or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Review: Custom leather briefcase from Narragansett Leathers in Maine, US.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Custom leather briefcase from Narragansett Leathers in Maine, US. - Page 5

post #61 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post
It is a simple, rugged bag. And again: very beautiful. I love the one I bought for my wife, and she does too. But it's more Filson than it is Hermes. I think it's totally workplace appropriate and so forth, but it is a very different product from what one might buy at April in Paris, in San Francisco, for example. Also: a very different price point. But a different aesthetic, and a different type of workmanship.

Yes, I think this is much of the bag's appeal for me (I'll likely never be a Hermes customer, though).

It, in 20 years, will be even more beautiful. Just don't baby it, Mr. Moo.
post #62 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
Yes, I think this is much of the bag's appeal for me (I'll likely never be a Hermes customer, though).

It, in 20 years, will be even more beautiful. Just don't baby it, Mr. Moo.

I won't be babying it, that's for sure.
post #63 of 100
I think this bag is really beautiful. The color is excellent, and the simple design is wonderful. I love the way the handle curves slightly over the 2 flap straps and the contrast between the stitched/un-stitched elements. The photographs are great; it sure looks good against white and eucalypotus green!

I contacted Mr. McKinnon last night about a possible bag and he provided a long, clear reply within 12 hours, with additional photos. Very nice.
post #64 of 100
any comparisons to customhide?
post #65 of 100
I love the color of the bag. Narragansett Leathers wasn't even on my radar, but I'll keep them in mind.
post #66 of 100
These are really great. Is there some antiquing to the leather or is that a photo artifact/my eyes playing tricks on me? If I had to nitpick, i think the finishing on the Glaser is better, but this is half the price or even less (it looks like), and you're probably going for the more 'rustic' Filson look anyway...
post #67 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post
any comparisons to customhide?

Sorry, I am not familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
I think this bag is really beautiful. The color is excellent, and the simple design is wonderful. I love the way the handle curves slightly over the 2 flap straps and the contrast between the stitched/un-stitched elements. The photographs are great; it sure looks good against white and eucalypotus green!

I contacted Mr. McKinnon last night about a possible bag and he provided a long, clear reply within 12 hours, with additional photos. Very nice.

excellent! What will you be ordering, if anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncesomeone View Post
I love the color of the bag. Narragansett Leathers wasn't even on my radar, but I'll keep them in mind.

I was in the same boat as you until a random Google search, and I'm verrry happy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
These are really great. Is there some antiquing to the leather or is that a photo artifact/my eyes playing tricks on me?

If I had to nitpick, i think the finishing on the Glaser is better, but this is half the price or even less (it looks like), and you're probably going for the more 'rustic' Filson look anyway...

No antiquing - just a very slight variation in leather color/depth, which is how it's finished at Wickett & Craig.

Glaser finishing is probably better... they hand dye and hand something else, etc. but it's about 3x the price.
post #68 of 100
Requesting updated pic of said briefcase!
post #69 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaymanX View Post
Requesting updated pic of said briefcase!

Looks about the same. Ask in a year.
post #70 of 100
Looks fantastic.
post #71 of 100
O hai there:







post #72 of 100
Thread Starter 
nice one! Do you have it in your possession?
post #73 of 100
Alan shipped it out two days ago. I'll post more pictures when it arrives. He's an amazing guy.
post #74 of 100
Yo Moo, did you get a shoulder strap with your briefcase? Using it for the first time today, bends the shit out of the side of the front flap. Sick bag though, bigger than I expected for sure.
post #75 of 100
FYI, I just got an email from the owner saying that they are not accepting any orders for 2011 (I assume this is for the briefcases), but there seems to be a waiting list of sorts in case someone cancels.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Review: Custom leather briefcase from Narragansett Leathers in Maine, US.