Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Help me find a tie with this pattern/design! (Picture included) Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread - Page 19
Styleforum Top Picks
If you like multi-stripe/block stripe ties (I know there are some on the forum who don't categorically), I can highly recommend it. The wool silk blend has a great texture. Overall, it's typical Vanda: light, good drape, knots nicely. I did struggle a bit figuring out how to coordinate, but I think the final result worked out, although I'm uncertain about the square.
Beige/Sand color square that has some blue/brown in it (a Drake's in last winter season). Actually, why not a purple of some sort. Would be different, but set off nicely against brown. Just two thoughts. I feel like the square looks too close to the brown (is it rust?), but hard to tell from the pic. Perhaps that's what you are thinking as well (a bit too matched)?
The square is a brown/red/green madder from Hober. Similar to this but not in stock at the moment. I tried a beige Drake's and Vanda purple; the former seemed too matchy, and the latter was good but decided against it at the last moment. I also considered a green Drake's, which I think might have been the way to go.
Ah, the tie is beige not silver striped? I still like purple!
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
Really nicely. It has a lightweight interlining, and from what I can tell, no padding (or at least near impossible to detect). The interlining controls the shell fabric well, but is thin enough to allow the fabric to dimple handsomely. Like with all of Vanda's ties, I find this one to be more "true" to the shell fabric itself, rather than be too stiff or beefy, like some maker's products.
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
They have a lot of love on this forum and I know they have a good number of customers here. But they would be aided by more pics from said customers. It's helpful to see the ties in another context.
I asked about the knot because I picked up a Drake's rust donegal in one of the sales. The knot is, shall we say, substantial even though the tie is untipped. Perhaps it's partly the lining...
Square is lovely too, btw. Does it work well with the herringbone? I'm trying to think what squares would do well with a coat of that pattern.
I do wish Vanda had more classic English fabrics though. I am sure they are limited by the small scale of their operation, so it would be benefit us all of their customer base grew.
- The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 49 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 54 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Label Under Construction 3 button heavy silk cardigan 50 (see... 5 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Sale Ex Display 5 minutes ago
- › RLBL RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL 40L WOOL/ cashmere SUIT 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan