or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chicago Meet-Up 1xx---- Come Say Goodbye to the Wilkster
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chicago Meet-Up 1xx---- Come Say Goodbye to the Wilkster - Page 4

post #46 of 62
Kyle brought an amazing '04 Brunello. I had to escape early for the WS Grand Tour where I drank, among a bunch of others the following: Margaux changed my life. Seriously. Definitely the best wine I've ever had. Ever. Period. I had plenty of $100+ bottles of Napa cab's and none had shit on the margaux. It was great to meet a bunch of people in person for the first time. My fiance asks/noticed (as a non-SF person): Kyle - want to cater our wedding? Otto - My Fiance thought you were really cute and if you're single wants to set you up. Lou - Pocket square. All she could say was pocket square. (keep in mind, she's not SF approved) Ron - Too brief. I told her you know lots about restaurants just about anywhere in the US and she was like, oh awesome. Also, Bristol was a real treat. Food was fantastic.
post #47 of 62
Thread Starter 
Those bottles are awesome. Seriously, . Definitely early in their lives, but I bet they were great.
post #48 of 62
What was the brunello you brought? It was really something special. I have to say, though, that the Margaux was my favorite wine of the night. Perfect illustration of awesome bordeaux when drunk side by side with Joseph Insignia, BV Latour, or Mondavi Reserves. I literally thought I couldn't drink anything after drinking the jackboot fruit CA Cabs, but the Margaux was vestal virgin walking through a cave of savages.
post #49 of 62
Thread Starter 
2004 Vitanza Brunello di Montalcino. Should be $50-60 retail, and drinking just insanely well right now.
post #50 of 62
where the pics?
post #51 of 62
LOL @ '04 Margaux. I have two untouched cases of 2000 in my cellar, you smalltime peasants.
post #52 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc905 View Post
What was the brunello you brought? It was really something special. I have to say, though, that the Margaux was my favorite wine of the night. Perfect illustration of awesome bordeaux when drunk side by side with Joseph Insignia, BV Latour, or Mondavi Reserves. I literally thought I couldn't drink anything after drinking the jackboot fruit CA Cabs, but the Margaux was vestal virgin walking through a cave of savages.

You consider those fruitbomb cabs?
post #53 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
where the pics?

+1
post #54 of 62
I know it was a Thursday night, but it doesn't sound like you guys were out too late?
post #55 of 62
I do, perhaps it's all relative, but with all of those, I felt like I was drinking silky smooth fermented jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
You consider those fruitbomb cabs?
post #56 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan View Post
I know it was a Thursday night, but it doesn't sound like you guys were out too late?

Nah. I got home at like 1030.
post #57 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Most pictures of me are of me drunk. Besides, drunk me looks about the same as sober me, except my cheeks are a tiny bit more red.

I will vouch for this. Drunk you was pretty smiley too.
post #58 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I will vouch for this. Drunk you was pretty smiley too.

I like to think sober me is quite smiley as well.
post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc905 View Post
I do, perhaps it's all relative, but with all of those, I felt like I was drinking silky smooth fermented jam.

I have always liked the old school Napas, which I consider those to be. Yes, they are different from Bordeaux, but they are far, far from the jammy-jam that Napa is churning out at the $$$ end these days.
post #60 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc905 View Post
Otto - My Fiance thought you were really cute and if you're single wants to set you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
2004 Vitanza Brunello di Montalcino. Should be $50-60 retail, and drinking just insanely well right now.
That was quite a nice bottle of wine...as someone who has not yet learned much about wine, I approve. Had a great time, and some great food (the ramp fettuccine carbonara with lardo!!)--Good luck down south Kwilk!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chicago Meet-Up 1xx---- Come Say Goodbye to the Wilkster