Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Help me find a tie with this pattern/design! (Picture included) Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie Swap Box UK / Europe Edition Last post on 2/2/14 at 12:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Formality/dressiness hierarchy for pumps and oxfords Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Tux and Bow Tie vs. The Dark Suit and Straight Tie at Black-Tie Events. The WSJ weighs in Last post on 10/5/11 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread - Page 19
Styleforum Top Picks
If you like multi-stripe/block stripe ties (I know there are some on the forum who don't categorically), I can highly recommend it. The wool silk blend has a great texture. Overall, it's typical Vanda: light, good drape, knots nicely. I did struggle a bit figuring out how to coordinate, but I think the final result worked out, although I'm uncertain about the square.
Beige/Sand color square that has some blue/brown in it (a Drake's in last winter season). Actually, why not a purple of some sort. Would be different, but set off nicely against brown. Just two thoughts. I feel like the square looks too close to the brown (is it rust?), but hard to tell from the pic. Perhaps that's what you are thinking as well (a bit too matched)?
The square is a brown/red/green madder from Hober. Similar to this but not in stock at the moment. I tried a beige Drake's and Vanda purple; the former seemed too matchy, and the latter was good but decided against it at the last moment. I also considered a green Drake's, which I think might have been the way to go.
Ah, the tie is beige not silver striped? I still like purple!
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
Really nicely. It has a lightweight interlining, and from what I can tell, no padding (or at least near impossible to detect). The interlining controls the shell fabric well, but is thin enough to allow the fabric to dimple handsomely. Like with all of Vanda's ties, I find this one to be more "true" to the shell fabric itself, rather than be too stiff or beefy, like some maker's products.
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
They have a lot of love on this forum and I know they have a good number of customers here. But they would be aided by more pics from said customers. It's helpful to see the ties in another context.
I asked about the knot because I picked up a Drake's rust donegal in one of the sales. The knot is, shall we say, substantial even though the tie is untipped. Perhaps it's partly the lining...
Square is lovely too, btw. Does it work well with the herringbone? I'm trying to think what squares would do well with a coat of that pattern.
I do wish Vanda had more classic English fabrics though. I am sure they are limited by the small scale of their operation, so it would be benefit us all of their customer base grew.
- The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 27 seconds ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Watch Abilene Christian vs Georgia State Live 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)