Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:31 am in Classic Menswear
- What are your favorite labels? Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- BBBF flash sale Last post on 6/9/12 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- Sport coat for under $300? Last post on 12/8/11 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? - Page 97
Styleforum Top Picks
The price increase sucks, but I have $200 in BB gift cards sitting around without a purpose. A sale and the gift cards brings them down to the same price I would pay for a pair of Allen Edmonds and these look much nicer. I'm not entirely sure yet, though, and may think about it for awhile.
Yes, I've done it. You simply enter your corporate ID number and the computer does the rest. The downside is you have to pay shipping, which you would not have to do if you went to BB. You're also cutting your SA out of a commission, which will not help build the relationship. Because I've gotten wrong information from SA's during sales in the past, I usually just use the website to check to see if the current sale is one that offers a discount on the Brooks Buys. My BB is also a few blocks away, so I do not have the travel issue that you do.
That's saying your SAs are competent. The Stanford ones have never really given good service and always give false info that changes once I got in store. Much rather not deal with their constant bs and terrible service. I'm still amazed by how dumb they are sometimes.
Good SA's are few and far between. Like your experience, some of the Chicago SA's have told me blatantly wrong things about their products and prices. One even tried to convince me that there was nothing wrong with the jacket lapels bowing out considerably on a sport coat that was one size too small (since that was the only size he had in stock). That said, I've finally found a good SA who continually goes the extra mile for me, and I try to make sure I always make all my purchases through him.
i recently found out that being a member of the california bar allows you to get a BB corporate discount card
maybe you can still get a card before the day is over...
or just grab a coworker's card and use it for now
The suit was sold out. signing up for the corporate membership was easy
- When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 seconds ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 39 seconds ago
- › What are your pet peeves with shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...