or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe advice for wedding
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe advice for wedding

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
I'm getting married in June and am looking for some shoes. So far, I have tried on lots of shoes, and they are not comfortable. Someone just suggested I check out Cole Haans because they are designed for comfort. I am looking for something that might be slightly vintage looking.

Has anyone tried these before? Any thoughts on the quality of Cole Haans? These are the ones I am looking at:


http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...rd-black-nappa

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...-wingtip-black

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...ord-black-calf

Thanks.
post #2 of 30
Black captoe is appropriate for a formal wedding. Wingtip is not appropriate, unless it is a casual event.

I can't comment on the comfort of Cole Haan, but you could try Rockport if you really feel comfort is an issue. Generally dress shoes are not going to be as comfortable as sneakers, maybe your expectations are too high.
post #3 of 30
Checkout Ecco if you want some comfortable shoes, I have a few pairs and by far they are the most comfortable I have worn.
post #4 of 30
Thread Starter 
Not expecting sneaker level comfort, though some of the shoes I have tried feel like there is hard material from inside the shoe sticking into my foot as I walk.
post #5 of 30
no on the cole haan. If you want cheap: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/_shop/....jpg?undefined http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/_shop/....jpg?undefined http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/_shop/....jpg?undefined http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...lectedFitID=0# Loake design. It ain't anything amazing, but its goodyear welted, and far better than the cole haans. Before anyone flips a shit, yes I know its corrected grain and a chiseled toe, but for $170, its about as good as its going to get for a wedding, imho.
post #6 of 30
You definitely won't find much love for Cole Haan around here--cheap corrected grain (read: crappy) leather with rubber soles. If you had to pick one of the ones listed, pick the first--a classic captoe oxford in black like that is exactly what you want. For a good entry-level shoe, take a look at the Allen-Edmonds Park Avenue. You can get them cheaper than list either in the B&S forum here, on eBay, or through one of the Allen Edmonds shoe banks (seconds, though you almost always can't tell the difference). Good luck, and congratulations! Edit: The Loake listed above is also an option, but for not much more, you can get Allen Edmonds seconds which are full-grain leather and will last your forever.
post #7 of 30
There are many types of shoes available in market. But in wedding you have to wear one of best shoe which is suit your personality and also your clothes. I think Red Chief shoes are best for wedding. It is best shoes available in market. It has also reasonable price and comfort to wear. It comes in many styles and colors. so you will like it. It is branded company so your shoes life will be long. so you have not worry for shoes.
post #8 of 30
+1 for the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue.
post #9 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post
You definitely won't find much love for Cole Haan around here--cheap corrected grain (read: crappy) leather with rubber soles. If you had to pick one of the ones listed, pick the first--a classic captoe oxford in black like that is exactly what you want.

For a good entry-level shoe, take a look at the Allen-Edmonds Park Avenue. You can get them cheaper than list either in the B&S forum here, on eBay, or through one of the Allen Edmonds shoe banks (seconds, though you almost always can't tell the difference).

Good luck, and congratulations!

Edit: The Loake listed above is also an option, but for not much more, you can get Allen Edmonds seconds which are full-grain leather and will last your forever.

While I really like the park avenue, I find it a bit bulbous and bulky especially if one is wearing a trim fit tuxedo.

I think the loake above is a bit sleeker and has a high shine that I tend to prefer for such an event.
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt465 View Post
Black captoe is appropriate for a formal wedding. Wingtip is not appropriate, unless it is a casual event.
Quote:
I can't comment on the comfort of Cole Haan, but you could try Rockport if you really feel comfort is an issue. Generally dress shoes are not going to be as comfortable as sneakers, maybe your expectations are too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post
Checkout Ecco if you want some comfortable shoes, I have a few pairs and by far they are the most comfortable I have worn.
post #11 of 30
Why is it that when somebody asks a question on here all of these n00bz come out of the woodwork with the worst advice ever?
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Why is it that when somebody asks a question on here all of these n00bz come out of the woodwork with the worst advice ever?

Because those who know better are tired of answering the same questions repeatedly?
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by techdude View Post
Not expecting sneaker level comfort, though some of the shoes I have tried feel like there is hard material from inside the shoe sticking into my foot as I walk.

Leather starts out stiff and hard, and some shoes may cause pain initially. After some wearings, it will soften and stretch to accommodate the particular shape of your feet, assuming it is good leather and fits your foot well enough. This is known as "breaking in" new shoes.
post #14 of 30
...
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post
Checkout Ecco if you want some comfortable shoes, I have a few pairs and by far they are the most comfortable I have worn.

Fail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe advice for wedding