Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 10/21/16 at 10:56am in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread - Page 36post #527 of 55811/4/15 at 12:20ampost #528 of 55811/4/15 at 9:49ampost #529 of 55811/5/15 at 12:50ampost #530 of 55811/5/15 at 8:10ampost #531 of 55811/5/15 at 8:28ampost #532 of 55811/5/15 at 9:52amI only have one Drakes tie, which is very nice, but you may not get much pro/con discussion in here since this is Vanda's official sponsored thread.
If you want more opinions you might try asking in either of these threads, which are more heavily trafficked anyway:
I like the designs both makers offer, but what sold me personally on giving Vanda a shot was the ability to choose the width and length, since I'm a small dude and need a shorter tie.post #533 of 55811/5/15 at 10:04ampost #534 of 55811/18/15 at 11:56pmHi gents,
We would like to know how we can serve your needs better!
Please spare us five minutes of your time to complete our survey (link below). To thank you for your effort, you may choose between free regular shipping, or 10% off your total bill, so be sure to click through till the end.
The survey and discount codes will be valid till 2359hrs on 24 Nov (Tuesday), GMT+8.
Click here to start the survey now: http://goo.gl/forms/Y9wkneuaMf
Geraldpost #535 of 55811/19/15 at 10:22amQuote:
Needless to say Gerald and Diana don't weigh in on stuff like this -- and I think this is not a sponsored thread from Vanda, but rather a fan thread? -- but I'll contribute.
I think Vanda ties are superior to Drakes in both quality and value. I've had a few Drakes and they're great ties, but I've found the handwork and fabrics to be finer on Vandas. I've sold all my Drakes at this point and nearly only buy ties from Vanda. The construction on Drakes is a bit more traditional, and if that's what you're looking for, they're a great option. But I'm more interested in the expression of the fabric than the expression of whatever lining/image the maker has in mind, so I've stuck with Vanda through and through. Gerald and Diana also offer a personal touch that you can only get with a small outfit, which I appreciate. I also find they're extremely creative in sourcing new and interesting fabrics, and have a greater range of textures than most other makers.post #536 of 55811/19/15 at 10:26amI agree with this speaker ^
I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.post #537 of 55811/19/15 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
I agree with this speaker ^
I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.post #538 of 55811/19/15 at 10:49ampost #539 of 55811/19/15 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
I agree with this speaker ^
I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.
I'd say my closet is pretty similar to @justinkapur's. I have 2 non-Vanda ties I wear regularly and about 20 Vandas I wear regularly. Plus, 10 squares or so. Oh and all my Vandas are 3.25" x 59", my favored tie dimensions. It's just good to know when you put the thing on that it's exactly what you want.
I should also say that a few of the ties are from their very first collection and look good as new. So I know when I buy one it'll last forever.post #540 of 55811/19/15 at 12:14pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...