Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 1/20/15 at 9:14am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:05am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits - Page 32
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 7285/23/12 at 7:56amthe fit should be exceptional to be in the best of page. i saw like....maybe four exceptional fits on the previous page, and i'm being generous. honestly, why would a well-fitting, but utterly plebeian fit be considered one of the best? there should be at least a minimum requirement to be immortalized in this thread. there's no need to circle jerk the popular posters. they can have bad fits too.post #468 of 7285/23/12 at 11:39amThread StarterSo I should only be posting high concept/designer fits?
Personally IMO best of serves as a better waywt so people don't have to browse through dozens and dozens of pages to find fits they like, and believe me, I did, spanning three threads, and I only came up with a small handful. But those are the old WAYWT threads and if the criteria is high fashion then almost nothing would make it (though I suppose that's how you'd prefer it). I'd much rather a new member browse this thread for a really great example of an "utterly plebeian fit" than find some mediocre picture of a guy in a J.Crew sweater to go off.
I don't get this "circle jerk popular posters" bit, because I try as often as I can to include people who aren't the more "popular users", but surprisingly well dressed members tend to become very popular quickly. It's not exactly like there's a hidden mass of posters in the WAYWT posting fits of them in Rick and Schiender every day.post #469 of 7285/23/12 at 11:43ampost #470 of 7285/23/12 at 11:49ampost #471 of 7285/23/12 at 11:54amthat's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well. those kinds of fits shouldn't be posted here. It also cheapens the REALLY good fits of the consistently well-dressed if every single one of their fits get posted here. there are...also a good number of fits that should not even have made it to the cutting board...
Edited by nahneun - 5/23/12 at 12:12pmpost #472 of 7285/23/12 at 1:12pmThread StarterQuote:
There's plenty of fits from mellow, parker, and pinkpantster in this thread (if anything they are the most consistent entries...) and yet people are complaining about the thread being a circle jerk for popular posters. I don't get it, what do you want?post #473 of 7285/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #474 of 7285/23/12 at 1:41pmpost #475 of 7285/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
that defeats the purpose of a best of. then it's the official good fits thread. there's a noticeable difference between a good fit and an exceptional fit.post #476 of 7285/23/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
Best of doesn't really denote 'exceptional,' in practice this is the 'good fits' thread. If you go through the real WAYWT thread, 80% of it is chatter and 20% fits, half of which (if that?) are 'good,' so imo a good fits thread serves a useful purpose. If you want a true Hall of Fame someone (a mod) would have to curate it, like on SZ.
This thread has died in the past for months at a time, I'd rather have the occasional unexceptional fit than a nonexistent thread. I'm not really opposed to having a Hall of Fame at all but the setup would have to be different, I think.post #477 of 7285/23/12 at 3:03pmhow does best of not denote exceptional? if you're exceptional among a legion of shitty fits, it's still the "best" of those because it's exceptional in comparison to the rest. there is a good number of sfers who are not aesthetically challenged, so we shouldn't be setting the bar so low for what we consider the best. we have a few EXCEPTIONAL fits, a fair number of REALLY good fits, a lot more GOOD fits, and the rest are forgettable or terrible. i think this thread should be showcasing all the EXCEPTIONAL fits and a few of the REALLY good fits (because this can be the subjective), not every single sf approved fit. if every single decent fit is going to make it into this thread, then i call for a thread name change then, because there are too many pics that shouldn't even be considered best in the waywt thread. the bar is set way too low right now. think of a standard bell curve. only stuff two devs above should be here. maybe a few 1.5s.post #478 of 7285/23/12 at 3:19pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by nahneun
that's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well.
I actually really liked the detailing on the sweater, it retains the minimalist look without being just another cheap black turtle neck IMO. I can imagine wearing it with some nice slim dark trousers and an overcoat (ToJ with leather accent, most definitely).post #479 of 7285/23/12 at 3:29pm
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits
- The Current State of Americana
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...