Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread - Page 19
Styleforum Top Picks
If you like multi-stripe/block stripe ties (I know there are some on the forum who don't categorically), I can highly recommend it. The wool silk blend has a great texture. Overall, it's typical Vanda: light, good drape, knots nicely. I did struggle a bit figuring out how to coordinate, but I think the final result worked out, although I'm uncertain about the square.
Beige/Sand color square that has some blue/brown in it (a Drake's in last winter season). Actually, why not a purple of some sort. Would be different, but set off nicely against brown. Just two thoughts. I feel like the square looks too close to the brown (is it rust?), but hard to tell from the pic. Perhaps that's what you are thinking as well (a bit too matched)?
The square is a brown/red/green madder from Hober. Similar to this but not in stock at the moment. I tried a beige Drake's and Vanda purple; the former seemed too matchy, and the latter was good but decided against it at the last moment. I also considered a green Drake's, which I think might have been the way to go.
Ah, the tie is beige not silver striped? I still like purple!
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
Really nicely. It has a lightweight interlining, and from what I can tell, no padding (or at least near impossible to detect). The interlining controls the shell fabric well, but is thin enough to allow the fabric to dimple handsomely. Like with all of Vanda's ties, I find this one to be more "true" to the shell fabric itself, rather than be too stiff or beefy, like some maker's products.
Gerald and Diane really run an underrated operation.
They have a lot of love on this forum and I know they have a good number of customers here. But they would be aided by more pics from said customers. It's helpful to see the ties in another context.
I asked about the knot because I picked up a Drake's rust donegal in one of the sales. The knot is, shall we say, substantial even though the tie is untipped. Perhaps it's partly the lining...
Square is lovely too, btw. Does it work well with the herringbone? I'm trying to think what squares would do well with a coat of that pattern.
I do wish Vanda had more classic English fabrics though. I am sure they are limited by the small scale of their operation, so it would be benefit us all of their customer base grew.
- The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang Grenadine Grossa Tie - Burgundy 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Real McCoy's Zielinski 37J1B jacket, 46 (L-XL) [NEW] 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015