or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy - Page 73

post #1081 of 1243
I was on the same MTO order and mine are doing the exact same thing. I'm hoping it will sort itself out as they break in, but I too am a little concerned (and disappointed). Maybe it is happening because it is a thinner leather and the last is so full that there is just too much empty space? I imagine adding a thin insole could help, but I don't think there is enough room in mine for that.
post #1082 of 1243

Thanks for your responses, I am glad that thin leather is normal in Acorn boots. I have emailed Richard at SH, he has been kind enough to fwd my concerns to Tricker's, at this point I am awaiting their response. I will recommend to email Richard as well with pics.

post #1083 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by monologuist View Post

I was on the same MTO order and mine are doing the exact same thing. I'm hoping it will sort itself out as they break in, but I too am a little concerned (and disappointed). Maybe it is happening because it is a thinner leather and the last is so full that there is just too much empty space? I imagine adding a thin insole could help, but I don't think there is enough room in mine for that.

 

Besides that excess ripple, everything else is fine, I am taking quite a bit of liking to these boots, even with imperfections. Little bit of rippling is ok, but I find it a bit too pronounced on mine, even with the extra width of 4444, leather should shape up to contours of the last not as rippled.

 

Others havent noticed it, so looks like just you and I are affected. Do post some pics.

post #1084 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Morris View Post
 


Dear All,

 

Happy New Year.

 

Sadly, we don't seem to have enough interest in this MTO.  I might start saving and go for it anyway, but it looks like we might have to forget it as a group order.

 

However, if three more interested fellows show up I am sure that we can resurrect the deal.

 

All best,

MM


Gents,

 

We are nearly there.  Two more, please, and this one is happening.

 

Come on .... you know that you want to!

 

Best,

MM

post #1085 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Morris View Post
 


Gents,

 

We are nearly there.  Two more, please, and this one is happening.

 

Come on .... you know that you want to!

 

Best,

MM

 

Sorry, the specification was lost on the last post ... it is:

 

Burford Boot on 4497s last, Fitting 5.
Gaucho Repello Suede.
Mushroom Binding.
Natural Barbour Welt.
Brown Dainite Sole.
Vintage Green Calf Lining.
Brown Pull Loops.
Four Brass Eyelets, Three Brass Ski-Hooks.
Leather Laces.

 

Here is a picture of one in a different colour:

 

 

and a Stow in Gaucho:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

Mix the two together in your head and you should have a fairly good idea of how it will look.

 

Best,

MM

giving a fairly good idea of how it should look:

post #1086 of 1243

I just joined the group and this is my first posting. I've been emailing back and forth with Richard @ The Shoe Healer about doing an MTO for a cotto cordovan Allan boot. I was originally going to just do the MTO solo, but Richard thought the boot was stunning and said he'd take two if I could get a group buy going here. We just need three more people.

 

Here's the specs:

 

Model, 'Allan'

Last, 4497s, fitting 5.

Colour, Cotto Cordovan.

Binding, Black Binding.

Lining, Black Calf Lining.

Eyelets, Black Eyelets.

Laces, Black Waxed Cord Laces.

Barbour Welt in Black Finish.

Sole, Dainite Sole in Black.

 

The background for this MTO is that I bought a pair pretty much like this on EBAY back in early January, and was really excited to get them. When they arrived, on close inspection though, there were serious differences in the right and left boot that were disturbing. The left boot, on the lateral side, was significantly faded and almost dry-ish, as if it had been a display shoe catching UV light for a time (hard to imagine as that is). The back spine was dry and rough - almost cracked - which was also unexpected. On the same lateral side, the inner liner had separated from the outer cordovan shell. I noticed in the photos, the seller used the right shoe for the lateral photos and the back spine photos were blurry enough not to see the detail. The seller then refused to answer any of my questions about their condition, so I sent them back and thankfully got a refund; but I was very disappointed, and was resolved to get a pair anyhow.

 

If interested, email Richard at:  info@shoehealer.co.uk   re: MTO Allan in Cotto Cordovan

 

Photo examples to follow!


Edited by Carson - 1/26/14 at 6:34pm
post #1087 of 1243

Here's the idea, from the EBAY listing, noting that the seller has not changed the description!

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trickers-Shell-Cordovan-Captoe-Country-Boots-9-5-D-/350982200509?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51b82b5cbd

 

 

 

post #1088 of 1243
Great MTO. I have them in lollipop cavalier and they've become my favorite shoe.

post #1089 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
 

I just joined the group and this is my first posting. I've been emailing back and forth with Richard @ The Shoe Healer about doing an MTO for a cotto cordovan Allan boot. I was originally going to just do the MTO solo, but Richard thought the boot was stunning and said he'd take two if I could get a group buy going here. We just need three more people.

 

Here's the specs:

 

Model, 'Allan'

Last, 4497s, fitting 5.

Colour, Cotto Cordovan.

Binding, Black Binding.

Lining, Black Calf Lining.

Eyelets, Black Eyelets.

Laces, Black Waxed Cord Laces.

Barbour Welt in Black Finish.

Sole, Dainite Sole in Black.

 

The background for this MTO is that I bought a pair pretty much like this on EBAY back in early January, and was really excited to get them. When they arrived, on close inspection though, there were serious differences in the right and left boot that were disturbing. The left boot, on the lateral side, was significantly faded and almost dry-ish, as if it had been a display shoe catching UV light for a time (hard to imagine as that is). The back spine was dry and rough - almost cracked - which was also unexpected. On the same lateral side, the inner liner had separated from the outer cordovan shell. I noticed in the photos, the seller used the right shoe for the lateral photos and the back spine photos were blurry enough not to see the detail. The seller then refused to answer any of my questions about their condition, so I sent them back and thankfully got a refund; but I was very disappointed, and was resolved to get a pair anyhow.

 

If interested, email Richard at:  info@shoehealer.co.uk   re: MTO Allan in Cotto Cordovan

 

Photo examples to follow!

how much are they going to be?  thanks

post #1090 of 1243

Richard will have a price quote for me today which I will update

post #1091 of 1243

Very nice on the lollipop cavaliers!

post #1092 of 1243

I have had my heart on burgundy scotch grain MTO posted earlier, but I am definitely interested in cotto cord too At this point I am on fence, but may I suggest natural welt with dainite sole, have a look at this http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3523 and imagine it with cotto cord shell  :fonz:

This appears to be on 2298 last based on http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3150

It will also look killer on Burford too with natural welt, some pics from SFer http://www.styleforum.net/t/198359/offical-trickers-shoes-and-boots-thread/3945 with cotto cordovan ptb

 

I have definitely my eyes on this mto, hopefully this one gets made.

post #1093 of 1243

Yes, the natural welt *does* look great in that it seems to contrast the cotto cordovan nicely. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that. I'd imagine Richard might like that too.

 

Anyone else??

post #1094 of 1243

Calikid, how would you feel about a natural welt on the cotto Allan's?

post #1095 of 1243

Oh why, oh why does cordovan have to be so beautiful... and so expensive.. I am gutted, that Cotto Cordovan looks amazeballs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy