Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 6/27/12 at 6:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Sartorialist Looks Last post on 10/21/13 at 1:24pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 3/29/13 at 1:42pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits - Page 32
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 7185/23/12 at 7:56amthe fit should be exceptional to be in the best of page. i saw like....maybe four exceptional fits on the previous page, and i'm being generous. honestly, why would a well-fitting, but utterly plebeian fit be considered one of the best? there should be at least a minimum requirement to be immortalized in this thread. there's no need to circle jerk the popular posters. they can have bad fits too.post #468 of 7185/23/12 at 11:39amThread StarterSo I should only be posting high concept/designer fits?
Personally IMO best of serves as a better waywt so people don't have to browse through dozens and dozens of pages to find fits they like, and believe me, I did, spanning three threads, and I only came up with a small handful. But those are the old WAYWT threads and if the criteria is high fashion then almost nothing would make it (though I suppose that's how you'd prefer it). I'd much rather a new member browse this thread for a really great example of an "utterly plebeian fit" than find some mediocre picture of a guy in a J.Crew sweater to go off.
I don't get this "circle jerk popular posters" bit, because I try as often as I can to include people who aren't the more "popular users", but surprisingly well dressed members tend to become very popular quickly. It's not exactly like there's a hidden mass of posters in the WAYWT posting fits of them in Rick and Schiender every day.post #469 of 7185/23/12 at 11:43ampost #470 of 7185/23/12 at 11:49ampost #471 of 7185/23/12 at 11:54amthat's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well. those kinds of fits shouldn't be posted here. It also cheapens the REALLY good fits of the consistently well-dressed if every single one of their fits get posted here. there are...also a good number of fits that should not even have made it to the cutting board...
Edited by nahneun - 5/23/12 at 12:12pmpost #472 of 7185/23/12 at 1:12pmThread StarterQuote:
There's plenty of fits from mellow, parker, and pinkpantster in this thread (if anything they are the most consistent entries...) and yet people are complaining about the thread being a circle jerk for popular posters. I don't get it, what do you want?post #473 of 7185/23/12 at 1:30pmpost #474 of 7185/23/12 at 1:41pmpost #475 of 7185/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
that defeats the purpose of a best of. then it's the official good fits thread. there's a noticeable difference between a good fit and an exceptional fit.post #476 of 7185/23/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
Best of doesn't really denote 'exceptional,' in practice this is the 'good fits' thread. If you go through the real WAYWT thread, 80% of it is chatter and 20% fits, half of which (if that?) are 'good,' so imo a good fits thread serves a useful purpose. If you want a true Hall of Fame someone (a mod) would have to curate it, like on SZ.
This thread has died in the past for months at a time, I'd rather have the occasional unexceptional fit than a nonexistent thread. I'm not really opposed to having a Hall of Fame at all but the setup would have to be different, I think.post #477 of 7185/23/12 at 3:03pmhow does best of not denote exceptional? if you're exceptional among a legion of shitty fits, it's still the "best" of those because it's exceptional in comparison to the rest. there is a good number of sfers who are not aesthetically challenged, so we shouldn't be setting the bar so low for what we consider the best. we have a few EXCEPTIONAL fits, a fair number of REALLY good fits, a lot more GOOD fits, and the rest are forgettable or terrible. i think this thread should be showcasing all the EXCEPTIONAL fits and a few of the REALLY good fits (because this can be the subjective), not every single sf approved fit. if every single decent fit is going to make it into this thread, then i call for a thread name change then, because there are too many pics that shouldn't even be considered best in the waywt thread. the bar is set way too low right now. think of a standard bell curve. only stuff two devs above should be here. maybe a few 1.5s.post #478 of 7185/23/12 at 3:19pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by nahneun
that's not what i'm saying, but there should be something outstanding about the fit. for example, how did steve jobs get a place here (sorry to call you out, but it's very memorable for being unmemorable, as you might imagine)? it's a black turtleneck with worn denim. there's absolutely nothing special about it besides the fact that it fits well.
I actually really liked the detailing on the sweater, it retains the minimalist look without being just another cheap black turtle neck IMO. I can imagine wearing it with some nice slim dark trousers and an overcoat (ToJ with leather accent, most definitely).post #479 of 7185/23/12 at 3:29pm
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 38 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOW MANY PAIRS OF JEANS DO YOU OWN? 7 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of jeans do you own? 11 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 13 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 15 minutes ago
- › Tie sale (Brioni, Canali, Viktor & Rolf ) 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)