or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things your dumb friends post on facebook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things your dumb friends post on facebook - Page 150

post #2236 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Not a friend, but a friend of a friend who commented on a post:
Congrats, you suck at statistics and meteorology!

Weighted probability you say?
post #2237 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Not a friend, but a friend of a friend who commented on a post:
Congrats, you suck at statistics and meteorology!

Ugh, that reminds me. I was walking between buildings on campus today, and I sensed that some guy was angling for a pretext to talk to me. I tried to avoid him, but it didn't work. Turns out he has a Master's in statistics and wanted to share with me the common errors that people make in statistics. (Apropos of what?, you might be asking yourself. Apropos of nothing at all.) The reason meteorologists are always wrong, he assured me, is that they don't understand statistics. If the coin comes up heads one time, that tells you nothing about how the coin will come up next time. (That is called "independence," he informed me.) I didn't quite follow how meteorologists are guilty of this error, to be honest. I was just smiling and nodding and saying uh-huh at the right times.
post #2238 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Ugh, that reminds me. I was walking between buildings on campus today, and I sensed that some guy was angling for a pretext to talk to me. I tried to avoid him, but it didn't work. Turns out he has a Master's in statistics and wanted to share with me the common errors that people make in statistics. (Apropos of what?, you might be asking yourself. Apropos of nothing at all.) The reason meteorologists are always wrong, he assured me, is that they don't understand statistics. If the coin comes up heads one time, that tells you nothing about how the coin will come up next time. (That is called "independence," he informed me.) I didn't quite follow how meteorologists are guilty of this error, to be honest. I was just smiling and nodding and saying uh-huh at the right times.

smile.gif uh-huh. smile.gif







puzzled.gif
post #2239 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Only as punishment for not eating dinner or tidying her room. She looks 12 years old for christ sake!

In what fucking time dilated universe?
post #2240 of 5452

This was just posted by a friend with "Glaucoma" 

Happy super blunt sunday, may all your bowls be super!

post #2241 of 5452

First post but i have been bottling up my hatred for idiots on facebook for a long time...

 

People who post fake stuff like a rare spider is hiding under toilets and will kill you..... Heres an idea check snopes before you post it instead of passing on a rumor that has been around since aol 4.0.

 

People who post obviously twisted statistics to try and push their political views on you.... 

 

People who post a million pictures of their kids

 

People who post a million pictures of their pets

 

People who complain about complaining 

 

I could write a book on stupid things people say on facebook...

post #2242 of 5452
So basically..."Facebook."
post #2243 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

So basically..."Facebook."

nod[1].gif
post #2244 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

nod[1].gif

How many college-aged female friends do you have on FB?
post #2245 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Martini View Post

First post but i have been bottling up my hatred for idiots on facebook for a long time...

People who post fake stuff like a rare spider is hiding under toilets and will kill you..... Heres an idea check snopes before you post it instead of passing on a rumor that has been around since aol 4.0.

People who post obviously twisted statistics to try and push their political views on you.... 

People who post a million pictures of their kids

People who post a million pictures of their pets

People who complain about complaining 

I could write a book on stupid things people say on facebook...

Good post. I approve.
post #2246 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

So basically..."Facebook."

DITTO
post #2247 of 5452
lol.... social climbing cousin of mine's been posting pictures of her in a baby shower party thingie for her "besty"/bff/her-ticket-to-climbing-the-social-ladder who happens to be married into a very rich and visible family here. this party happened more than a week ago, and she's still posting pics up till last night. and I don't even see tagged pictures of her from that party taken by other people.
post #2248 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

How many college-aged female friends do you have on FB?

College???

Too old...
post #2249 of 5452
"If you believe me, it means you have to disbelieve yourself." <3 God
post #2250 of 5452
Life is Good
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things your dumb friends post on facebook