or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anybody not particularly like black shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anybody not particularly like black shoes - Page 9

post #121 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
He only has eight posts, maybe this one can be saved from SF. Leave child, save yourself!!!! Quick!!! Don't retort!!!

I didn't mean to insult him....

I used to like Alden's shoe when I was 16...
post #122 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurv View Post
There are many brown hues but only one black. Black shoes are more formal and elegant in my opinion, but since they're easy to pair with about anything they can be a sort of "safe" pick in an outfit. Maybe conservative is a better word.

There are many black hues, you just can't see them.
post #123 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
I didn't mean to insult him....

I used to like Alden's shoe when I was 16...

Haha, I know. I was just being facisous.
post #124 of 139
Its too late for him, he has been exposed and there is no turning back.

I would bet money that in six months his favorite pair of shoes are disgarded or used for performing oil changes on his car (the only reasonable use I ever found for Florsheims).
post #125 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
What? Who taught you that? It is truely a sad day when Florsheims are your favorite pair of shoes
I was being facetious. In fact, the reason I love the shoes are the memories associated with them. But I do prefer black shoes, as I find they work best with grey trousers, which I wear most often. Further I had been under the impression that this forum existed to discuss a hobby we all share and to give advice and recommendations, not to insult those whose decisions about their own sartorial style you question. Recommendations and advice are fine, but insulting those who are relatively new to this forum and to this hobby is not helpful either to the forum or to those who come to this forum seeking advice and to those seeking individuals who share a common interest.
post #126 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenahan View Post
I was being facetious. In fact, the reason I love the shoes are the memories associated with them. But I do prefer black shoes, as I find they work best with grey trousers, which I wear most often.

Further I had been under the impression that this forum existed to discuss a hobby we all share and to give advice and recommendations, not to insult those whose decisions about their own sartorial style you question. Recommendations and advice are fine, but insulting those who are relatively new to this forum and to this hobby is not helpful either to the forum or to those who come to this forum seeking advice and to those seeking individuals who share a common interest.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, everyone is here to help you. However, if you start handing out advice before you know what you are talking about, you may get ragged on. Backing up your point with "Florshiems are my favorte shoes" is not going to do you any favors.

What makes you think that black works "best" with grey? I wear greay and charcoal all the time with beautiful brown...
post #127 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
I didn't mean to insult him....

I used to like Alden's shoe when I was 16...

at 16???
post #128 of 139
Come on Dude !!!

Black is Beautiful !!!
post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
No love for these? Bought them yesterday
My next pair will be a pair of black double monks. I'm in the brown camp btw; got 7 pairs of decent browns and no decent black shoes anymore. Those quoted are OK, but not great imo. The stitching reminds me of the Grenson Kent. I wouldn't be surprised if your double monks were made by Grenson.
post #130 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
I really don't like black shoes. I'd say about 90% of the time, I'm wearing brown shoes. Obviously black shoes are a staple and you need a few pairs, but they are so uninteresting that I generally just get a wholecut or cap toe.

give me a nicely patina'ed brown shoe every day of the week with both grey and navy.

I can't be alone on this, but I'm sure I will get a bit

Playing to the gallery here I think?

I would disagree. Black for town (EG Asquiths + CJ Audleys) browns and tans for leisure time.

Call me conservative but...
post #131 of 139
Black is sexy.

Brown is smart.
post #132 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
at 16???

And JM WESTON...
post #133 of 139
I agree with the OP, I have a pair of black AE's that I have never worn. IMO black shoes only go with a black suit, and since black suits are rarely appropriate my black shoes never get worn.

However, prior to finding SF I wore black shoes almost every day...
post #134 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
And JM WESTON...

wow! at 16 i was think jordans and stan smiths
post #135 of 139
I don't own or wear burgundy shoes....

I have brown, black, navy, tan, all in constant rotation. To me, the worst thing in the world is a square-toed shoe (full-on square blocks, not chiseled or soft square), followed by (and usually accompanying) cheap shoes with a suit. Pointy toed shoes=awful.

I'm sure none of you care about my preferences, and I assure you that I return the favor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anybody not particularly like black shoes