• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian American Overachievers when test taking endsing ends.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i read this the other day. seeing as how i'm asian american... i can relate to this to a certain extent.

i hope a bamboo ceiling doesn't exist..

kxk

Reaction score
"And yet the numbers tell a different story. According to a recent study, Asian-­Americans represent roughly 5 percent of the population but only 0.3 percent of corporate officers, less than 1 percent of corporate board members, and around 2 percent of college presidents. There are nine Asian-American CEOs in the Fortune 500. "

If 0.3% of corporate officers, but 1% of corporate board members...

I also wonder how big a role pipeline plays. Sure, in the past 10 years, Asian-Americans have dominated higher education, but was that also the case 30-40 years ago?

I also get a feeling that a lot of the high-achieving asians bred by their tiger mothers tend to go into law/med/finance, or "follow their hearts", neither of which are really the fast track for F500 C-suite positions.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think as a whole, one of the major disadvantages asians have is that on average, they tend to be less attractive than the average caucasian, hispanic, black person, or whatnot. There's just something about asian features that simply isn't appealing. And I'm Korean.

I may just have a biased lens, but if you were to have the 0-10 hotness scale as the x-axis on a graph and the y-axis as proportion of population, and you applied the normal bell-curve, the midpoint of the curve where the vast majority of the people are, would not be at 5. It would be more like 3.5 or 4.

The average asian girl has small ****, no ass, and is just not shapely. The average asian dude is short, scrawny, and ugly. I would say that asian guys get as much loving from white girls as black girls get from white guys. To me, I'm just not attracted to the average black girl. They just aren't appealing for some reason. They look foreign and it makes me scared to approach them or even think about them in a sexual light.

Even as an asian myself, I find asians to look very foreign and alien. And that makes you unapproachable. I also find a lot of asian kids to be very socially awkward. I am too myself.

Asians are also more likely to be found in premed, finance, math, computer science, or engineering classes. And asians are more likely to have better grades. What do these concentrations all have in common? They tend to lead to higher-paying jobs.

What does this all boil down to? Resentment and a lack of respect for the asian. People resent them because they are unapproachable, self-segregating, and over achievers. People don't take them as seriously because they tend to be uglier, nerdier, weirder, and more awkward.

I am by no means trolling. I'm curious to see what non-asians think about asians and would love to field some questions you have. I will try to answer them.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I think as a whole, one of the major disadvantages asians have is that on average, they tend to be less attractive than the average caucasian, hispanic, black person, or whatnot. There's just something about asian features that simply isn't appealing. And I'm Korean. I may just have a biased lens, but if you were to have the 0-10 hotness scale as the x-axis on a graph and the y-axis as proportion of population, and you applied the normal bell-curve, the midpoint of the curve where the vast majority of the people are, would not be at 5. It would be more like 3.5 or 4. The average asian girl has small ****, no ass, and is just not shapely. The average asian dude is short, scrawny, and ugly. I would say that asian guys get as much loving from white girls as black girls get from white guys. To me, I'm just not attracted to the average black girl. They just aren't appealing for some reason. They look foreign and it makes me scared to approach them or even think about them in a sexual light. Even as an asian myself, I find asians to look very foreign and alien. And that makes you unapproachable. I also find a lot of asian kids to be very socially awkward. I am too myself. Asians are also more likely to be found in premed, finance, math, computer science, or engineering classes. And asians are more likely to have better grades. What do these concentrations all have in common? They tend to lead to higher-paying jobs. What does this all boil down to? Resentment and a lack of respect for the asian. People resent them because they are unapproachable, self-segregating, and over achievers. People don't take them as seriously because they tend to be uglier, nerdier, weirder, and more awkward. I am by no means trolling. I'm curious to see what non-asians think about asians and would love to field some questions you have. I will try to answer them.
You left out small penis.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
You left out small penis.

That's also true, for the most part. Mine isn't tiny. It's not huge. It's smack-dab-in-the-middle average.

I haven't really seen asian penises since I'm not gay, but one gay kid i know said that the asian kids he hooks up with tend to have smaller penises than the non-asian kids. Take that as what you will, since he's only one person.

So to all the other asian dudes out there: suck it up, the stereotype is true. Not all asian dudes have tiny penises, but on average, they are smaller.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This applies to all foreigners who focused way too much on test taking, and not enough on developing themselves into holistic people with dreams, ambitions, and goals.

It is not strictly Asian. They're just the biggest minority that ascribes to this notion. Hell, there are even marsupialed white people who act like Asians and get to the same place as the rest of the Asians who do this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's also true, for the most part. Mine isn't tiny. It's not huge. It's smack-dab-in-the-middle average.

I haven't really seen asian penises since I'm not gay, but one gay kid i know said that the asian kids he hooks up with tend to have smaller penises than the non-asian kids. Take that as what you will, since he's only one person.

So to all the other asian dudes out there: suck it up, the stereotype is true. Not all asian dudes have tiny penises, but on average, they are smaller.

Hmmm... I suspect that you say "kid I know" when you mean "me."

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hmmm... I suspect that you say "kid I know" when you mean "me."

lol no.

he's a co-worker at the office i work at. he is very open about his life in general, and his sex life, so I end up having to listen to him talk a lot.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol no.

he's a co-worker at the office i work at. he is very open about his life in general, and his sex life, so I end up having to listen to him talk a lot.

Uh huh.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Uh huh.

ok you caught me. i am a gaysian and i am sorely disappointed by the tiny penises of my fellow gaysian brethren.

what gave it away?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So basically you're saying Asians have small penises.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
They do. My friend's brother is gay and has all kinds of horror stories of hope and anticipation turned disappointment at something resembling the girth of a straw. :/

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
So basically you're saying Asians have small penises.

I guess, on average. I mean, all stereotypes are based on at least some shred of fact, right?

I read this BBC article a long time ago, saying how there is an international standard for condom sizes, and in India, they had to decrease the size of condoms there because they were too big for Indian men. Something along those lines. I always cite that article when my Indian friends try to make fun of me and say I have a small penis -- as if it wouldn't apply to them either, lol.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Asians are not at the top of the corporate ladder because the abilities they posess limit them to positions where they are most needed. They are highly analytical people, good at facts and computing, however in my experience here at my company, don't posess many of the social qualities of a leader. They tend to get into positions where they are really good at analysis and managers don't promote them because they don't want to lose that asset. Being an executive takes a lot of personality and a person who knows how to work corporate politics. I'm not saying Asians are not capable, but I can easily name 20 Asians in my company that fall into the category that I have stated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads