea when the next corporate 30% sale would be? Would like to pick up some AE shoes - pretty sure I saw them in the $260 range.

 

Probably September.  Which ones are you looking at?  There may be a cheaper way to get them before September.

post #2360 of 5722
I'm looking at some Peal & Co. C&Js for the the next Corporate Discount sale. Is the C&J punch cap oxford notably sleeker than, say, the AE fifth avenue?
Edited by JubeiSpiegel - 7/12/12 at 8:02pm
post #2361 of 5722
^^ I think so, but isn't AE 5th street a balmoral style semi-brogue boot, vs. the Peal BB punch cap oxford?
post #2362 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

^^ I think so, but isn't AE 5th street a balmoral style semi-brogue boot, vs. the Peal BB punch cap oxford?

Correction, Fifth Ave.
post #2363 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I'm looking at some Peal & Co. C&Js for the the next Corporate Discount sale. Is the C&J punch cap oxford notably sleeker than, say, the AE fifth avenue?

 

Yes, noticeably sleeker, but still a rounded toe.  I have both the Peal punchcap and the AE Park Avenue and notice a significant difference between the placement of the captoe line, how far the AE welt extends beyond the shoe at the toe and the overall sleekness.  Here are shots of both:

 

Peal.jpg

 

 

Park Avenues.JPG

post #2364 of 5722
^ the pictures you posted actually is contradictory to your claim.

The AE's appears sleeker.
post #2365 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

^ the pictures you posted actually is contradictory to your claim.
The AE's appears sleeker.

 

A side by side shot from the same camera angle would probably have been better.  The Park Avenue's captoe line is much closer to the toe (further from the laces) than the Peal and makes the PA toe look more stubby.  This is exacerbated on the Fifth Avenue due to the larger size of the perf cap.  The Park Avenue's welt is also more rounded than the Peal's and is much more visible (due to its extension) than the Peal's, which again enhances the stubby appearance.  The sillhouette of the upper for the Park Avenue is pretty comparable to the Peal, which is why I like my Park Avenues when viewing them from a distance/angle where the captoe line is not prominent and the welt not visible. 

 

Here's a different picture that shows the welt and the captoe line a little better:

 

Park Avenue1.JPG

post #2366 of 5722
386

Who is buying this stuff?!?!
post #2367 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesdance View Post

386
Who is buying this stuff?!?!

 

 

 

That's one of those cardigan's which I would love to wear just for ONE single day, but I would never pay money for it.

post #2368 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Probably September.  Which ones are you looking at?  There may be a cheaper way to get them before September.

Trying to get a pair of 5th avenues in brown. I've never seen these for sale at the Nordstrom's sale/etc.
post #2369 of 5722
Sold
Edited by Liquidus - 7/17/12 at 9:25pm
post #2370 of 5722
Went to a BB store today to try on Regent and Milano suits: Found out that the best fit is 39S in Regent and 41S in Milano, which coincidentally, both are not commonly available. ffffuuuu.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?