• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't get my bachelors thesis done

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Assassinate the professor and work with his/her replacement.

Alternatively, convince him/her to retire to a Pakistani McMansion.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Assassinate the professor and work with his/her replacement.

Alternatively, convince him/her to retire to a Pakistani McMansion.

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that I can neither change the professor nor the topic.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timotune
Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that I can neither change the professor nor the topic.

Then change your attitude.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
find a wholeseller who sells family size nescafe tubs.

close your phone and sign out of all social networks.

- start !

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys,

my thesis is due in July and I don't know, how I will make it...
I don't like the professor I am working with, I don't like my topic and I am going crazy soon.

Help me.

You've just got to get it done, and well enough to pass. A pass is all you need. Sounds like it's too late to change profs or topics, so get off your ass and force yourself to get through it. You've come too far to screw things up now.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Hi guys,

my thesis is due in July and I don't know, how I will make it...
I don't like the professor I am working with, I don't like my topic and I am going crazy soon.

Help me.

suck it up son, life never gets easier than the college years.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually all about finding something you like in every assignment, but sometimes, you just have to get it done. Just man up and do it -- it's just research and writing, even if you curse at your prof the whole time, just do it (and get yourself somewhere the heck away from the internet).
Originally Posted by JayJay
You've just got to get it done, and well enough to pass. A pass is all you need. Sounds like it's too late to change profs or topics, so get off your ass and force yourself to get through it. You've come too far to screw things up now.
+1

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What major are you? I have to bullshit most of my data and I won 2nd place within my major. Knowing statistics and have a strong command of SAS help though. The rest is presentation. No one reads your report other than your adviser. And do invite everyone you know from your dorm; give them prepared questions to ask you, so you don't get thrown off guard. This is how you engineer thesis success. You'd have to do it again for your dissertation or more advanced degrees down the road anyways.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get off SF and focus...

jfclarky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jungshoe
i wouldn't condone it, but you could always hire one of these guys . . .
http://chronicle.com/article/The-Shadow-Scholar/125329/

haha, I've read that. I've also used people to revise my papers as well. Worth it i think, i am not a writer i am a math person.

we aren't all born with the ability to be word-smiths, i will beat your ass with math though.

Man, sack up! write your paper and take it someone in the writing lab and have them review it. This is up to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics