or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 142

post #2116 of 5722
at which price point (after discount) would the C&J captoes be worth purchasing? i've heard of some people getting it around 350? this goes for 40% off sometimes?

I'm assuming it is this one...
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=523&Product_Id=728929&Parent_Id=522&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=
post #2117 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

I don't think anyone at my work would notice if the drop of the jacket or the sleeve length was too short. That said, I don't like showing that much cuff and I guess I failed to notice just how much was shown in the model pick.
I need to try on a Regent in-store but a 40L Fitzgerald fits me very well off the rack and I like the look of the charcoal herringbone I own.
Like I said before, the buttons that come with it suck but that's an easy fix. I'll probably just ask the tailor I use what buttons he'd recommend since I'm still pretty new to all of this, and he's a master tailor with excellent reviews everywhere I look.

A good tailor is hard to find
post #2118 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

We are on the same page. I misinterpreted one of your posts.
cheers.gif
post #2119 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Zeller of Black Fleece 
Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers started when Anna Wintour suggested Thom Browne design a line with Brooks Brothers. We listened, and created Black Fleece in 2007. Initially, we had Black Fleece as a designer laboratory where we’d switch designers every couple of years. However, when we saw the demand and curiosity resulting from what Thom Browne created as our designer, we decided to continue our partnership.
link
Thanks.
post #2120 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboMax View Post

at which price point (after discount) would the C&J captoes be worth purchasing? i've heard of some people getting it around 350? this goes for 40% off sometimes?
I'm assuming it is this one...
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=523&Product_Id=728929&Parent_Id=522&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I think a decent discount is 30%, but IIRC the post holiday sales gets you a percentage plus a kicker. If you don't want to wait another 6 months I would just pull the trigger at 30%. There were also some lightweight captoes that were on sale that some people thought were C&Js that were on sale for around $250 in the past.
post #2121 of 5722

I saw a Brooks Brothers suit in Century 21 today. It was odd - sort of a 2-roll-1 lapel, leaving only the bottom button to be buttoned. It didn't seem right, as it buttoned well below the navel area. Does anyone know what suit this is and how to wear it? The retail price was listed as $1600.

post #2122 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I saw a Brooks Brothers suit in Century 21 today. It was odd - sort of a 2-roll-1 lapel, leaving only the bottom button to be buttoned. It didn't seem right, as it buttoned well below the navel area. Does anyone know what suit this is and how to wear it? The retail price was listed as $1600.

Sounds like a defective Golden Fleece two button suit.
post #2123 of 5722
Shoes are included TODAY ONLY at 30% off June 14th

Please PM me instead of shopping online to help a fellow member biggrin.gif


p.s. Semi Annual will only be 25%
post #2124 of 5722
Sleven, are your coworkers asking where you're getting all these orders from? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2125 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleven View Post

Shoes are included TODAY ONLY at 30% off June 14th
Please PM me instead of shopping online to help a fellow member biggrin.gif
p.s. Semi Annual will only be 25%

 

I assume that the semi-annual sale will exclude Cordovan shoes?  Itching for a pair, but don't need to have them immediately.

post #2126 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

A good tailor is hard to find

Agreed. I'm in Boston so at least there are many options and reviews to sift through.
post #2127 of 5722
post #2128 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I think a decent discount is 30%, but IIRC the post holiday sales gets you a percentage plus a kicker. If you don't want to wait another 6 months I would just pull the trigger at 30%. There were also some lightweight captoes that were on sale that some people thought were C&Js that were on sale for around $250 in the past.

30% off would make it about $450 after taxes. Do you think this shoe is worth $450? Any better options out there at that price point? (i can't do AE park/fifth ave due to the #5 last).
post #2129 of 5722

In regards to the classic buck, what do you think is the most versatile color that they offer. I'm leaning towards dark grey, though I'd love to get them in white. 

 

By versatile, I mean acceptable to work in a work environment that isn't traditional and has a liberal dress policy.

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=522&Product_Id=1630644&Parent_Id=1032&default_color=DARK-GREY&sort_by=lowestPrice&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null

 

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=522&Product_Id=1533388&Parent_Id=1032&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null

post #2130 of 5722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboMax View Post

30% off would make it about $450 after taxes. Do you think this shoe is worth $450? Any better options out there at that price point?
it all depends on your needs. imo, 30% is ok. I still believe the after holiday deal is better if you can wait and hope your size is available, and that's when your SA comes in..If the price comes out to be $450 with taxes for the BB C&J, I would rather go directly with C&J handgrade for a few extra bucks and better choices. That's assuming you know your size/fitting on a specific last.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?