or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 129

post #1921 of 6234
Thread Starter 
Quote:

OH DEAR, LINK NO LONGER WORKS
post #1922 of 6234
BB just added Coniston boots to sale, I'd buy if they weren't black fucking nubuck, price is higher too. Why not $150?biggrin.gif
post #1923 of 6234
post #1924 of 6234

Just a question, in terms of fit, are these suits pretty slim. like Fitzgerald, Regent, or Milano fit.

post #1925 of 6234
Someone kopped my charcoal BB2 suit while I am on the phone with my bank trying to re-mortgage my house to finance my suit purchase. censored.gif
post #1926 of 6234

Thanks for this, helped when I thought I had been locked out.
post #1927 of 6234

Being new into fashion and wanting to learn more about BB's Black Fleece line, I was doing some research when I cam across a few threads on askandyaboutclothes where people though BF was overpriced and poor quality. 

 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?72970-Brooks-Brothers-Black-Fleece

 

What's the issue here? Right or Wrong?

 

 

Not trying to stir the pot, just incredibly ignorant on the topic.

post #1928 of 6234
I think you need to check it out and come to your own conclusions. If you've just started reading SF/AAAC, etc., you'll find that people have varying perceptions of quality and value. The design, the love-him-or-hate-him nature of Thom Browne, and people's complicated feelings about the history of Brooks Brothers bring out the critics.

Plus, that AAAC thread is old--when the line first started it was more expensive and more of it was made in Italy.
post #1929 of 6234
I can't believe they won't let me stack my corporate discount on top of the 75% discount. ffffuuuu.gif
post #1930 of 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

I can't believe they won't let me stack my corporate discount on top of the 75% discount. ffffuuuu.gif

I tried. shog[1].gif
post #1931 of 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Being new into fashion and wanting to learn more about BB's Black Fleece line, I was doing some research when I cam across a few threads on askandyaboutclothes where people though BF was overpriced and poor quality. 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?72970-Brooks-Brothers-Black-Fleece
What's the issue here? Right or Wrong?
Not trying to stir the pot, just incredibly ignorant on the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

I think you need to check it out and come to your own conclusions. If you've just started reading SF/AAAC, etc., you'll find that people have varying perceptions of quality and value. The design, the love-him-or-hate-him nature of Thom Browne, and people's complicated feelings about the history of Brooks Brothers bring out the critics.
Plus, that AAAC thread is old--when the line first started it was more expensive and more of it was made in Italy.

Yeah suits were $2700 each and then dropped to $1900. For $400 you are getting a full canvas southwick made suit in pretty good quality fabric. It's a good deal. Epaulet has a half canvas Southwick for $595 or $650ish and once you add on pants these are half price. Pretty much the same cut but not as shrunken. My other two suits were a bit more than this and I had to shop / wait a long time to get them. And like shoreman said, plenty of people just outright hate Thom Browne so anything associated with him is bad. AAAC is also much more MC than SW&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Just a question, in terms of fit, are these suits pretty slim. like Fitzgerald, Regent, or Milano fit.

Fitz and Regent in 38S are a bit tight 40S doesn't feel right on me. BB2 is perfect. I like the more natural shoulders (Italian made ones have almost no padding) and the shorter length / sleeves as I'm short. Also it seems to be cut with higher armholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

anyone who needed a staple suit in a staple color that didnt kop the BBBF suit is an idiot. Just buy the damn thing and refund if doesnt fit. Shipping was free for christ's sake
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Was that shipping or sales tax?
Dude you buy everything all the time. You buy all the things. No offense.
The BBBF is for many not a "staple cut" whatever the fabric

It's pretty staple minus the lapels but if you are under 25 and 6 foot it should have been an autokop. I had the exact Navy one I'm pretty sure and a pretty similar Caruso gray one so I got the charcoal. You can always finish sleeves nonworking and cut the locker loop off the back if it's not for you. People should mention tailoring costs in this as some people probably would want to spend the money on working cuffs at the tailor.
post #1932 of 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Fitz and Regent in 38S are a bit tight 40S doesn't feel right on me. BB2 is perfect. I like the more natural shoulders (Italian made ones have almost no padding) and the shorter length / sleeves as I'm short. Also it seems to be cut with higher armholes.
 

 

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

post #1933 of 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

Ah ok, I'd say probably the slimmest? I don't have experience with those other than trying on every once in a while so can't be too sure. Americanish suits usually don't work for my shoulders as they are either two wide or too thin (front to back)
post #1934 of 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

From my experience with black fleece and the other BB suit lines, I would say for slimness milano > black fleece > fitzgerald. Milano seems to have a stronger drop than black fleece off the rack, but I am comparing a recent Milano to the season 1 black fleece. The fitzgerald fits like a sack suit on me compared to the other 2.

I typically wear a 36s/38s in RLBL (I'm in between the two due ot the exagerrated RLBL shoulders), and BB1 or milano 38s fit me with some waist suppression.

As someone else mentioned, if you are even considering it you should just pull the trigger. You can easily return it to a local BB or resell on the forums if it doesn't work.
post #1935 of 6234
Did anyone grab the suede wingtips and if so, could you provide the style number? Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?