I took a look at a 43R Milano on my rack. Looks like you have about 1/2 inch on each seam available, so 1 inch per leg. Take the pants to your tailor and ask him how far he can go.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 158
Styleforum Top Picks
Yes, noticeably sleeker, but still a rounded toe. I have both the Peal punchcap and the AE Park Avenue and notice a significant difference between the placement of the captoe line, how far the AE welt extends beyond the shoe at the toe and the overall sleekness. Here are shots of both:
A side by side shot from the same camera angle would probably have been better. The Park Avenue's captoe line is much closer to the toe (further from the laces) than the Peal and makes the PA toe look more stubby. This is exacerbated on the Fifth Avenue due to the larger size of the perf cap. The Park Avenue's welt is also more rounded than the Peal's and is much more visible (due to its extension) than the Peal's, which again enhances the stubby appearance. The sillhouette of the upper for the Park Avenue is pretty comparable to the Peal, which is why I like my Park Avenues when viewing them from a distance/angle where the captoe line is not prominent and the welt not visible.
Here's a different picture that shows the welt and the captoe line a little better:
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 10 seconds ago
- › CHALLENGE: SW&D does "Traditional" DEADLINE JULY 12, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 9 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 10 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...