or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Visible Lines on AE Walnut Strands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Visible Lines on AE Walnut Strands

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I ordered a pair of AE Strands and noticed some visible lines on the uppers of the right shoe. Is this just a part of the aesthetic of the walnut leather that I should accept? I noticed something similar on the Zappos images. Otherwise, I love the shoes.
LL
LL
post #2 of 23
I have a pair of churchs in chili that had the same issue when i got them. after a few polishings i cant see the lines anymore.
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
I have a pair of churchs in chili that had the same issue when i got them. after a few polishings i cant see the lines anymore.

I meant to ask whether it would go away after some polishings. Thanks.
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post
I meant to ask whether it would go away after some polishings. Thanks.

*disclaimer*

I'm not going to say yours will go away, just saying what my experience was.
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
I'm not going to say yours will go away, just saying what my experience was.

Understood.
post #6 of 23
I have some similar lines on a pair of AEs in what appears to be the same color. They are still fairly new but the lines are fading especially since I polish them with the shoe bag after every wear.
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgy View Post
I polish them with the shoe bag after every wear.

you know polishing cloths are 3 dollars at the AE store right?
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post
Understood.

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
you know polishing cloths are 3 dollars at the AE store right?

I use my old underpants. Works like a charm.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
I use my old underpants. Works like a charm.
What do you use for your black shoes?
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
What do you use for your black shoes?

Masterful. Well done, sir
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
you know polishing cloths are 3 dollars at the AE store right?
. . . but the bag was free! I don't use polish, just clean them up a bit so they are ready for next wear. I'm a thrifter for goodness sake. Like today for example, I splurged 4.00 for two like new pairs of Nordstrom's wool trowsers. I'm not gonna spend 3.00 for a cloth when a bag will do.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
What do you use for your black shoes?

OUTSTANDING!

I literally just spit monster all over my girlfriends laptop LOL!
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgy View Post
. . . but the bag was free! I don't use polish, just clean them up a bit so they are ready for next wear.

I'm a thrifter for goodness sake. Like today for example, I splurged 4.00 for two like new pairs of Nordstrom's wool trowsers. I'm not gonna spend 3.00 for a cloth when a bag will do.

I'm a thrifter also, but c'mon man its 3 dollars! I guess i just like to keep my shoe bags clean.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
I'm a thrifter also, but c'mon man its 3 dollars! I guess i just like to keep my shoe bags clean.

They're my first shoes with shoe bags so I have to learn. I'll probably buy some (on sale) pretty soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Visible Lines on AE Walnut Strands