or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 21st century women can be difficult
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

21st century women can be difficult - Page 15

post #211 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I edited my post so as to be less insulting, not that it wasn't sincere or anything.
I laud your sincerity, however misdirected. Care to state a premise or are you going to continue to roll with what you claim I don't know? Is that some new method they teach in philosophy classes nowadays or is that 'technique' unique to you?
post #212 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
You're a condescending asshole with your little smileys and coming from me that's quite the insult. At least I don't need to add a when I call you out on your crass ignorance.
At least I'm condescending, you're not even that.
post #213 of 278
Would we even be having this conversation if it was the other way around? If he wanted to not go to work every day, stay home, have a housekeeper clean the house/cook the meals and have a nanny take care of the kid (which means he is essentially doing nothing), while the wife works 60 hrs a week. I would guess most people would tell him to man up, not be a wussy, call him a bum, tell him to contribute to society, etc. Here in north america, women get treated with kid gloves due to a combination of feminist design and an ingrained white-knighting culture.
post #214 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
My wife who is a biologist disagrees with your girlfriend and I'm being really charitable. Aren't you 16 or so? HS biology is not "understanding".
Which field, sugar? Her understanding may be a little hazy if she's spent the last few years working in a pathology lab My GF is a senior bio/spanish double major (spanish obviously irrelevant here) by hours with three semesters of research in biological anthropology and probably going to graduate SCL. I'm on my phone right now. I'll present a proper argument when I have a keyboard. Just to be sure- you're arguing that women need to be treated differently on the basis of biology? Could you expand on that further? It'll expedite the process a bit.
post #215 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
Which field, sugar? Her understanding may be a little hazy if she's spent the last few years working in a pathology lab
Molecular. Specialty, neuro. Honey.
post #216 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Molecular. Specialty, neuro. Honey.
That's impressive. Highly relevant to my interests. Are we approaching this from a chemical perspective then? I need more if we're going to get this ball rollin, babe
post #217 of 278
What the fuck is up with the nerd fights up there? There is no question that early feminism movement was to promote equal legal rights for women. You would be better off not arguing against that point.
post #218 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
That's impressive. Highly relevant to my interests. Are we approaching this from a chemical perspective then? I need more if we're going to get this ball rollin, babe
Sure. Remember I'm Phys/NE so this is second hand. It's been well demonstrated that in utero exposure to androgens causes structural differences between male and female brains. These differences result in differing modes of cognition- not better or worse, mind you, just different. Therefore assuming for "political" reasons that men and women think the same (identity as in identical) has no basis in science. Link to an old article but there's a ton out there: http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~mgorman/Berenbaum.pdf
post #219 of 278
What is progressive about a stay at home mom that doesn't work? I don't get it. That sounds more traditional to me. Well, except for the fact that you need a house cleaner and nanny 'cause she's too spoiled to do it herself.
post #220 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by word View Post
What is progressive about a stay at home mom that doesn't work? I don't get it. That sounds more traditional to me. Well, except for the fact that you need a house cleaner and nanny 'cause she's too spoiled to do it herself.
Maybe they need to add a chef/cook to the staff and then it would work for everyone
post #221 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Sure. Remember I'm Phys/NE so this is second hand. It's been well demonstrated that in utero exposure to androgens causes structural differences between male and female brains. These differences result in differing modes of cognition- not better or worse, mind you, just different. Therefore assuming for "political" reasons that men and women think the same (identity as in identical) has no basis in science.

Link to an old article but there's a ton out there:

http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~mgorman/Berenbaum.pdf



incorrect. cognitive differences between men and women are, universally, statistically tiny with vastly greater within group differences than between group differences.
post #222 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross22 View Post
What the fuck is up with the nerd fights up there?

There is no question that early feminism movement was to promote equal legal rights for women. You would be better off not arguing against that point.

the same applies to the current feminist movement.
post #223 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmontana View Post
incorrect. cognitive differences between men and women are, universally, statistically tiny with vastly greater within group differences than between group differences.
Oh really? Can you characterize your answer as to what differences you're mentioning? Data would be nice as well.
post #224 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Oh really? Can you characterize your answer as to what differences you're mentioning? Data would be nice as well.

really

http://www.apa.org/research/action/difference.aspx
post #225 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmontana View Post
the same applies to the current feminist movement.
not really, how many women in the early feminist movement wanted the right to be conscripted? the same question can be asked about the modern feminist movement as well. you do not hear abotu women marching to be able to be conscripted. in general one could say they wanted the legal benefits of being citizen but not the full responsibilities of the being a citizen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 21st century women can be difficult