or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › 3 roll 2 Peak Lapel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3 roll 2 Peak Lapel - Page 2

post #16 of 31
It has all the incongruities that make a Mashburn original a Mashburn original. The 3/2 roll with peak lapels. The slouchy shoulders. The Glenn Plaid with patch pockets. Sid always says he prides himself on not being too polished or too perfect; keep it playful and original. To me it is a clear instance of "the Devil is in the details". Props to a dude who can look so comfortable in an outfit with so many quirks.
post #17 of 31
Check out Jason Marhsall, the Jazz musician. He posts here and on Ask Andy and his homepage has some interesting photos of him. I believe he's worked though from a 3 button down to a one button with peak lapels.

I do like the idea of the peak lapel sport coat and can see it in a more casual suit, ideally in a midnight navy to be worn at night. It's generally outside of the scope of classic men's wear though..
post #18 of 31
My Cuci is like this. I like it.
post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuceman View Post
Check out Jason Marhsall, the Jazz musician. He posts here and on Ask Andy and his homepage has some interesting photos of him. I believe he's worked though from a 3 button down to a one button with peak lapels.

I do like the idea of the peak lapel sport coat and can see it in a more casual suit, ideally in a midnight navy to be worn at night. It's generally outside of the scope of classic men's wear though..

I saw one at Ercole wait for a fitting with all lapped seams, spalla shoulders, patch pockets. Looked amazing.
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I am probably in the minority on this one, but I think a true 3 roll 2 can be substituted in any situation a 2 button would work, which is I guess, always. I think people are having a hard time getting over the peaks, but honestly I don't think most people notice the difference.

Peak away!

+1 on this.

Do the peaks, but keep the proportions sane. Don't end up like Lapo
post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
My Cuci is like this. I like it.

That's what she said.
post #22 of 31
I think you are tall enough to do it. I have seen a few Cucinelli's that look very good in a peak 3-2. Go for it.
post #23 of 31
I don't hate the idea, but the size of lapels keeps forcing my mind's eye to pull the one half of the jacket over the other into a d/b configuration. I guess it would more congruous to me as a one-button peak a la Huntsman.
post #24 of 31
I take more offense to the patch pocket/peak combo than the 3/2 peak combo.
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Louche View Post
I take more offense to the patch pocket/peak combo than the 3/2 peak combo.

I think the key is to have a patch breast pocket with patch side pockets. A normal breast pocket with side patch pockets looks like a mistake to me and gives a jacket a kind of identity crisis.
post #26 of 31
not a fan. plus the patch pockets and fabric also add to the mix and the whole thing looks confusing to me.
post #27 of 31
post #28 of 31
nah, I don't get it. The third button adds nothing Spoo. The lapel is rolled so hard it serves no functional purpose and it's a distraction from the beautiful peaks. what kind of crappy designer made that thing ;-)
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuceman View Post
Check out Jason Marhsall, the Jazz musician. He posts here and on Ask Andy and his homepage has some interesting photos of him. I believe he's worked though from a 3 button down to a one button with peak lapels.

I do like the idea of the peak lapel sport coat and can see it in a more casual suit, ideally in a midnight navy to be worn at night. It's generally outside of the scope of classic men's wear though..
i just bought a 3/2, split-peak. wore it for the first time tonight. love it. i think if the button stance is low enough the it can work quite well. as for patch pockets with peak lapels i don't mind it at all:
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
nah, I don't get it. The third button adds nothing Spoo. The lapel is rolled so hard it serves no functional purpose and it's a distraction from the beautiful peaks.


what kind of crappy designer made that thing ;-)

I agree with you - however it does not bother me so much. Just showing Rob a pic since he asked for one. You know what crap designer made this
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › 3 roll 2 Peak Lapel