Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 6/27/12 at 6:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Sartorialist Looks Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:46am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits - Page 32
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 7215/23/12 at 7:56amthe fit should be exceptional to be in the best of page. i saw like....maybe four exceptional fits on the previous page, and i'm being generous. honestly, why would a well-fitting, but utterly plebeian fit be considered one of the best? there should be at least a minimum requirement to be immortalized in this thread. there's no need to circle jerk the popular posters. they can have bad fits too.post #468 of 7215/23/12 at 11:39amThread StarterSo I should only be posting high concept/designer fits?
Personally IMO best of serves as a better waywt so people don't have to browse through dozens and dozens of pages to find fits they like, and believe me, I did, spanning three threads, and I only came up with a small handful. But those are the old WAYWT threads and if the criteria is high fashion then almost nothing would make it (though I suppose that's how you'd prefer it). I'd much rather a new member browse this thread for a really great example of an "utterly plebeian fit" than find some mediocre picture of a guy in a J.Crew sweater to go off.
I don't get this "circle jerk popular posters" bit, because I try as often as I can to include people who aren't the more "popular users", but surprisingly well dressed members tend to become very popular quickly. It's not exactly like there's a hidden mass of posters in the WAYWT posting fits of them in Rick and Schiender every day.post #469 of 7215/23/12 at 11:43ampost #470 of 7215/23/12 at 11:49ampost #471 of 7215/23/12 at 11:54amthat's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well. those kinds of fits shouldn't be posted here. It also cheapens the REALLY good fits of the consistently well-dressed if every single one of their fits get posted here. there are...also a good number of fits that should not even have made it to the cutting board...
Edited by nahneun - 5/23/12 at 12:12pmpost #472 of 7215/23/12 at 1:12pmThread StarterQuote:
There's plenty of fits from mellow, parker, and pinkpantster in this thread (if anything they are the most consistent entries...) and yet people are complaining about the thread being a circle jerk for popular posters. I don't get it, what do you want?post #473 of 7215/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #474 of 7215/23/12 at 1:41pmpost #475 of 7215/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
that defeats the purpose of a best of. then it's the official good fits thread. there's a noticeable difference between a good fit and an exceptional fit.post #476 of 7215/23/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
Best of doesn't really denote 'exceptional,' in practice this is the 'good fits' thread. If you go through the real WAYWT thread, 80% of it is chatter and 20% fits, half of which (if that?) are 'good,' so imo a good fits thread serves a useful purpose. If you want a true Hall of Fame someone (a mod) would have to curate it, like on SZ.
This thread has died in the past for months at a time, I'd rather have the occasional unexceptional fit than a nonexistent thread. I'm not really opposed to having a Hall of Fame at all but the setup would have to be different, I think.post #477 of 7215/23/12 at 3:03pmhow does best of not denote exceptional? if you're exceptional among a legion of shitty fits, it's still the "best" of those because it's exceptional in comparison to the rest. there is a good number of sfers who are not aesthetically challenged, so we shouldn't be setting the bar so low for what we consider the best. we have a few EXCEPTIONAL fits, a fair number of REALLY good fits, a lot more GOOD fits, and the rest are forgettable or terrible. i think this thread should be showcasing all the EXCEPTIONAL fits and a few of the REALLY good fits (because this can be the subjective), not every single sf approved fit. if every single decent fit is going to make it into this thread, then i call for a thread name change then, because there are too many pics that shouldn't even be considered best in the waywt thread. the bar is set way too low right now. think of a standard bell curve. only stuff two devs above should be here. maybe a few 1.5s.post #478 of 7215/23/12 at 3:19pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by nahneun
that's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well.
I actually really liked the detailing on the sweater, it retains the minimalist look without being just another cheap black turtle neck IMO. I can imagine wearing it with some nice slim dark trousers and an overcoat (ToJ with leather accent, most definitely).post #479 of 7215/23/12 at 3:29pm
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Cars We Drive! 8 seconds ago
- › Jacket alterations: rolling lapel lower, etc 28 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 59 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 2 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...